Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kin'emon and Momonosuke joining eventually makes sense since Oda is trying to fill out the crew using the alphabet. Assuming Vivi, Yamato, Momo and Kin join later. this puts us at 15 filled spots in Oda's Alphabet Crew System. Which leaves us with 11 unfilled spots in the alphabet. This is based on Roger's crew having 26 members without temporary crew mates, apprentices, pets, familiars, or minks. I made a list of characters who could possibly fill one of these eleven slots based off the story so far and their interactions with the other crew members.
  • A = Ace (Sabo), Alber aka King, Apoo, Arlong
  • B = Brook
  • C = Chopper
  • D = Dalton, Vander Decken IX, Dragon, X Drake, Duval
  • E = Enel
  • F = Franky
  • G = Gaimon, Mr. 3 Galdino, Garp, Gedatsu, Gin
  • H = Hancock, Hatchan
  • I = Iceburg, Im, Inazuma, Indigo, Ivankov
  • J = Jinbe
  • K = Kaidou, Katakuri, Kin'emon, Kuina, Kuma, Kuzan
  • L = Luffy
  • M = Marco, Momonosuke, Going Merry, Moria
  • N = Nami
  • O = Oars Jr,, Onimaru
  • P = Pandaman, Paulie, Pedro, Pekoms, Pell, Perona, Pudding
  • Q = Doc Q, Queen
  • R = Robin
  • S = Sanji
  • T = Tama, Tashigi, Marshall D. Teach
  • U = Usopp
  • V = Vivi
  • W = Wadatsumi, Weevil, Who's-Who, Sanjiuan Wolf, Wyper
  • X = Rock D. Xebec
  • Y = Yamato
  • Z = Zoro

Kin'emon and Momonosuke joining eventually makes sense since Oda is trying to fill out the crew using the alphabet. Assuming Vivi, Yamato, Momo and Kin join later. this puts us at 15 filled spots in Oda's Alphabet Crew System. Which leaves us with 11 unfilled spots in the alphabet. This is based on Roger's crew having 26 members without temporary crew mates, apprentices, pets, familiars, or minks. I made a list of characters who could possibly fill one of these eleven slots based off the story so far and their interactions with the other crew members.
  • A = Ace (Sabo), Alber aka King, Apoo, Arlong
  • B = Brook
  • C = Chopper
  • D = Dalton, Vander Decken IX, Dragon, X Drake, Duval
  • E = Enel
  • F = Franky
  • G = Gaimon, Mr. 3 Galdino, Garp, Gedatsu, Gin
  • H = Hancock, Hatchan
  • I = Iceburg, Im, Inazuma, Indigo, Ivankov
  • J = Jinbe
  • K = Kaidou, Katakuri, Kin'emon, Kuina, Kuma, Kuzan
  • L = Luffy
  • M = Marco, Momonosuke, Going Merry, Moria
  • N = Nami
  • O = Oars Jr,, Onimaru
  • P = Pandaman, Paulie, Pedro, Pekoms, Pell, Perona, Pudding
  • Q = Doc Q, Queen
  • R = Robin
  • S = Sanji
  • T = Tama, Tashigi, Marshall D. Teach
  • U = Usopp
  • V = Vivi
  • W = Wadatsumi, Weevil, Who's-Who, Sanjiuan Wolf, Wyper
  • X = Rock D. Xebec
  • Y = Yamato
  • Z = Zoro
The fuck

...motherFUCKER

MOTHERFUCKING FUCK. THAT WAS THE LAST, UTTER, FUCKING STRAW FOR ME.

I FOUGHT FOR YAMATO4NAKAMA. I FUCKING LOST FRIENDS FOR THEM. I WORE THE YAMATO TOWEL IRL.
I HAD FAITH. I HAD FAITH IN YOU, YOU FUCKING BASTARD. YOU SHATTERED EVERYTHING. I WAS ONE OF THE MOST LOYAL ONE PIECE FOLLOWERS. I MANAGED TO GET DOZENS OF PEOPLE PEOPLE INTO IT. AND THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME AFTER A DECADE WORTH OF PATIENCE TO FINALLY SEE YAMATO JOIN THE CREW?
FUCKING HELL, FUCK YOU, ODA. FUCK YOU. YOU AND YOUR SHITTY FUCKING LITTLE MANGA. YOU LYING SACK OF SHIT! I HANG THE THE GLORIOUS SIDE BOOBS OVER MY BED, AND MY GOD I WILL NOT GIVE IN. YOU LITERALLY WOULD HAVE TO CLAW IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD FUCKING BODY. I WILL DENY, DENY, DENY WHAT YOU JUST DID! YOU'RE AS GOOD AS DEAD TO ME! YOU TRAITOROUS OLD FUCK!

