• Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
I recently watched the movie Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The previous film, The Last Jedi, left a deeply positive impression on me. "Skywalker: Rise", unfortunately, turned out not so cool, but rather the opposite ... The film cannot boast of audience versatility, that is, it is focused purely on fans who remember in detail what happened in the previous parts. Before, Star Wars was better - that's a fact. It seems that Disney is saving on everything - on actors, special effects, screenwriters and so on. If earlier SW set a trend in science fiction, now they are trailing behind. I state with regret that the new Star Wars is the minimum of a fantastic adventure and the maximum of a cheap melodrama.
Glad you liked TLJ, I myself am also a huge fan of that film... unfortunately everyone else on here doesn't share the same opinion we do 😅
I do agree with you on Rise of Skywalker, to me that film was a rushed mess that rather than trying to follow through with the decisions made in the last film, decided it was best to cater to the naysayers and that's how we got the fan-service mess. But it is what it is, Bad batch premiers on may 4th! so look forward to that.

The last 3 movies were obviously done just for the money. They are pretty much the DB Super of Star Wars. Yet what was fun was the change of the directors. The 7th movie was a copy of the old ones, still unacceptable but okay, let's see if there is something original but there was just Jesus Rey. With the 8th the funny stuff begun, the new director completely changed the route and the plot points set by the old one. Snook was ditched, Rey who was expected to be the daughter of some big player was made the daughter of 2 random merchants, Yoda and Luke destroying the books of the force and so on. The boy in the end using the force like nothing. Actually I find it refreshing under a certain light. For sure it brought a new vision that who knows where it could have lead. Nowhere since Abrams (striked) came back again for the last movie.

That was spectaculary bad, even beyond laughs, some choices that were made were just.. Out of the realm of reality. The movie started with a foundamental retcon done in the half a minute time of the big wall text we have at the beginning of every star wars movie. Since Snook was killed Abrams brought back Palpatine (how? When?) and of course Snook was a puppet of Palpatine. Ray went (again) from being the daughter of 2 random merchants to being the nephew of Palpatine. The chinese actress whose role was build up in the previous movies was totally forgotten to put in in her place the new love interest of the black guy. Also the stuff with the knife and the map linked to the ruined death star. Kylo Ren popping out randomly here and there. The knights of Kylo Ren revealed at last just to be some kind of plot device, obviously popping out of nowhere. And the grand finale shitting on the whole "Anakin choosen one by the force to bring balance" thing which was at the base of the previous 6 movies.. At least it was funny. It somewhat was like that time I went to see the Hobbit expecting it to be at least remotely close to the Lord of the Rings original movies.

Anyway Rogue One and the Mandalorian are very good and the new hope of this franchise.

Last edited:

Jaguark101

‎‎
The last 3 movies were obviously done just for the money. They are pretty much the DB Super of Star Wars. Yet what was fun was the change of the directors. The 7th movie was a copy of the old ones, still unacceptable but okay, let's see if there is something original but there was just Jesus Rey. With the 8th the funny stuff begun, the new director completely changed the route and the plot points set by the old one. Snook was ditched, Rey who was expected to be the daughter of some big player was made the daughter of 2 random merchants, Yoda and Luke destroying the books of the force and so on. The boy in the end using the force like nothing. Actually I find it refreshing under a certain light. For sure it brought a new vision that who knows where it could have lead. Nowhere since Abrams (striked) came back again for the last movie.
The books were fine, they were seen at the end of the film in the falcon. Yoda knew that rey took them so he burned the library down hence his quote of "That library contains nothing that the girl Rey does not already posess"

The Kid using the force is the coda of the film and is meant to be thematic in the sense that Luke has inspired hope and that greatness can come from nothing and that there will always be force users and future Jedi hence the quote "I Will not be the Last Jedi". That scene was meant to be symbolic and thematic, you were not meant to take it literally.

The books were fine, they were seen at the end of the film in the falcon. Yoda knew that rey took them so he burned the library down hence his quote of "That library contains nothing that the girl Rey does not already posess"

The Kid using the force is the coda of the film and is meant to be thematic in the sense that Luke has inspired hope and that greatness can come from nothing and that there will always be force users and future Jedi hence the quote "I Will not be the Last Jedi". That scene was meant to be symbolic and thematic, you were not meant to take it literally.
But that for me was still fine. I mean the director of that movie had a different vision of Star wars and he tried to put it in the movie. It was new and refreshing in a certain way, I would have wanted to see where that could have brought (instead of redoing the old movies putting a bigger deathstar again and again). The real problem was that the previous director had a completely different idea so the incredible jumps between the 7th and 8th movie and then again back to what Abrams wanted to do originally with the 9th one. Basically Abrams made the 9th movie like the 8th never existed provoking hilarious results while trying to adapt the plot.

