Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if Hiyori's words weren't portrayed as inspiring and empowering (literally coinciding with/passed down to kids in school), I wouldn't mind as much.

It would simply be Wano people being awful and Luffy being neutral to such affairs after liberating another nation. Fine but Hiyori is making a "valiant" declaration after defeating her oppressor and stating he's inherently terrible for being a member of his family as though they weren't also persecuted. It's just baffling.

Oda can have characters hate and discriminate but some nuance would be nice like during Fishman Island with Fisher Tiger's dilemma and turmoil regarding humans.

D

Deleted member 33823

I feel like if Hiyori's words weren't portrayed as inspiring and empowering (literally coinciding with/passed down to kids in school), I wouldn't mind as much.

It would simply be Wano people being awful and Luffy being neutral to such affairs after liberating another nation. Fine but Hiyori is making a "valiant" declaration after defeating her oppressor and stating he's inherently terrible for being a member of his family as though they weren't also persecuted. It's just baffling.

Oda can have characters hate and discriminate but some nuance would be nice like during Fishman Island with Fisher Tiger's dilemma and turmoil regarding humans.
To be fair as long as the borders remain closed the people of Wano are doomed to be prejudiced, so this scene could just be reinforcing the idea to explain why they need to be opened no matter what.

For Carrot, I have high hopes. The month is 8 but the chapter doesn't drop on the 28th.... it the 29th. Maybe it was intentional maybe not. Whatever the remaining carrot fans are just going to go after the people that bullied them. IDK.

She could have only called Orochi a dicksucker but it needed to be #AllKurozumi

Status
Not open for further replies.