Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
I think the higher grade swords are, to some extent, ‘alive’ in that they have personalities and can adapt to or reject certain users. Zoro has called Sandai Kitetsu a problem child and Enma sucked out Zoro’s haki of its own volition, but could be commanded to return it. Previously we were told that the Sandai Kitetsu had brought immense misfortune to all of its wielders except Zoro. So in that sense, Yoru, Shodai Kitetsu and likely Nidai as well have some degree of sentience. This ties in with Japanese Shinto beliefs where they attribute spiritual, living attributes to objects.

Seeing as inherited will is a huge theme in Op and in Ringo, swords are buried along with their wielders, it’s likely that a high grade sword can absorb some aspects of its wielder’s personality as well, especially those that became black blades after prolonged use. Zoro inheriting Wado from Kuina symbolised him taking up her part of the journey, him turning it into a black blade will symbolise that it has well and truly become his own imo.
Also, Mihawk himself said that Yoru is a sword who knows no restraint. Which imo, is kind of the sword's "personality" in the same sense as Sandai and Enma are.

Also, Mihawk himself said that Yoru is a sword who knows no restraint. Which imo, is kind of the sword's "personality" in the same sense as Sandai and Enma are.
Oh actually in that scene Mihawk was referring to himself. He said この力慎みはせん (this (my) power knows no restraint). But yeah, I do believe that Yoru has its own personality and that makes it particularly suited to Mihawk, just as Zoro and Enma will adapt to each other. I think it’s no coincidence that Oden seems to be a mix of Zoro and Luffy’s personalities, he seems to like drinking, had an action-oriented personality and sought freedom. Zoro also has a destructive style of swordsmanship which suits Enma. Therefore it won’t be implausible when Zoro does turn Enma into a black blade within one arc since the two of them were compatible to begin with and he had prior experience with Wado Ichimonji.

Oh actually in that scene Mihawk was referring to himself. He said この力慎みはせん (this (my) power knows no restraint). But yeah, I do believe that Yoru has its own personality and that makes it particularly suited to Mihawk, just as Zoro and Enma will adapt to each other. I think it’s no coincidence that Oden seems to be a mix of Zoro and Luffy’s personalities, he seems to like drinking, had an action-oriented personality and sought freedom. Zoro also has a destructive style of swordsmanship which suits Enma. Therefore it won’t be implausible when Zoro does turn Enma into a black blade within one arc since the two of them were compatible to begin with and he had prior experience with Wado Ichimonji.
Oh, I thought that he was referring to Yoru. Thanks for the clarification.