Expectations matters.......the first didn't had huge expextation and it was Ok a rehash of a new hope but still fun to watch......I had massive expectation from last jedi used to watch theories about it speculation and all and it sucked hard.......everything which was set up in force awakens was thrashed........rey being no one having no connection to the story/snoke is pointless/old luke has nothing in common with the luke we all love/ the side plot with rose and finn/luke tried to murder kylo but was able to see light in vader/ admiral holdo lol..........what a massive dissapointment it was........

I had very low expectation for rise of skywalker and it was ok.......

Jaguark101

‎‎
But that for me was still fine. I mean the director of that movie had a diffetrnt vision of Star wars and he tried to put it in the movie. The real problem was that the previous director had a completely different idea so the incredible jumps between the 7th and 8th movie and then again back to what Abrams wanted to do originally with the 9th one. Basically Abrams made the 9th movie like the 8th never existed provoking hilarious results while trying to adapt the plot.
Thats a fair point.
Post automatically merged:

Expectations matters.......the first didn't had huge expextation and it was Ok a rehash of a new hope but still fun to watch......I had massive expectation from last jedi used to watch theories about it speculation and all and it sucked hard.......everything which was set up in force awakens was thrashed........rey being no one having no connection to the story/snoke is pointless/old luke has nothing in common with the luke we all love/ the side plot with rose and finn/luke tried to murder kylo but was able to see light in vader/ admiral holdo lol..........what a massive dissapointment it was........

I had very low expectation for rise of skywalker and it was ok.......
"Luke tried to murder Kylo but was able to see light in Vader" conveniently forgetting the scene where Luke gave into his "Instinct" and almost killed Vader just for suggesting he would turn Leia to the dark, Luke then immediately regretted it. The same Luke who had a "Brief moment of instinct" with ben and then immediately regretted it. Sounds like a consistent character trait to me.

Last edited:
Thats a fair point.

"Luke tried to murder Kylo but was able to see light in Vader" conveniently forgetting the scene where Luke gave into his "Instinct" and almost killed Vader just for suggesting he would turn Leia to the dark, Luke then immediately regretted it. The same Luke who had a "Brief moment of instinct" with ben and then immediately regretted it. Sounds like a consistent character trait to me.
And that's also conveniently forgetting that Luke had aged and grown in maturity, and also that he had seen his father redeem himself after, and that he had learned his lesson about giving it to his instinct, in Legends this is what validated Luke in his views that anyone even dark side users should be given a second chance.
Luke in Legends would have never tried to kill one of his padawans just for having a trace of dark side inside him/her.

Thats a fair point.

Nah that was after vader shit talked about leia.......that was not the case with kylo and even then there are lots of bad things about TLJ..........like rey's absurd increase in power with very little training..........

Jaguark101

‎‎
Nah that was after vader shit talked about leia.......that was not the case with kylo and even then there are lots of bad things about TLJ..........like rey's absurd increase in power with very little training..........
"Nah that was after vader shit talked about leia......"
Yes I said that in my post... Luke is impulsive when it comes to people being a threat to his friends and family hence he lost it and almost killed vader the same way when he looked into Ben's mind and saw that he would I quote "Bring destruction, pain, death, and the end of everything I love" so he reacted on impulse because thats who he is when it comes to people he cares about. The only difference here is that when it happened with Vader he was young and he went ballistic on him for a solid minute before regretting his actions whereas here he reacted and then learned from his past mistake and immediately stopped himself "And for the briefest moment of pure instinct, I thought I could stop it. It passed like a fleeting shadow. And I was left with shame and with consequence".

In regards to Rey, what increase in power? Snoke absolutely demolished her and she was completely at his mercy. As for the Pretorian Guard fight, she only managed to kill 3 out of 8 guards by herself with Kylo assisting in one of those. Help me understand where this increase in power thing is coming from.

"Nah that was after vader shit talked about leia......"
Yes I said that in my post... Luke is impulsive when it comes to people being a threat to his friends and family hence he lost it and almost killed vader the same way when he looked into Ben's mind and saw that he would I quote "Bring destruction, pain, death, and the end of everything I love" so he reacted on impulse because thats who he is when it comes to people he cares about. The only difference here is that when it happened with Vader he was young and he went ballistic on him for a solid minute before regretting his actions whereas here he reacted and then learned from his past mistake and immediately stopped himself "And for the briefest moment of pure instinct, I thought I could stop it. It passed like a fleeting shadow. And I was left with shame and with consequence".

