Anime Discussion [Summer 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion [Season of the Robot Waifu]

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
Romance Lovers!
I have been summoned :endthis:
Post automatically merged:

Monogatari is such a masterpiece.

Instrumental Renai Circulation in the background music and Pokemon reference. Let's go!

Last edited:
Moving on from the for obvious reasons heated politics thread... So far none of the new Anime i've tried so far this season make me really invested (Alya, Pseudo Harem, Dahlia, Elusive Samurai, My Wife has no Emotion, Wistoria and Days with my Stepsister), guess this season just ain't for me.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
β€Ž
Moving on from the for obvious reasons heated politics thread... So far none of the new Anime i've tried so far this season make me really invested (Alya, Pseudo Harem, Dahlia, Elusive Samurai, My Wife has no Emotion, Wistoria and Days with my Stepsister), guess this season just ain't for me.
Interesting, why are you not liking Elusive Samurai?

Give Makeine and ATRI a chance if you havent yet.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
VN adaptations are either a total hit or a total miss. Betting on the former for Atri

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
Well well well

Is this the rebirth of the romance genre dethroning the trashy seasonal isekai and getting back its rightful place?

90% of what I'm watching has the romance tag in it lol

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
Man because of submitting Louise in the best female character contest I got reminded of this song here

Btw someone pls filler me up in that thread

Interesting, why are you not liking Elusive Samurai?

Give Makeine and ATRI a chance if you havent yet.

I actually watched both episodes now and it has a lot of potential, otherwise i still don't got much to continue to watch and will likely watch some older Anime instead the next weeks.

https://www.cbr.com/japan-top-rank-anime-2024-reveal/

Apparently Sound Euphonium has the highest average rating among japanese viewers on a big reviewing site. Hazbin Hotel at #2 also clearly shows that in Japan theres no forced distinction between Animation series produced in Japan and ones produced in the west like western Anime fans do. Popular Anime in the West such as Classroom of the Elite, Kaiju#8 and Solo Leveling are nowhere to be seen.

The title of the article is misleading tho (not exactly new for CBR), this is not about overall popularity/views, Sound Euphonium is not the most viewed Anime in Japan either this year.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
β€Ž
https://www.cbr.com/japan-top-rank-anime-2024-reveal/

Apparently Sound Euphonium has the highest average rating among japanese viewers on a big reviewing site. Hazbin Hotel at #2 also clearly shows that in Japan theres no forced distinction between Animation series produced in Japan and ones produced in the west like western Anime fans do. Popular Anime in the West such as Classroom of the Elite, Kaiju#8 and Solo Leveling are nowhere to be seen.

The title of the article is misleading tho (not exactly new for CBR), this is not about overall popularity/views, Sound Euphonium is not the most viewed Anime in Japan either this year.
Pogue

Japan overall is becomming more laid-back I feel lol. As said in the article, japanese kids really might turn away from big action blockbuster series and turn towards series with alot of suspense and character dynamics/bonds and growth.

Also I think Sound! Euphonium had the highest MAL rating of last seasonals? Not sure right now, but I think this is telling lol.

There are doors to alot of peak from japan, but there are still alot of peeps that shy away from opening those doors. I can say, because I was one of those.

AL sama

Red Haired
β€Ž
Pogue

Japan overall is becomming more laid-back I feel lol. As said in the article, japanese kids really might turn away from big action blockbuster series and turn towards series with alot of suspense and character dynamics/bonds and growth.

Also I think Sound! Euphonium had the highest MAL rating of last seasonals? Not sure right now, but I think this is telling lol.

There are doors to alot of peak from japan, but there are still alot of peeps that shy away from opening those doors. I can say, because I was one of those.
s3 didn't follow the main source

Rej

This forum is retarded.
β€Ž
s3 didn't follow the main source
Idk I did not read the LN. Where you found this information? Afaik you have no business with the Hibike franchise lol.

From what I just read (sadly no datavolume anymore so rn everything lags for me lol), it is quite faithful and they expand alot up on the source since it's a music anime. I know a spinoff is comming and more OVA's are to follow. So if they cut something then most likely for a sidestory.

I will ask FrosT about it, but else feel free to share what you know, I am curious.

AL sama

Red Haired
β€Ž
Idk I did not read the LN. Where you found this information? Afaik you have no business with the Hibike franchise lol.

From what I just read (sadly no datavolume anymore so rn everything lags for me lol), it is quite faithful and they expand alot up on the source since it's a music anime. I know a spinoff is comming and more OVA's are to follow. So if they cut something then most likely for a sidestory.

I will ask FrosT about it, but else feel free to share what you know, I am curious.
I mean you do know I need to keep up with anime news