I don't think there will be any Emperors after Wano. The Yonko system was a product of the old era, alongside the Warlords. It provided stability that the WG benefitted from by creating Gate Keepers to the throne. That won't be the case post Wano where it will be a free for all.
I'm also like 90% this is why Blackbeard and Shanks won't even fit under the same mold as well, especially being 20-25 years younger than Kaido/Linlin

Typically in Shonen, those left standing are typically stronger than what comes before, regardless of "titles" or status.

As much as I want to be happy for Kidd and Law in the latest chapter, from a writing perspective it's questionable how they came to defy their own rules of their df awakening. They have been saying for the third time this is the last attack, and not only that, they have been KO'd and attacked repeatedly even when KO'd until BM dropped the magic word "going to rooftop" and they suddenly are up and fighting her.

Same with Luffy, Ragnarok KO's him, a chapter later he's up and fighting with his CoC coating, later on even outright taking a Ragnarok that hits harder straight to the head.

People always say "willpower" but if that willpower logic somehow equates to haki, then equates beyond Luffy even to Law, Kidd, why not Kaido, or Big Mom then and have them push through overpowered attacks then, where's their willpower.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I'm also like 90% this is why Blackbeard and Shanks won't even fit under the same mold as well, especially being 20-25 years younger than Kaido/Linlin

Typically in Shonen, those left standing are typically stronger than what comes before, regardless of "titles" or status.
Yeah, by the time those two come into the picture, the title "Emperor" will be old hat, just as Warlord is now.

As much as I want to be happy for Kidd and Law in the latest chapter, from a writing perspective it's questionable how they came to defy their own rules of their df awakening. They have been saying for the third time this is the last attack, and not only that, they have been KO'd and attacked repeatedly even when KO'd until BM dropped the magic word "going to rooftop" and they suddenly are up and fighting her.

Same with Luffy, Ragnarok KO's him, a chapter later he's up and fighting with his CoC coating, later on even outright taking a Ragnarok that hits harder straight to the head.

People always say "willpower" but if that willpower logic somehow equates to haki, then equates beyond Luffy even to Law, Kidd, why not Kaido, or Big Mom then and have them push through overpowered attacks then, where's their willpower.
The conflict of this fight, man :few:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
but you make it sound like it's a government authorized system when it's said they rule over seas the Gov has barely any control over..

i think Shanks and Bb would remain Yonko's and preserve their territories.. it's just the victor of this war that'll deduce this new age of Yonko' s
It's not, but the Government did prefer it over the possibility of a new Pirate King. I also think the Yonko system contributed in segmenting the world when it should be 'One Piece.'