In regards to Rey, what increase in power? Snoke absolutely demolished her and she was completely at his mercy. As for the Pretorian Guard fight, she only managed to kill 3 out of 8 guards by herself with Kylo assisting in one of those. Help me understand where this increase in power thing is coming from.
Nah.........luke wsa willing to change vader and he was novice then.......now as a mastered jedi he can't?..........

No........without any training she was putting a fight against kylo..........she could use force to good extent liffting huge rocks and so on..............she is a mary sue.....luke was not able to do so in empire strikes back.........

Jaguark101

‎‎
Nah.........luke wsa willing to change vader and he was novice then.......now as a mastered jedi he can't?..........

No........without any training she was putting a fight against kylo..........she could use force to good extent liffting huge rocks and so on..............she is a mary sue.....luke was not able to do so in empire strikes back.........
Kylo Killed his dad and was shot by chewie's bowcaster. He was extremely fatigued and not in good health plus Snoke had ordered him not to kill her so he was holding back by quite a bit, rewatch the fight... she spends most of it just trying to run away from him.

Luke couldn't lift the rocks in empire cause he didn't "believe" Yoda even points it out. Rey believed in herself so she could lift those rocks at the end.

Kylo Killed his dad and was shot by chewie's bowcaster. He was extremely fatigued and not in good health plus Snoke had ordered him not to kill her so he was holding back by quite a bit, rewatch the fight... she spends most of it just trying to run away from him.

Luke couldn't lift the rocks in empire cause he didn't "believe" Yoda even points it out. Rey believed in herself so she could lift those rocks at the end.
Still she had absolutely no training.......thats a fact......

That is bs believing and all even at the end he wasn't able to use any telekinesis ability during his first fight with vader....

Jaguark101

‎‎
Still she had absolutely no training.......thats a fact......

That is bs believing and all even at the end he wasn't able to use any telekinesis ability during his first fight with vader....
Its about raw talent, mindset, training, belief and faith. Yoda spells it out in ESB, Luke didn't believe so Yoda failed him and left his training early which resulted in Vader beating him down. Rey was already someone who believed in her self cause she had to due to growing up in a harsh environment. When she finally confronts the truth about herself and her parents in the throne room then she is at peace with herself and has found her place.
That's how I personally see it.

Its about raw talent, mindset, training, belief and faith. Yoda spells it out in ESB, Luke didn't believe so Yoda failed him and left his training early which resulted in Vader beating him down. Rey was already someone who believed in her self cause she had to due to growing up in a harsh environment. When she finally confronts the truth about herself and her parents in the throne room then she is at peace with herself and has found her place.
That's how I personally see it.
Yeah. But still its BS.......luke trained with yoda and had better exposure.........its not you believe and you are a master........there is years and years of training........

Jaguark101

‎‎
Yeah. But still its BS.......luke trained with yoda and had better exposure.........its not you believe and you are a master........there is years and years of training........
Rey also trained with Luke for a couple of days as well. She lifted some rocks to save people, its not like she pulled a star destroyer from orbit or something.

And Rey literally had zero training and lacked any actual fighting experience.

It does not matter how supposedly nerfed Kylo was, a bloke who had force training throughout his entire life by masters on both sides of the force losing to a an overgrown Padawan with no training who he practically neg diffed earlier that day is beyond all reasonable belief.

Also, why didn't he just do the thing where he knocked her out instantly like he did in their first confrontation? Don't know.

Why does Chewbacca's bowcaster send two fully armoured stormtroopers flying for several feet with an indirect hit in one scene but barely do anything in comparison to Kylo?
Don't know.

Why did anyone think it was a good idea for the protagonist to defeat the trilogy's main antagonist in the literal first film? Don't know.

The Disney SW films are a shoddily written mess. Lel.

Rey also trained with Luke for a couple of days as well. She lifted some rocks to save people, its not like she pulled a star destroyer from orbit or something.
Nah that is still very impressive telekinesis..........luke's training was much better and in depth imo......and luke stopped training her if I am not mistaken.......its BS.........it doesn't matter if you think otherwise......

Jaguark101

‎‎
Nah that is still very impressive telekinesis..........luke's training was much better and in depth imo......and luke stopped training her if I am not mistaken.......its BS.........it doesn't matter if you think otherwise......
Agree to disagree. To me the belief and spiritual part is more important than the physical training imo.