Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
I think he's bland and the only reason most people like him (just like ray) is that he is Zoro's goal and has parallels with him. I don't think he's strong enough (character wise) to stand on his own. He needs people like Zoro and Shanks to be even remotely interesting.
I get the take that hes boring, but seeing as hes likely Zoros final oppoent we wont see Mihawk's full character until then

Like, King was bland too until his fight with Zoro where subtle character traits were contextualized. King likes to torture ppl because he himself was tortured by humans. His absolute faith in Kaido despite him being a shadow of his former self, reflecting Zoro/Luffy dynamic and how the 2 met.

Like, King was bland too until his fight with Zoro where subtle character traits were contextualized.
Oda managed to make me care about King within the two last chapters before his defeat.
Before he was a walking silhouette. This speaks volumes about Oda's writing these days. He is afraid to reveal things too early. Instead he leaves everything until the end, forcing people to keep reading because they want to see how it ends.
I guess this is the reason for 50% of all One Piece fans to still follow this series.

Last edited by a moderator: