Powers & Abilities The actual ultimate thread on swordsmanship - Part 1

i am seeing a lot of fraud threads on what swordsmanship is by agenda driven people nowadays
so here is a real thread on what swordsmanship actually is and how swordsmen make their own sword styles

for me
- swordsmanship is
A . any attack done from a blade
B . any attack that cuts things
C . any attack used along with a sword

its just these simple 3 things

lets get in with the 1st point :

any attack done from a blade
this includes devil fruits , haki , various elements ( like fire and lightning )

1. devil fruits
combining devil fruits with ur sword gives u the sword style u desire

brook being a swordsman was able to discover his df powers and he simply applied his df to his sword

thus he made the freezing blade

there are many more similar characters like law , fujitora and bigmom
law : applying KNIFE- ROOM to his sword

he also has various attacks like amputate , injection shot , radio knife where he uses df powers through his sword

fujitora : made his own gravity blade sword style by combining his gravity df with his sword

bigmom : combining her ikkoku sword style and her homies together
which results to this

It can also apply to zoans , who use their immense physical strength and body to boost their swordsmanship

and there are logia powers like kizaru's too

so just by using devil fruit powers with ur sword doesnt mean it wont be accounted as swordsmanship anymore
combine anything with ur sword and u get sword skills

2. haki

COA :

u need strong haki to even wield great swords
so if u dont have strong haki , u cant even wield ur sword
example : enma

a normal swordsman would be turned to husk if he didnt have strong enough haki to satisfy enma

u can only tame a sword by fulfilling its desire , which here was to give enma strong enough haki
haki and swordsmanship goes toe to toe with each other

haki is the one of the main reason why u even win through swordsmanship

zoro asks mihawk to teach him the way of the sword

- mihawk teaches him haki

flowing haki to ur sword requires advanced armament and with this the katana will act to the desire of the swordsman

Here u see zoro try to not cut anything ( the leaves ) and then cut what he wants ( the rock )

The katana follows his will , will is also known as haki

The power to cut nothing means infusing ur blade with haki
using haki powers with ur sword is the pinnacle of swordsmanship

COO : in a sword duel u need to dodge and block ur opponent
u need the reaction speed necessary to parry the attack

zoro also showed an insane feat of coo during alabasta

swordsman shanks has future sight :

swordsman fujitora has insane coo

hawkeyes mihawk is also bound to show some crazy coo

COC :
multiple swordsmen like roger , rayleigh , shanks , zoro , mihawk , oden , possibly garling too possess this power
its basically coating ur sword with supreme ambition

zoro made an entire new sword style after unlocking acoc

king even mentions zoro has a kingly ambition ( being the strongest swordsman ) right after showing his conquerors haki

the moment zoro applied supreme ambition to his sword
all the fodders around him fainted
u can see the same happen with shanks too
conquerors haki when applied to ur sword becomes the swordsman's sword skill / swordsmanship

HAKI is not a separate fighting style
all it does is boost ur fighting style
zoro remained a swordsman after learning haki , luffy a martial artist
sanji still fought with his legs

its not like these guys made a new fighting style after learning haki

and haki goes along with swordsmanship so much its actually insane

Land of Samurai and Swordsmen are specialized in CoA

Kaido was shocked by Scabbard's Haki, not their Sword moves

Oden got stronger in his journey thanks to unlocking Haki/aCoC

When Zoro's first attack against Kaido didn't do much, he said he needs more Haki, not better Sword Technique

With exception of Garp, almost all Top Tiers who specialize in Haki and didn't eat a DF are Swordsmen

Kaido witnessed Zoro's Ultimate sword technique (Ashura) and yet attributed the feat of receiving a new scar to Zoro having CoC

various elemental attacks :

fire : zoro and kinemon's foxfire sword style

elemental :
niji's lightning attack

i guess u can count brook's ice as elemental power too
there should be more of this but i can only remember these examples

anyways this is just the 1st part , i am gonna make more threads on this topic
next part is gonna be on the topic

any attack that cuts things
stay tuned

Big mom is not a Swordsman, Kizaru neither, Even King. Well they Still attacks with swords.

So Kaidou is a Kannaboman?

Luffy used Sword too!

Sanji used too.

I am not saying, Law or Fuji aren't Swordsman They are, but is simples They are knows about They extern type of Power, Shanks=Haki,Law=Ope Ope him has Even a nicknames, that's It.

Existe guys who live as a pure Swordsmans ways= Mihawk,Zoro,Samurais,Ryuuma and Vista....

And we have guys who don't Even when They are Swordsmans= Fuji,Law,Shanks....

And we have who doesn't Care about a Sword yet even If They have one=Big Mom,King,Queen and Kizaru.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I am not saying, Law or Fuji aren't Swordsman They are, but is simples They are knows about They extern type of Power, Shanks=Haki,Law=Ope Ope him has Even a nicknames, that's It.

Existe guys who live as a pure Swordsmans ways= Mihawk,Zoro,Samurais,Ryuuma and Vista....

And we have guys who don't Even when They are Swordsmans= Fuji,Law,Shanks....
Why is CoC/Haki considered an "external power" when Shanks uses it and why is it considered "pure swordsmanship" when Zoro uses it?

Very well done
But i think We can summarize all of this with Zoro's Simple Explanation from Syrup Village
"Carrying Three Swords isn't same as using Three-Sword Style"

Because let's be Honest, People debate about Swordsmen not because of Definition itself but cuz They wanna know who is included in Mihawk's Title, They wanna know who are Characters whose Fighting Styles automatically make them Inferior than Mihawk Power Level Wise

Technically, anyone who uses a Sword is being a Swordsman, but you can't really compare them to Mihawk unless They have a "Sword-Style"
Which is a Sword-Based Fighting Style, regardless of what that Sword does

For example, does Usopp need to use a Gun & Shoot Bullets to be considered a Sniper? Ofc not
It doesn't matter if He shoots Eggs or Plants or Dials, what matters is that his Entire Fighting Style revolves around his Projectile Weapon
And that's what makes him a Sniper

So it doesn't matter if Swordsmen Enhance their Swords with DFs or their Race Ability or Poison or any Haki
What matters is that the entire Idea behind their Fighting Style revolves around the Sword They are carrying

DFs for example change the User's Body, They become Super Humans, but it doesn't have anything to do with how They Fight
Give any Fruit to a different User & They can apply it on another Fighting Style, for example if Fujitora's DF was eaten by Urashima, He'd use it to Enhance his Sumo Fighting Style, and if Kaku eaten Kalifa's DF instead, He would still use it through his Four-Sword Style, and just like Invisible DF was eaten by Absalom who isn't a Swordsman & then eaten by Shiryu who is a Swordsman, did it change his Fighting Style? Ofc not, it simply gave his Body an Upgrade

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoro is a Swordsman
Brook is a Swordsman
Law is a Swordsman
Fujitora is a Swordsman
Diamante is a Swordsman
Hyouzou is a Swordsman
Big Mom is a Swordsman
Hatchan
Cavendish
Vista
Hyogoro
Most Scabbards
Shiryu
Smoothie
Cracker
Drake
Shanks
Roger
Dorry
Kyros
Tashigi
T-Bone
Kaku
Chaka
Oden
... etc

I think there's a difference. We never see hakimen display the kind of feats Mihawk does. The latter is more hyped because of his sword skill, while people like Shanks or Roger because of their haki.

I think there's a difference. We never see hakimen display the kind of feats Mihawk does. The latter is more hyped because of his sword skill, while people like Shanks or Roger because of their haki.
When Shanks met Whitebeard he couldn’t care less about his Haki and started talking about his duels with Mihawk.

The Marines view Shanks as an inferior Swordsman to Mihawk and never hyped his Haki.

Shanks was holding Gryphon when aiming his Haki at Greenbull and the anime expanded on it.

Shanks cut Kidd’s railgun clean in half with a flying slash.

Both Oden and Zoro were hyped for their Haki more than their swordsmanship in Wano.

All of Roger’s combat scenes involve swordsmanship.

This hype for Haki over swordsmanship to separate Roger/Shanks from Zoro/Mihawk never made sense.

You can make a case for some DFs not falling under the swordsmanship domain, like Law's DF, which, even though he uses it in accordance with his sword, uses a mechanism completely foreign to what swordsmanship is. While in Fujitora's case, it comes closer, as he infuses his swordsmanship with gravity to create his own style (gravity blade).

As for Haki, that's not even up for discussion; Haki is the bread and butter of a swordsman.
Hardening:
To harden the blade

Flow:
To become one with the blade and "cut everything and nothing"

Internal destruction:
While not used for cutting, you can use it in attacks like Shanks' Divine Departure, which delivers a shockwave kind of damage, which most likely also has Haki flow involved (with the "cut nothing" aspect) and which you could amplify with internal destruction.

ACoC:
Self explanatory. Considerably amplifies whatever move you use, be it cutting or blunt damage

Swordsmen are Hakimen.

Now is Shanks' Divine Departure swordsmanship or could he use it with a metal pipe too? Theoretically he could use it with a pipe too, though
1) a supreme grade weapon is just more potent to begin with
2) Shanks is confirmed to be a top class swordsman, so he will also have great swordskill which he can utilize in battle too. So using a blunt weapon would be a downgrade, since with his sword, Shanks can do anything he could with a blunt weapon and using advanced cutting techniques.

