Chapter Discussion Stephen Paul on "slay/kill"

Well this says a lot about Zoro. He has changed his personality too thanks to the Timeskip and perhaps this Enma training as well.

He would not cut heads down before... this must mean that his personality evolved and perhaps Mihawk had that much of a strong influence on him.

I'm looking forward this legendary incoming clash, that being said.

think the verdict is he wont die.
I think Kaido is one of those characters who is too dangerous to be let alive, tbh. Defeating (but not killing) and then imprisoning him had been done many times before and that didn't stop him from rampaging at present day. Defeat him and lock him up now and decades from now he'll be dishing out havoc elsewhere again.

At least Big Mom has O-Lin to fall back on in case she does not die. Kaido has nothing of the sort. It's ZKK or bust.

I’ll check
I don’t think Zoro has an qualms about killings
Post automatically merged:

Lol he ignored my other question
How many times do I have to answer the same stupid question over and over? You obviously have basic reading comprehension issues. The last time "killing" was mentioned in the SH context was Zoro killing Mr. 7.

I explained to you that after his grandmother's death he stopped making the SHs talk like that, and now you're quoting Mr. 1. That's literally the same fucking arc as Mr. 7. How dense can you be?

This dude is literally honouring his dead grandmother and only had VILLAINS talk that away, but ok, Zoro will decapitate a villain on panel. Why not?

I think Kaido is one of those characters who is too dangerous to be let alive, tbh. Defeating (but not killing) and then imprisoning him had been done many times before and that didn't stop him from rampaging at present day. Defeat him and lock him up now and decades from now he'll be dishing out havoc elsewhere again.

At least Big Mom has O-Lin to fall back on in case she does not die. Kaido has nothing of the sort. It's ZKK or bust.
I do too
I think he dies
but atm am willing to see . BB could also kill him I suppose
cant see anyone else tbh.

dont think kidd or law can kill kaido either
luffy is a no brainer.

I love that people all of a sudden forgot that Blackbeard needs a Zooan DF.
he doesnt "need" one

first issue with this kaido df -- bb theory
we arent sure if kaido being a dragon is a df
his durability which people thinks bb would benefit from is also something we can kind of see in yamato.
likely not DF related
stop pushing it as fact
cause its headcanon as much as zkk is.

dont think kidd or law can kill kaido either
luffy is a no brainer.

he doesnt "need" one
Everything he does is in 3s. His crew is literally 3 skulls. He got the rarest Logia, the strongest Paramecia, and now needs the strongest Zooan.

He's even based on a Hippo, which has 3 chambered stomachs. That's very likely how he's able to eat multiple Devil Fruits.

Everything he does is in 3s. His crew is literally 3 skulls. He got the rarest Logia, the strongest Paramecia, and now needs the strongest Zooan.

He's even based on a Hippo, which has 3 chambered stomachs. That's very likely how he's able to eat multiple Devil Fruits.

still theory/speculation as much as zkk is

that zoan doesnt have to be kaido's

"first issue with this kaido df -- bb theory
we arent sure if kaido being a dragon is a df
his durability which people thinks bb would benefit from is also something we can kind of see in yamato.
likely not DF related
stop pushing it as fact
cause its headcanon as much as zkk is."

and dont you go saying its an oni df
kaido durability is heavily tied to his scales( being a dragon)

I do too
I think he dies
but atm am willing to see . BB could also kill him I suppose
cant see anyone else tbh.
I love that people all of a sudden forgot that Blackbeard needs a Zooan DF.
If BB gets to Wano, he will be elated to know that Kaido has given him a free rein to gain Orochi's DF, then.

Might even give us something to compare in the future, too. After all, the three DFs which had changed owners in the series so far were all from capable parties to other capable parties.

Maybe Orochi's DF will be used as an example how a DF would appear both in the hands of someone who does not do it justice (Orochi) and someone who does (BB).

If BB gets to Wano, he will be elated to know that Kaido has given him a free rein to gain Orochi's DF, then.

Might even give us a good something to compare in the future, too. After all, the three DFs which had changed owners in the series so far were all from capable parties to other capable parties.

Maybe Orochi's DF will be used as an example how it a DF would appear both in the hands of someone who does not do it justice (Orochi) and someone who does (BB).
possible
last we saw him he was after something else.

possible
last we saw him he was after something else.
Will not surprise me in the slightest if Fukurojuku is later revealed to be working for or is related to BB's network, tbh. For all we know, his noticing something mid-raid might refer to wanting to secure Orochi's corpse for later purposes.

After all, BB is a Yonko who spent 20 years learning from another Yonko. His intel must be as good as Big Mom's or Kaido's, tbh.

And, although I am hoping BB's Zoan DF is a Cerberus, Yamata no Orochi is far too legendary a beast to be thrown away after being wasted by a loser like Orochi.

I will settle on zoro badly wounding kaido /playing a vital role taking him down
probably plays a huge role alongside luffy with luffy having more
think everyone can see that now
if he kills him , I wont have a problem with it
but folks need to understand why people do
no one cares about the killing aspect
killing the strongest pirate in the verse is just a feat that no one but the main char is expected to have lol.
same goes for kid and law here and those two dont even have the narrative backing to be in this convo that zoro has.

clearly shows intent to kill here and orochi knows that.

I thought VIz was god tier translation
Especially when it comes to using sbs and Manga to wank Zoro/Mihawk
the viz was correct....

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

I will settle on zoro badly wounding kaido /playing a vital role taking him down
probably plays a huge role alongside luffy with luffy having more
think everyone can see that now
if he kills him , I wont have a problem with it
but folks need to understand why people do
no one cares about the killing aspect
killing the strongest pirate in the verse is just a feat that no one but the main char is expected to have lol.
same goes for kid and law here and those two dont even have the narrative backing to be in this convo that zoro has.

clearly shows intent to kill here and orochi knows that.

the viz was correct....
Oda would rather have nami weaken luffy's opponent than have zkro or sanji play a huge role in his main fight or even warmup fight