Character Discussion Some Thoughts on Yamato 4 Nakama

Yamato 4 Nakama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m really hyped with Yamato as the next nakama, and I have one question as well: will Yamato change her name like Franky did? Although the alphabet theory is not completely true, but it’s not false either. Here’s the summarize:

AB - Brook
CD - Chopper
EF - Franky
GH - ??
IJ - Jinbe
KL - Luffy
MN - Nami
OP - ??
QR - Robin
ST - Sanji
UV - Usopp
WX - ??
YZ - Zoro

if Yamato still uses her current name, she won’t fit the pattern, but if she changes her name to be “Yamato Oden” it would fit the OP pattern since she will be called Oden. Not to mention that so far Yamato only meets Luffy, and Franky for a mere second. But in Franky’s case, Franky doesn’t know who she is, but Franky knows Yamato is on their side. Another thing is that Straw Hat Crew may know that Yamato is Kaido’s son, so if Yamato changes her name Straw Hat crew won’t be suspicious. Maybe if she still retains with “Yamato” as her surname Straw Hat crew will still be suspicious, so she’ll come up with new name. Maybe Ooyama (Japanese Katakana can write her name as オウヤマ)? Straw Hat crew didn’t know Robin’s name back then until she decided to join the crew, so Yamato having new name & joins the crew to fit the alphabet theory sounds reasonable.

I was thinking about her name change becasue we can see in chapter 1015 & 1016 Yamato says that she wants to “severe the chains” between her & Kaido. Maybe the chains she talked about is her identity as “Kaido’s son” and embracing new identity?

Last edited: