Break Week The Auras need to stop + NEEDED FORUM CLEANSING [RANT]

Aura's for indicating when Ryou is used or when Haki is applied is fine.
But I'd always take good speedlines or nice wind FX/ smears over Auras to convey speed or force.

I don't think people had a problem with Zoro's blade in the recent episode being in a pink glow. After all, that's how we know Haki is applied. And if they had a problem with it, they are stupid because it was in the manga.
What they had a problem with, was Zoro glowing in yellow which is just wack and unnecessary.

I don't think people had a problem with Zoro's blade in the recent episode being in a pink glow. After all, that's how we know Haki is applied. And if they had a problem with it, they are stupid because it was in the manga.
What they had a problem with, was Zoro glowing in yellow which is just wack and unnecessary.
That was in the manga though. Like, they used that aura very specifically because there was a very literal aura surrounding Zoro in that manga panel.

That was in the manga though. Like, they used that aura very specifically because there was a very literal aura surrounding Zoro in that manga panel.

The only part here is the panel where he says "Eating our panel" where one could be lead to the false conclusion that all of zoro is clad in aura. But in actuality it's the Haki from the swords that is flowing and building the dragon we see in the panel after the closeup of the sword.
Like, essentially I see the first panel being the same as the 3rd panel just from a different perspective and a bit more time having passed.
1st panel we see the 3 swords emitting haki/Aura. 2nd panel we get a closeup of his sword blackening (again, Haki/Aura). 3rd panel - wide perspective shot we see the Aura has formed the dragon.
The Aura in the 1st panel just looks like the dragon body in a closer shot.

In the anime the aura literally starts from his feet, travels up his entire body, goes into his swords and then changes the color/aura of the swords from yellow to pink, just rewatch the scene.

The only part here is the panel where he says "Eating our panel" where one could be lead to the false conclusion that all of zoro is clad in aura. But in actuality it's the Haki from the swords that is flowing and building the dragon we see in the panel after the closeup of the sword.
Like, essentially I see the first panel being the same as the 3rd panel just from a different perspective and a bit more time having passed.
1st panel we see the 3 swords emitting haki/Aura. 2nd panel we get a closeup of his sword blackening (again, Haki/Aura). 3rd panel - wide perspective shot we see the Aura has formed the dragon.
The Aura in the 1st panel just looks like the dragon body in a closer shot.

In the anime the aura literally starts from his feet, travels up his entire body, goes into his swords and then changes the color/aura of the swords from yellow to pink, just rewatch the scene.

Dude, his entire body is clearly covered with the aura in that panel, not just his swords. The anime interpretation makes perfect sense in the sense it is a literal expansion of what the manga does by having Zoro's general aura eventually just focus into Enma, which is what happens in the manga.

The third panel is completely different from the first panel. The dragon isn't inked the same way as the aura that surrounds Zoro in that first panel. If this was another example of Zoro being surrounded by an animal aura where the aura is usually inked as straight white, that would make sense, but thats not what happened for this attack.

The attack starts with Zoro's body being covered by an aura, the aura focuses into enma, and the dragon pretty much emerging from Enma. The aura for the dragon is visually completely different aesthetically in terms of shape and inking from the attack on the third panel.

The anime doesn't adapt this exactly, with after the aura being focused into Enma, the dragon also emerging just from enma when its arguably supposed to be something layered on top of Zoro generally.

I say this because we literally see the aura from the first panel return later on when he does Tatsumaki against King, and we see the aura covering Zoro and the dragon aura as seperate.

I 100% agree, also I know this a old problem but can we get new sound effects it's bad enough that we get dbz animation but having it sound like dbz makes it much worse.

Agree, they are fucking garbage, be it super sayian Zoro for 3 minutes straight or the haki buttcheeks a few episodes back

And the animator's response didn't help either, but he doesn't care, why because they can still make money by making shit like that.

People need to realize complaining and criticising alone wont help until money in their pocket is involved

Agree, they are fucking garbage, be it super sayian Zoro for 3 minutes straight or the haki buttcheeks a few episodes back

And the animator's response didn't help either, but he doesn't care, why because they can still make money by making shit like that.

People need to realize complaining and criticising alone wont help until money in their pocket is involved
I personally didn't think the direction in that part of the episode was great and this was an anime original scene, but are people forgetting that we saw something similar to this in the Katakuri fight?

I personally didn't think the direction in that part of the episode was great and this was an anime original scene, but are people forgetting that we saw something similar to this in the Katakuri fight?

Listen I am not even against "auras" in general, Zoro has them in the manga too, but I don't like the overly dbz type of shit they do and use that just for the sake of stretching an episode, when there are other ways to do that. It just feels lazy.

Love your ast sentence nothing but facts now take that advice and don't complain about them in upcoming episodes anymore lol
Post automatically merged:

Love your ast sentence nothing but facts now take that advice and don't complain about them in upcoming episodes anymore lol
*your last

Listen I am not even against "auras" in general, Zoro has them in the manga too, but I don't like the overly dbz type of shit they do and use that just for the sake of stretching an episode, when there are other ways to do that. It just feels lazy.
If the aura was just CGI and cheaply cropped on and looked bad because it genuinely obscured the drawing I would agree, but especially with the aura from last episode, that was not the case. The animator in the best looking scene from that episode animated the aura to emphasize Zoro focusing his strength into Enma, which is also what happened in the manga itself. The fact that they went out of their way to animate it in a really complex scene filled with a ton of crazy camera work in fact suggests the opposite of laziness.

If it were poorly done, like Luffy's CGI aura in episode 1015, which looked really bad, you'd have a point for that, but this was pretty inoffensive. It wasn't obscuring Zoro at all. Special attention was given by the photography department to make sure Zoro was still clearly identifiable.

For this episode in particular, I don't see the issue at all.

This was good though.

I really liked the attention put into making COC look good here.

Visually, this is kind of laughably bad in comparison.
I'm convinced you are a toei shill. Not like the meme word people use. I'm talking full on 8 hour day job with wage paid to a crypto wallet. No way in hell someone defending this hard for free. How can you sit through that episode? The haki clash was a way to waste time. 5 minutes of colors fighting each other, and lightning sounds. Even then, I could tolerate that and sit through it because I know of pacing issues. What I couldn't stand mostly is the random "WORORORO" spam inserted randomly to waste time. In the manga, Kaido actually feels like a character with a personality. The anime reduced him to a WORORO soundboard

Auras are the problem? Rly?

So they are animating 1.5 - 2 chapters manga / 1 anime now if your complaining so much about the auras (a much minor problem compared to the pace)?

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Yeah... It made me drop anime and visit it only when it's loud about it. I more like the manga what has better art and scenes than anime has mostly. It is nice to see stuff animated or interpreted, Luffy and Roger statement in Yamato's retrospection in anime was beautiful for example even if it was just a moment in the manga, but not all the time it is appealing for the eye.

I'm convinced you are a toei shill. Not like the meme word people use. I'm talking full on 8 hour day job with wage paid to a crypto wallet. No way in hell someone defending this hard for free. How can you sit through that episode? The haki clash was a way to waste time. 5 minutes of colors fighting each other, and lightning sounds. Even then, I could tolerate that and sit through it because I know of pacing issues. What I couldn't stand mostly is the random "WORORORO" spam inserted randomly to waste time. In the manga, Kaido actually feels like a character with a personality. The anime reduced him to a WORORO soundboard
Which episode you talking about? I don't think that really matches any episode.

Anyway, I think I like Kaido a bit more in the anime. I think the voice actor definitely helps a lot, and I do generally enjoy seeing him in action a bit more.