Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan vehemently denies its war crimes, that even shocked the Nazis apparently.

I'm surprised Oda has not been getting cancelled for post TS especially with Germa like how Hori was getting cancelled for Uniko the villain doctor in MHA amongst the other things they witch hunted him for lol.

Twitters reaction to this chapter will be interesting.
Germans when you mention hitler:

Well I think post-Shisui's eye getting stolen by Danzo, the Massacre had to happen otherwise the death toll would be worse and the circumstances (for the Uchiha) identical.

And at least Naruto/Bleach sets up these factions as very morally grey. Konoha is not a beacon of light and hope, it's just another village trying to survive by any means. The Shinigami guide book specifically tells new recruits to cheat and fight dirty to win and the Shinigami Royal Clans started the world by betraying God.

It just comes off different here because we're seeing Hiyori endorsing a very horrible view point with no implications that we or any characters should oppose it.
One Piece established Wano as morally grey than Naruto and Bleach ever did with their country.

I finally get why people here have a hard time understanding morally grey concepts. Oda showed that Wano is bad, but didn't tell it. Kishimoto and Kubo tells that things are morally bad.
Show > Tell

People want to be spoonfed. They want to be told things are bad. But Oda showed the bad aspects and didn't tell them. Because in real life, people are afraid to tell dark things even if they see them.

G

Gorosei Informer

Getting “cancelled” is a myth anyway, Louis CK just won a fucking Grammy :gonope:
Yeah that's true. Seems like more crying wolf to gain free clout. Thats gross about Louis too but not that surprising sadly.

Ive only seen people like Jenna Marbles and Lindsay Ellis stay "cancelled" after cancelling themselves or being swarmed with too much harassment or so.

Most people at least seem to bounce back and even harder otherwise. Or at least make somewhat of a recovery.

Anime-online love Wano though. And they hated Whole Cake. Film Red is the highest grossing One Piece film.
That's how Oda makes money
Give them Shanks fanservice movie...done they will praise Oda and buy more copies

They don't realise Oda is already doing Shanks dirty
I can't wait for Shanks fan who said Shanks will be handled better in manga when Oda offscreens or has him and his crew look pathetic in an arc

To an extent yes, but let's not forget that the leaf village never apologized to Naruto or Sasuke for the shit they lived through
I think esp when you talk about a cycle of hatred
its unfortunately about one side having to let go
and in both cases that fell on both naruto and sasuke and that way the cause for strife was gone.

the major difference between that and wano is we don't get that closure with any kurozumi
or the people of wano so there's clearly still the root cause for conflict( unless they are all dead which is worse)
orochi and kaido( who had his idea of equality twisted ) was all by the same person ... orochi's grandmother who used the fact that they persecuted her entire clan over his grandfather's crime. I think if anything , the chapter goes even further to paint the family as villains which realistically should provoke the same villain we saw in orochi and his grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.