FUCK MOMO. FUCK CARROT. FUCK SCABBARDS. FUCK ODA. FUCK WANO. FUCKING GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING - BLAND, HELL-BOUND, BROKEN, DISGUSTING AND WASTING PANELS FOR SUBVERTING EXPECTATIONS !
It's kinda funny that we ZKKers never had such a meltdown like the Admiral bros like this, we just kinda cried and accepted things and moved on :rolaugh:

B

Ballel

yeah, but those people make for the least interesting villains.
I hate what they did with fucking Kuvira in legend of Korra.
In the end she suddenly turns good and is like 'wait mom you actually love me? Even tho I'm not your real daughter? Oh god I'm so happy thank you for everything mom I love you all and I regret making a whole damn fascist organisation to subdue the whole world and I'm so happy with getting house arrested in your city, I totally deserve that but it's ok bc I love u mom, and thank you for everything Korra I love u2'

:seriously: that shit sends a wrong message to the ~10 y/o audience.

Gonna drop some serious redpills on you guys

There was not a single good reason for Yamato to join the crew. Not one.

1. She had zero bond with the crew or with Luffy. Yamato joining the crew would completely shit all over the themes of found family that have been built up for over 1000 chapters

2. It would be completely unearned. Unlike every other Strawhat up until this point, Yamato has had NO growth or character development prior to 1057. Nothing about what Yamato had done up until that point suggested that she deserved to be considered a Strawhat

3. There was no direction to take her storyline after Wano. Unlike every Strawhat, Yamato has no special special or connections with outside characters that could come into play later down the line. She'd just be there in the background: taking up space and doing nothing of value until a fight comes around because that's the only thing she can do. Regardless of whether she joined or not, 1057 was effectively where her storyline was going to end no matter what.

4. If Yamato were to become a Strawhat, her storyline would effectively be a cheaper, less poignant version of Nami's, Chopper's, and WCI Sanji's storylines.

Yamato offered nothing new to the table, either in terms of personality, skills, powers, or storytelling potential.

There was absolutely no good reason for her to join the Strawhats, and 1057 honestly made her a better character because it had her go down a different route outside of being an Oden wannabe

I expect Luffy and Bb to fight in Lodestar
Luffy defeating an admiral is not a big deal and adds nothing to the story
It makes no sense to fight Shanks who is not evil
So is Luffy's next enemy a random person?
:zorothink:

That wasn’t your logic last time we talked about it.
I said before Sanji was shown to have better AP speed and likely durability, but those can be debated. Yamato joining just confirms it sanjis much stronger, if Yamato doesn’t join it can still be debated but it definitely doesn’t confirm Yamato being stronger.

Gonna drop some serious redpills on you guys

There was not a single good reason for Yamato to join the crew. Not one.

1. She had zero bond with the crew or with Luffy. Yamato joining the crew would completely shit all over the themes of found family that have been built up for over 1000 chapters

2. It would be completely unearned. Unlike every other Strawhat up until this point, Yamato has had NO growth or character development prior to 1057. Nothing about what Yamato had done up until that point suggested that she deserved to be considered a Strawhat

3. There was no direction to take her storyline after Wano. Unlike every Strawhat, Yamato has no special special or connections with outside characters that could come into play later down the line. She'd just be there in the background: taking up space and doing nothing of value until a fight comes around because that's the only thing she can do. Regardless of whether she joined or not, 1057 was effectively where her storyline was going to end no matter what.

4. If Yamato were to become a Strawhat, her storyline would effectively be a cheaper, less poignant version of Nami's, Chopper's, and WCI Sanji's storylines.

Yamato offered nothing new to the table, either in terms of personality, skills, powers, or storytelling potential.

There was absolutely no good reason for her to join the Strawhats, and 1057 honestly made her a better character because it had her go down a different route outside of being an Oden wannabe
TBH, there's 2 reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.