While I agree, I'd argue that using sword attacks (or swordsmanship) don't make you a swordsman by itself. Swordsman is more of an identity, the way the character is presented visually, if most of the move set is sword related etc...

So Fujitora and Shanks are swordsmen but Kizaru and Big Mom are not IMO

i am seeing a lot of fraud threads on what swordsmanship is by agenda driven people nowadays
so here is a real thread on what swordsmanship actually is and how swordsmen make their own sword styles

for me
- swordsmanship is
A . any attack done from a blade
B . any attack that cuts things
C . any attack used along with a sword

its just these simple 3 things

lets get in with the 1st point :

any attack done from a blade
this includes devil fruits , haki , various elements ( like fire and lightning )

1. devil fruits
combining devil fruits with ur sword gives u the sword style u desire

brook being a swordsman was able to discover his df powers and he simply applied his df to his sword

thus he made the freezing blade

there are many more similar characters like law , fujitora and bigmom
law : applying KNIFE- ROOM to his sword

he also has various attacks like amputate , injection shot , radio knife where he uses df powers through his sword

fujitora : made his own gravity blade sword style by combining his gravity df with his sword

bigmom : combining her ikkoku sword style and her homies together
which results to this

It can also apply to zoans , who use their immense physical strength and body to boost their swordsmanship

and there are logia powers like kizaru's too

so just by using devil fruit powers with ur sword doesnt mean it wont be accounted as swordsmanship anymore
combine anything with ur sword and u get sword skills

2. haki

COA :

u need strong haki to even wield great swords
so if u dont have strong haki , u cant even wield ur sword
example : enma

a normal swordsman would be turned to husk if he didnt have strong enough haki to satisfy enma

u can only tame a sword by fulfilling its desire , which here was to give enma strong enough haki
haki and swordsmanship goes toe to toe with each other

haki is the one of the main reason why u even win through swordsmanship

zoro asks mihawk to teach him the way of the sword

- mihawk teaches him haki

flowing haki to ur sword requires advanced armament and with this the katana will act to the desire of the swordsman

Here u see zoro try to not cut anything ( the leaves ) and then cut what he wants ( the rock )

The katana follows his will , will is also known as haki

The power to cut nothing means infusing ur blade with haki
using haki powers with ur sword is the pinnacle of swordsmanship

COO : in a sword duel u need to dodge and block ur opponent
u need the reaction speed necessary to parry the attack

zoro also showed an insane feat of coo during alabasta

swordsman shanks has future sight :

swordsman fujitora has insane coo

hawkeyes mihawk is also bound to show some crazy coo

COC :
multiple swordsmen like roger , rayleigh , shanks , zoro , mihawk , oden , possibly garling too possess this power
its basically coating ur sword with supreme ambition

zoro made an entire new sword style after unlocking acoc

king even mentions zoro has a kingly ambition ( being the strongest swordsman ) right after showing his conquerors haki

the moment zoro applied supreme ambition to his sword
all the fodders around him fainted
u can see the same happen with shanks too
conquerors haki when applied to ur sword becomes the swordsman's sword skill / swordsmanship

HAKI is not a separate fighting style
all it does is boost ur fighting style
zoro remained a swordsman after learning haki , luffy a martial artist
sanji still fought with his legs

its not like these guys made a new fighting style after learning haki

and haki goes along with swordsmanship so much its actually insane

Land of Samurai and Swordsmen are specialized in CoA

Kaido was shocked by Scabbard's Haki, not their Sword moves

Oden got stronger in his journey thanks to unlocking Haki/aCoC

When Zoro's first attack against Kaido didn't do much, he said he needs more Haki, not better Sword Technique

With exception of Garp, almost all Top Tiers who specialize in Haki and didn't eat a DF are Swordsmen

Kaido witnessed Zoro's Ultimate sword technique (Ashura) and yet attributed the feat of receiving a new scar to Zoro having CoC

various elemental attacks :

fire : zoro and kinemon's foxfire sword style

elemental :
niji's lightning attack

i guess u can count brook's ice as elemental power too
there should be more of this but i can only remember these examples

anyways this is just the 1st part , i am gonna make more threads on this topic
next part is gonna be on the topic

any attack that cuts things
stay tuned

I totally agree with what you wrote, even the new s-hawk which uses flying kick slashes is a swordsman (combination of king,mister1,mihawk), for me basically every character that draw out a blade in a fight is a swordsman. King in his final stage during the fight, he fought as a swordsman in which he was spamming lava dragon from his blade (He combined his lunarian trait with his blade).

Hawking is a swordsman as well
I would say that swordsman are probably much more numerous than non swordsman fighter in OP (we are talking about a world of pirate). Mihawk is the strongest of them all, that what it pissing off so many people cuz it doesnt stand with their agenda (which is a combination of Zorohaters, people that are scarred of Zoro future greatness, Lanji troll, goofytrolls)