Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
W

wordyworm

Mihawk's bounty poster situation is as vague as the man himself.

On his Vivre Card, it's this:

which is just a cropped version of a scene from Marineford. Why would he have a photo from Marineford as his bounty photo?! Technically, he didn't even have a bounty then. They just go around updating photos every now and then or what?

Then in Stampede, you could see this:

which is even more confusing bc it's from Ch 50, which is even older, and again he wouldn't have had a currently active bounty

:zorothink:One of the many mysteries of Mihawk.

Last edited by a moderator:

yj

๐Ÿ‘‘YNWA ๐Ÿ‘‘
โ€Ž
Mihawk's bounty poster situation is as vague as the man himself.

On his Vivre Card, it's this:

which is just a cropped version of a scene from Marineford. Why would he have a photo from Marineford as his bounty photo?! Technically, he didn't even have a bounty then. They just go around updating photos every now and then or what?

Then in Stampede, you could see this:

which is even more confusing bc it's from Ch 50, which is even older, and again he wouldn't have had a currently active bounty

:zorothink:One of the many mysteries of Mihawk.
that bounty reveal will be glorious
:finally:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
W

wordyworm

Did y'all notice that Mihawk's epithet changed in English from Hawk-Eye to Hawk-Eyes? I've tried to find the reason but I haven't had any luck. Of course the anime recently gave us "Jracule," but it seems strange that the official English Viz version would change this late in the game.

His epithet in Japanese didn't change, so I'm interested to hear if this was only an English language change, a mistake, etc, or what other official language versions say as well.
(Yes, I have a bias. I like it better without the "s" and have noticed more OP fans have changed what they call him online)

:sus:Or is this just another one of Mihawk's mysteries??? They keep him vague on purpose, you know!

his intro through Ch 956 was "HAWK-EYE" or "HAWKEYE"

But in 956 it was changed

So yes, I understand this is a totally specific random question, but BY GAWD if I can't ask it here among you learned swordbois, then where the hell can I ask it?
:milaugh::hope:

His epithet in Japanese didn't change, so I'm interested to hear if this was only an English language change, a mistake, etc, or what other official language versions say as well.
(Yes, I have a bias. I like it better without the "s" and have noticed more OP fans have changed what they call him online)
Japanese, similar to Chinese, does not have clearly defined plurals. Either translation is fine unless specifically debunked by the author imo. I personally prefer โ€˜Hawk-Eyesโ€™ to avoid confusion with the MCU character but itโ€™s not a big deal to me lol.

Just as a side note, I wonder if Oden ever heard of Mihawk during his travels or through the papers. Mihawk seems to have obtained Yoru after Rogerโ€™s execution but Wano wouldโ€™ve been Kaido-occupied at the time. Is there another place one can get supreme grade weapons? Given Yoruโ€™s Western design maybe Marijoa?