Anime Discussion [Summer 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion [Season of the Robot Waifu]

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I should have waited until it ended to binge it. The wait is killing me. If you got anymore good action like that send them. I'm a simple man Rej
Yoo I am watching weekly and it was quite a long and intense run.

I am not focussing on action anime, but I know in the recent months we got some good mix with variety.

You should gloss over these titles:
-The Eminence in Shadow: Action Isekai Fantasy deconstruction series with 2 seasons currently. A movie has been announced.
-Solo Leveling: Action series with fantasy elements and 1 season currently. Another season has been announced.
-Mashle: Magic & Muscles: Battle Shounen with parody and deconstruction elements. With 2 seasons. More to come.

And another series I can suggest which is quite straight forward too, but sadly falls under the category of Kaiju no. 8 where it still has one episode to go. That series would be Go! Go! Loser Ranger! which is an action series about Sentai (Power Rangers stereotypes), but plottwist: we follow the story of the villain/monster against the ranger. So it is a deconstruction series.
heavenly delusion
vivy
my home hero
frieren
as for AL's suggestions, they are also very good, but maybe less simple then what I shared.

Heavenly Delusion: Dark dramatic survival story with childsuffering on a similair scale as Made in Abyss. Def in a league of it's own tho with the aesthetics.
Vivy: haven't watched it but it became notorious for combining good drama with a millitary story and a music story. It's an anime original.
86: Millitary show where robotic drones turn against humanity. Has a romantic subplot so I see why AL recommended it. Def my favourite pick here with alot of thrill.
My Home Hero: Low budget thriller with a nostalgic look to it. AL somehow loves it to death.
Frieren: The currently best rated and most praised anime of the new age. Fantasy deconstruction series about an Elf and the passage of time. Has alot of adventure and drama elements, but overall it has amazing animation and that makes it gorgeous (peak fiction) during combat or action moments.
Post automatically merged:

I have more, also some with bigger seasons (24 episodes + more announced to come) but I don't want to flood you for now unless you ask for more lol. Anyway, have fun with this choice and I hope you pick something to your liking and joy.

Solo Leveling: Action series with fantasy elements and 1 season currently. Another season has been announced.
Oh right, I read the webtoon for that one and really enjoyed it. I completely forgot about it getting an anime I need to check that out. Imma finish "my home hero" first, that's the one I picked from Al's list and imma check the rest of those out. I stopped watching anime for like 3 years so other than mainstream stuff so i'm out of the loop and behind on everything.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
I will give this ending a 4/10 no comments needed I feel.

Overall this DAL season gets a 6/10 from me.

for once we have to be critical and realistic in that sense
I don't think they'll adapt this part so here goes LN Vol 19 ending

Westcott's part was the same in the LN.

For Mio's part, after they clash, Mio's Spirtual Power/survival instincts goes berserk and Tohka, being the only true spirit like Mio, absorbs Mio's crystal unlocking her ultimate form, Dea's Tohka

In this final fight of Vol. 19, Tohka succeeds in defeating Mio, at the cost of her disappearing, leading later to the events of Vol. 20 to 22

Granted in the anime they showed Mio's crystal in the end, but I feel it was more a closure than an hint to adapt the rest of the LN

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I don't think they'll adapt this part so here goes LN Vol 19 ending

Westcott's part was the same in the LN.

For Mio's part, after they clash, Mio's Spirtual Power/survival instincts goes berserk and Tohka, being the only true spirit like Mio, absorbs Mio's crystal unlocking her ultimate form, Dea's Tohka

In this final fight of Vol. 19, Tohka succeeds in defeating Mio, at the cost of her disappearing, leading later to the events of Vol. 20 to 22

Granted in the anime they showed Mio's crystal in the end, but I feel it was more a closure than an hint to adapt the rest of the LN
:whitepress:
Tohka's poor treatment in the anime. Ngl man, ngl.

Mashiro Blue

Another thing that I noticed is that at the end, where Kurumi appears with the cats, and next to her is her deceased friend, Sawa, and she appears like she's alive lol

The series deserved better :catsweat:

Mashiro Blue

This last Spice & Wolf ep was the OVA between S1 and S2 in the old adaptation.

Now we'll be entering S2 content. Nice nice.