Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I can relate on the ego part.
And as the saying goes, every saint has a past and every sinner has a future, no one is perfect. The thing that matters is to learn from yourself and strive to be a better person. Works for self as well as people around you.
And it can only be achieved ONCE you accept and acknowledge your cons and flaws. I deal with narcissist obnoxious idiots every day, and o feel pity for them bcz they lack 2 basic things. Self Awareness and Situational Awareness. Empathy amd EQ is no where to be found. On paper, they are established successful and highly educated people but as human beings, just a bunch of hyenas causing misery for people around them.

One cant fix/improve something if he/she deems it Perfect as it is.
Aye exactly man. I came to learn that the best kind of people are usually the ones who are flawed but try to be better, like diamonds in the rough kind of thing. Not someone who was born good automatically, born pure and never been a sinner/made mistakes/be flawless or whatever. I am such a sucker for redemption stuff especially lol.

Yeah thats exactly it! Thats what American Psycho was making fun of too, pople just like that! Except a lot of people have taken it at face value ironically and seen it as propaganda/reasoning to double down lmfao sigh.

Hyenas is such an apt comparison my god, that makes so much sense. I thought of peacocks too for example. That lack of empathy, EQ, and the types of awareness is exactly what the issues are as well and its only gonna get worse in future too.
I feel people are even more dehumanised/detached these days but maybe I'm just more aware of it too?

G

Gorosei Informer

Guys, who's your favorite user here?

Got to be @nik87 for me, the guy's persistance is inspirational and I quite enjoy how he manages to prop up Zoro in basically any conversation he has - no matter how far removed from Zoro it may be
2nd is one of these: @Ghostly Reflections @solis @RayanOO @notAfanboy - it's really easy to have a convo with them

Thank you so much man! That's very nice of you to say that, I'm honoured/humbled! You've always been great oto!

:cheers::crazwhat::sweat::blush::amazing:

Aye exactly man. I came to learn that the best kind of people are usually the ones who are flawed but try to be better, like diamonds in the rough kind of thing. Not someone who was born good automatically, born pure and never been a sinner/made mistakes/be flawless or whatever. I am such a sucker for redemption stuff especially lol.

Yeah thats exactly it! Thats what American Psycho was making fun of too, pople just like that! Except a lot of people have taken it at face value ironically and seen it as propaganda/reasoning to double down lmfao sigh.

Hyenas is such an apt comparison my god, that makes so much sense. I thought of peacocks too for example. That lack of empathy, EQ, and the types of awareness is exactly what the issues are as well and its only gonna get worse in future too.
I feel people are even more dehumanised/detached these days but maybe I'm just more aware of it too?
feel people are even more dehumanised/detached these days but maybe I'm just more aware of it too?
They are..we may be striving in science and technology and all that but in retrospect we as a species gone backward in terms of values and just plain humanity. The thing is, we live in fast paced world where there is no time for such things. Values? Empathy? Lol idgaf, i have MY dreams (success or whatever) that i want to achieve and i could care less if it means being a sob and not giving two fucks about the people around me.

But again, there are some rare gems too.

sometimes Betta's reactions surprise me bc of how over the top they are. Like wjen he begins to insult people as fools and losers and idiots and trash, and then goes on to claim that he's a popular user on this site.
Or when he pretends to have a large social media following.
Finalbeta is basically the Wad of Worstgen except that Beta has self awareness unlike the cuban sociopath

They are..we may be striving in science and technology and all that but in retrospect we as a species gone backward in terms of values and just plain humanity. The thing is, we live in fast paced world where there is no time for such things. Values? Empathy? Lol idgaf, i have MY dreams (success or whatever) that i want to achieve and i could care less if it means being a sob and not giving two fucks about the people around me.

I have to chance to earn around 10.000€ per month but I’m gonna choose something where I will not even earn half of it because of my morality. I can’t sell my soul
Good values and honour > money
People say that I’m dumb and make fun of me but I don’t care

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah thats exactly it, the obsession with science, tech and thus virutal and augmented realities and such, being too busy and living too fast and hard to have time to care for others, trying to race to the top and be the crab that escapes the bucket unlike the others.

Reminds me of how the 80s were so focused on consumption, money/business/selling, aesthetics/appearances, success, status and such. People really wanted the 80s to return and they have in their own ways already and not in the ways we expected/wanted.

American Psycho also critcised this Yuppie culture too. Glengarry Glen Ross too:

Status
Not open for further replies.