Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder that this chapter is an uncontested victory for MarineChads :

-People were blaming Amaraki for using a nazi speech whan he was just dropping some Redpills about the wano political situation.
-Yamato blamed him for saying "such awful thing" when her beloved Oden sama country is a fascist and Segregasionist state.
-Luffycucks can't blame anymore Marines for accepting slavery because now he's literally protecting a racist country who burn children if they're born in the wrong family.

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

I don't know why Oda decided to make things worse for him in Wano by introducing elements of the story clearly not needed. If Oda wants to keep the story light-hearted, then keep it light-hearted and goofy. Have quips, comedy panels, goofy fights etc. etc.

But he decided to have serious elements in the story. I mean at the start of Wano (Act 1 & 2), we saw a mother readying to kill her child. We saw bulk of the population starving and forced to it SMILE fruit leftovers. We saw men selling their families in a bid to have sex with Komurasaki. We saw rich-poor division at its worst. Even at Act 3, we were given decent backstory for Orochi and Kanjuro, showing why they became who they are.

I am not saying there should be a happy ending where everyone forgets what Orochi/Kanjuro did. They did horrible stuff and history should remember them accordingly. Hiyori became a Oiran because of them, so her hatred for them is also justified.

But if Hiyori's hatred for Orochi and Kanjuro makes it okay to say "Kurozumis are born to burn", how can Orochi's and Kanjuro's hatred for Wano's people be unjustified?

Basically,
  1. Oda introduced concept of circle of hatred with Orochi/Kanjuro, story ends with the circle continuing.
  2. Oda showed starving people forced to eat SMILES, story ends without any restoration of Wano's vegetation (which would make sense if GB wasn’t there to do nothing).
  3. Oda showed rich looking down on the poor, but now everybody loves everybody!!?
  4. I don't feel that people of Wano as much as they hate Orochi, Kaido kind of got a pass.
Somehow Fishmen Island and Alabasta resolved the social conflicts much better. Even Dressrosa did it better.

I can forget about Zoro stuff, his story can continue in the future and so I don't need to cry too much about it. But the story of the country Wano is also not properly done and It's not gonna be done properly in the future either, specially since Oda wants to finish OP in 3 years.
Again, the pun is tasteless, but I think people here do not realize Kurozumi literally means Black Charcoal lol.

The reason it's being said is becuase it's a pun, not to mention both Kanjuro resorted to burning himself at the command of Orochi, who also died as a result (well...and being decapitated).

I don't think the intent was meant to spread hate about a family, it was meant to just be a named pun like Oden (which yes, didn't really work because Oden is a first name, not a family name)..

I don't know why Oda decided to make things worse for him in Wano by introducing elements of the story clearly not needed. If Oda wants to keep the story light-hearted, then keep it light-hearted and goofy. Have quips, comedy panels, goofy fights etc. etc.

But he decided to have serious elements in the story. I mean at the start of Wano (Act 1 & 2), we saw a mother readying to kill her child. We saw bulk of the population starving and forced to it SMILE fruit leftovers. We saw men selling their families in a bid to have sex with Komurasaki. We saw rich-poor division at its worst. Even at Act 3, we were given decent backstory for Orochi and Kanjuro, showing why they became who they are.

I am not saying there should be a happy ending where everyone forgets what Orochi/Kanjuro did. They did horrible stuff and history should remember them accordingly. Hiyori became a Oiran because of them, so her hatred for them is also justified.

But if Hiyori's hatred for Orochi and Kanjuro makes it okay to say "Kurozumis are born to burn", how can Orochi's and Kanjuro's hatred for Wano's people be unjustified?

Basically,
  1. Oda introduced concept of circle of hatred with Orochi/Kanjuro, story ends with the circle continuing.
  2. Oda showed starving people forced to eat SMILES, story ends without any restoration of Wano's vegetation (which would make sense if GB wasn’t there to do nothing).
  3. Oda showed rich looking down on the poor, but now everybody loves everybody!!?
  4. I don't feel that people of Wano as much as they hate Orochi, Kaido kind of got a pass.
Somehow Fishmen Island and Alabasta resolved the social conflicts much better. Even Dressrosa did it better.

I can forget about Zoro stuff, his story can continue in the future and so I don't need to cry too much about it. But the story of the country Wano is also not properly done and It's not gonna be done properly in the future either, specially since Oda wants to finish OP in 3 years.
The people of Wano are destined to live in tragedy. May be an in story parallel/reflection of Japanese Society current day?
:wonderland:
I did see a lot of perspectives of work life and personal life being difficult.

Again, the pun is tasteless, but I think people here do not realize Kurozumi literally means Black Charcoal lol.

The reason it's being said is becuase it's a pun, not to mention both Kanjuro resorted to burning himself at the command of Orochi, who also died as a result (well...and being decapitated).

I don't think the intent was meant to spread hate about a family, it was meant to just be a named pun like Oden (which yes, didn't really work because Oden is a first name, not a family name)..
I mean then oda could’ve just used a pun related to other names. People get that Kurozumi means charcoal, but the fact is that wano is literally saying all Kurozumi are born to be burned to death.

Like it’s just downright bad

Reminder that this chapter is an uncontested victory for MarineChads :

-People were blaming Amaraki for using a nazi speech whan he was just dropping some Redpills about the wano political situation.
-Yamato blamed him for saying "such awful thing" when her beloved Oden sama country is a fascist and Segregasionist state.
-Luffycucks can't blame anymore Marines for accepting slavery because now he's literally protecting a racist country who burn children if they're born in the wrong family.

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Based

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Everyone here knows Kurozumi means charcoal, Redon even included that note in his summary.

The pun didn’t work. But it also reminded me how Wano's social conflicts were never resolved. No other countries Oda visited had this kind of social conflicts, generally people are good. Here, we saw both side of the coin.

Oda ended up just saying one side wins. That’s not resolution. Horribly presented by Oda. A clan being wiped out by people of Wano is Wano's happy ending? May be Myanmar should wipe out all Rohingyas too!!

The pun itself is not the biggest problem here. Ods didn’t finish Wano's story properly. That is the problem.

It just occurred to me...who will fight Aramaki now? Jinbe? It would make some sense since he is anti racism:choppawhat:
If he fights straw hats: Sanji

Ryokugyu has a similar ideology as Judge in that there must be classes and birthright defines individuals

Ryokugyu doesn’t believe in eating and sees it as a waste of time

Ryokugyu sucks nutrients out of people, pretty opposite of a chef who feeds anyone who’s hungry

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
If he fights straw hats: Sanji

Ryokugyu has a similar ideology as Judge in that there must be classes and birthright defines individuals

Ryokugyu doesn’t believe in eating and sees it as a waste of time

Ryokugyu sucks nutrients out of people, pretty opposite of a chef who feeds anyone who’s hungry
Also making people beautiful after beating them

There's just too much parallel ngl

Status
Not open for further replies.