Star Wars : Rise of Skywalkers

S

stealthblack

I think the biggest mistake was having both Rian johnson and abram on the trilogy, it's like each did their own thing or tried to f up the other one. And also making this like half remake of the original trilogy rather then doing their own thing.

I think the biggest mistake was having both Rian johnson and abram on the trilogy, it's like each did their own thing or tried to f up the other one. And also making this like half remake of the original trilogy rather then doing their own thing.
They are hacks. It would make no difference if any of them directed all 3 movies.

Abrams wanted to make the 1st movie & expect other people to to finish the trilogy cause he can't come up with a great ending to save his life. He also does not understand power Lvls, at all, he has a woman's brain.

Johnson is simply a low iq individual. He invented bombers in space, what a dumbass.

S

stealthblack

I doubt she is going dark, they likely just copy the 3rd original movie when even luke had some falling for dark side moment, from what I rememeber. they really copy everything they can lol

inb4 kylo ren dies throwing sidious again in some garbage hole to save rey and turns good.

darth sidious: not again!

Well, the Y Wings are actually bombers too (although they also double as star fighters).
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/BTL_Y-wing_starfighter

Regardless, those hilariously slow, sitting duck bombers from TLJ are ridiculous.
Yep this bombers scene was just ridiculous, if there were bombers like these in the extended universe it would have been centuries if not millenias before the films' era.

Not interested. There's been a lot of BTS material and admissions being released that show Disney were all about trying to erase the pre-sale Star Wars and replacing it with Disney SW in the minds of the fans. I get it. It's a business. But 40 years of fandom was given the middle-finger and now they're scrambling because those dedicated fans aren't buying the merch and toys anymore.

Not interested. There's been a lot of BTS material and admissions being released that show Disney were all about trying to erase the pre-sale Star Wars and replacing it with Disney SW in the minds of the fans. I get it. It's a business. But 40 years of fandom was given the middle-finger and now they're scrambling because those dedicated fans aren't buying the merch and toys anymore.
This was a big mistake, they aren't going to replace the old movies and extended universe from the minds after 40 years of the SW movies being legendary, many memorable video games such as Knight of the Old Republic, great novels such as the Darth Bane trilogy, Darth Plagueis, the New Jedi Order or Thrawn's novels and also some great comic books such as Thrawn's trilogy or Star Wars Legacy.

This was a big mistake, they aren't going to replace the old movies and extended universe from the minds after 40 years of the SW movies being legendary, many memorable video games such as Knight of the Old Republic, great novels such as the Darth Bane trilogy, Darth Plagueis, the New Jedi Order or Thrawn's novels and also some great comic books such as Thrawn's trilogy or Star Wars Legacy.
Meh. People are dumb. Especially business executives who think all they need do is buy a brand or franchise, and it'll roll in money because deep down they think fans are sheeple who'll pay whatever the cost. On top of that trying to expand their audience in the worst possible way, by undoing and tarnishing all that had gone before - the stuff that made SW appealing in the first place

Problem is, alienating the older fans, and the true fans who kept collecting and keeping the fandom alive. At the same time, not enough new fans to sustain interest and the money train.

Plus competing audiences. How does Disney appeal to SJW and progressives? Having POCs in major roles. But, not realising the world isn't Hollywood, they shipped Finn and Rose = and tried to market that to China...LMAO

Let's be realistic here. Vast majority of Chinese did not like Rose ( for reasons - one she isn't even Chinese) and, having her go out with a Black Guy...to appeal to China where the majority are colourist or racist... Do the math.

I have read that the Mandalorian series with Pedro Pascal (best-known yet for his exceptionnal performance as Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones) is really nice and the first good thing coming from Disney Star Wars in a long time.

In fact
I like the prequels more than the new ones
It's not difficult to prefer the prelogy over the new trilogy. It had some flaws but I am still fond of these films and they had a lot of original and cool lore, characters, ships, vehicules, weapons, droids, planets, etc...
Episode III is overall my favorite Star Wars movie.
Post automatically merged:

I have just heard that the movie was not as bad as The Force Awakens and the Last Jedi but is still not very impressive either.
Post automatically merged:

I am surprised that no one has bothered to post here since my last response despite the movie being released.

Last edited: