Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just watched the Mandalorian finale. For me, it definitely delivered. My inner fanboy hoped the Jedi who showed up was Quinlan Vos, but I knew the chances were slim. Still, I very liked it. What about you @Natalija ?
Post automatically merged:

Their absolute moral code is bullshit and doesn't work for human beings. They wanted to be too pure to be really good. Absolutism always lead to shit.
That’s why I don’t really like Jedi who abide too strictly by the Jedi code, like Obi Wan. They kinda deserved the purge

A bunch of morons led by moron in chief Mace Windu.
Mace Windu indeed represented in many ways the worst of the order and how the Jedi Order has failed with his arrogant, self-righteous, emotionnaly distant attitude and his loyalty to the republic rather than to the force and to the people of the galaxy.

His attitude towards Anakin, Boba fett and Ashoka after her trial were really dickish and it's in great part because of his and most of the other masters' treatment of Anakin that he eventually fell to the dark side.

What is really sad is that the rare jedi who believed in and were kind to Anakin were either people who eventually fell to the dark side such as Jorus C'Baoth, or who died such as Qui-Gon or Yaddle.

Obi-Wan may have tried his best to teach Anakin but he sometimes did mistakes due to his inexperience and the fact that he never put in question whenever the council and republic were right, unlike his master Qui-Gon and his friend Quinlan Vos certainely didn't help.

Just watched the Mandalorian finale. For me, it definitely delivered. My inner fanboy hoped the Jedi who showed up was Quinlan Vos, but I knew the chances were slim. Still, I very liked it. What about you @Natalija ?
I LOVED IT. :blush:

Such a great series unexpectedly.

The end was very sad, but Mando made it! I’m betting he’ll help Mandalore in the next season.

Luke appearing was kind of predictable, even though I can’t say his face isn’t... Very off. But I’m glad we finally witnessed a true Jedi Luke kicking some ass and flexing his powers. It’s fan service, but it works.

Also the ladies are on fire.

I’m not sure if the Boba Fett spinoff was really necessary, but Disney won’t stop trying to get money in any shape or form.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I just finished the show too, didn't really expected that end

Didn't think at all that Luke would come back and kick the droids ass. Even after his entrance I said to myself : no, it is not Luke, it is someone who looks like him but not him.

Haha his CGI/fake face was funny but okay.

What will happen for Mandalor fate ? Does Mando will become king ? Don't think so but the dark light saber thing will be one of the main theme of the next season. Especially with the Death Watch who raised him and oppose Bo Katan view.

The inter mandalorian conflict (and Mando inner conflict) can be nice.

Now Mando has gear to the max : full beskar amor, pure berkar spear, Dark Saber etc

I just finished the show too, didn't really expected that end

Didn't think at all that Luke would come back and kick the droids ass. Even after his entrance I said to myself : no, it is not Luke, it is someone who looks like him but not him.

Haha his CGI/fake face was funny but okay.

What will happen for Mandalor fate ? Does Mando will become king ? Don't think so but the dark light saber thing will be one of the main theme of the next season. Especially with the Death Watch who raised him and oppose Bo Katan view.

The inter mandalorian conflict (and Mando inner conflict) can be nice.

Now Mando has gear to the max : full beskar amor, pure berkar spear, Dark Saber etc
There is no king in the Mandalorian society, the leader of all the Mandalorians is called Mandalore.

Mace Windu indeed represented in many ways the worst of the order and how the Jedi Order has failed with his arrogant, self-righteous, emotionnaly distant attitude and his loyalty to the republic rather than to the force and to the people of the galaxy.

His attitude towards Anakin, Boba fett and Ashoka after her trial were really dickish and it's in great part because of his and most of the other masters' treatment of Anakin that he eventually fell to the dark side.

What is really sad is that the rare jedi who believed in and were kind to Anakin were either people who eventually fell to the dark side such as Jorus C'Baoth, or who died such as Qui-Gon or Yaddle.

Obi-Wan may have tried his best to teach Anakin but he sometimes did mistakes due to his inexperience and the fact that he never put in question whenever the council and republic were right, unlike his master Qui-Gon and his friend Quinlan Vos certainely didn't help.
I have always liked the fact that Obi Wan accepting a seat in the council isolated Anakin even more was another contributing factor to his fall. Palpatine was pretty much the only father figure he thought he had.

The Mandalorian finale was beautiful and made me feel like a kid again :josad:

I believe Lucasfilm always had people like Dave FIloni who genuinely loved Star Wars but were not given the driver's seat.

This gives me hope for the future. I hope Rogue Squadron will be set in the Original trilogy timeline.

Indiana Jones being led by Logan's director seems to be a good decision . Hopefully, it will be a story about passing the mantle to an adult Short Round which practically writes itself when you watch Temple of doom (it seems to be the popular demand by fans on youtube ). If Disney wants more films, SR can eventually meet Mutt played by someone other than Shia like Anthony Ingruber and pass on the hat.

Honnestly I preferred it when clones didn't execute Order 66 because of a chip inside their brains but because despite their growing personnalities they were still soldiers bred, educated and programmed to follow orders despite what feelings they may have about these orders. In Legends clones were shown to be perfectly willing to sacrifice themselves even to reach a simple objective while in battle and to do things that most Jedis found horrifying such as assassinating foes leaders, killing and torturing prisonners or even kill fellow clones who were still children should Kamino fall to the CIS.

In Legends the only clones who refused to execute Order 66 were a minority of clone commandos and/or Arc troopers because they were the clones who had grown the most in terms of independance of decisions and personnalities.

C'Baoth was such a dick. He makes you root for the Sith just to see Jedis like him wiped out. :suresure: Thankfully he got what he deserved with Outbound Flight. :moonwalk:

BTW, Favreau confirmed that Boba Fett is a show separate from Mando S3.

For those who don't know Jango Fett's backstory and who Jaester Mereel here's some history :

For many millenias the Mandalorians had been one of the most important factions and the best mercenaries and hunters of the galaxy, though they were divided in several clans that all answered to the leader of the mandalorians named Mandalore.

Several decades before the Clone Wars a mandalorian native to the planet Concord Dawn became the new Mandalore, his name was Jaster Mereel and he was once a brutal and ruthless man who had underwent a honorable change and had decided to reinforce the Mandalorians' code of honor by bringing new rules such as forbidding the murder and execution of harmless women and children or war of conquests. However Jaster has a rival who was not happy with his ascension and with the new rules he brought to the Mandalorians.

His name was Tor Vizzla and he incarnated in many ways the worst aspects of the Mandalorians : barbaric, ambitious, hungry for conquests, cruel, perfidious, etc..
Instead of obeying his old rival Vizzla rebelled against Mereel alongside those who opposed Mereel's reforms and created his own group that he called the Death Watch.

A bloody and long civil war ensued with the True Mandalorians fighting the Death Watch for years. During this war Vizzla led an attack against Mereel's homeworld Concord Dawn, killing the parents of a young boy that Jaster Mereel would find and adopt as his own son. This boy was none other than Jango Fett who became a member of the True Mandalorians and one of Mereel's lieutnants.

However once day Mereel was victim of a trap set by Vizzla with the complicity of one of Mereel's own right hand men called Montross, and mortally wounded, dying in his adopted son's arms. Jango would then expose Montross' betrayal and become the new Mandalore, leading the True Mandalorians for several years.

One day Jango and his men were hired by the governor of a planet called Gallidran in order to put down an insurrection. Unknown to them the governor was in league with Tor Vizzla who had set again a trap for the True Mandalorians, having framed them for the massacre of pacifical activists and of many innocent civilians who had been in fact murdered by the Death Watch. The governor then asked the Jedi Order and the Republic for help, to which the council answered by sending a strong Jedi force led by none other than Dooku who was one of the most powerful and respected masters of the order at the time.

Seeing that they had been set up Jango tried to flee with his forces but they were confronted by Dooku and the other Jedis and a battle ensued in which Jango's men were killed while taking many Jedis with them. Jango was taken prisonner by the Jedis and delivered to the corrupt governor who sold him to slavery. Dooku would later discover the truth about the governor and the crimes for which the Mandalorians were framed and became disgusted by how easely the order came to believe the governor and didn't investigate before confronting the true mandalorians. This would become one of the factors in his dissilusionement with the Jedi council and the republic and his eventual fall to the dark side.

As for Jango he spent several years as a slave until he managed to break free, retrieve his armor and find back Vizzla that he ambushed in Corellia's space. The chase between the two would come to Corellia itself where a brutal fight happened where Jango gained the upper hand on Vizzla until the Death Watch leader injected him with a poison to weaken him. Ironically this action would save Jango as two ferocious dire-cats attacked Vizzla and devoured him but sparred Jango as they were repulsed by the poison inside his body.

This is after all these events that Jango would become a bounty hunter and would eventually meet back Dooku who would recruit him to become the source of the clone army on Kamino.