Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly super curious what the Marines and Blackbeard are fighting over. It's not Pluton or Poseidon, and unless it's Weevil, it's not related to a Shichibukai. Just trying to understand what could have leaked from the reverie that is keeping the Marines super busy and BB against them

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
I don't know why Oda decided to make things worse for him in Wano by introducing elements of the story clearly not needed. If Oda wants to keep the story light-hearted, then keep it light-hearted and goofy. Have quips, comedy panels, goofy fights etc. etc.

But he decided to have serious elements in the story. I mean at the start of Wano (Act 1 & 2), we saw a mother readying to kill her child. We saw bulk of the population starving and forced to it SMILE fruit leftovers. We saw men selling their families in a bid to have sex with Komurasaki. We saw rich-poor division at its worst. Even at Act 3, we were given decent backstory for Orochi and Kanjuro, showing why they became who they are.

I am not saying there should be a happy ending where everyone forgets what Orochi/Kanjuro did. They did horrible stuff and history should remember them accordingly. Hiyori became a Oiran because of them, so her hatred for them is also justified.

But if Hiyori's hatred for Orochi and Kanjuro makes it okay to say "Kurozumis are born to burn", how can Orochi's and Kanjuro's hatred for Wano's people be unjustified?

Basically,
  1. Oda introduced concept of circle of hatred with Orochi/Kanjuro, story ends with the circle continuing.
  2. Oda showed starving people forced to eat SMILES, story ends without any restoration of Wano's vegetation (which would make sense if GB wasn’t there to do nothing).
  3. Oda showed rich looking down on the poor, but now everybody loves everybody!!?
  4. I don't feel that people of Wano as much as they hate Orochi, Kaido kind of got a pass.
Somehow Fishmen Island and Alabasta resolved the social conflicts much better. Even Dressrosa did it better.

I can forget about Zoro stuff, his story can continue in the future and so I don't need to cry too much about it. But the story of the country Wano is also not properly done and It's not gonna be done properly in the future either, specially since Oda wants to finish OP in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.