Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I don't mind trolling/trashing Oda a little, but I have a high level or respect for him. So many people wanted me to treat poor/starving people badly. Oda wanted me to treat people in poverty with respect, feed them, and listen to their stories. I respect that heavily. Wish I had gotten the sub as a kid, rather than the 4Kidz Dub (even if the Pirate Rap was amazing).
Thats extremely true, its what I loved about Sanjis writing too, feeding the starving and we even saw that with Zoro and that little girl with the rice balls too?

Thats a profound point there. Oda has really doubled down on the starvation/famine themes here in Wano as expected and as someone who takes starvation as a very serious issue due to my own problems too, I respect it immensely from a personal POV naturally.

Same here, I feel I missed out a lot by starting with the 4Kids Dub but it also got me into OP because of it existing and being available too. One of these days I will re-read/rewatch the entire series and make up for a lot of what I missed out on properly, rather than seeing highlights and such.

That 4Kids rap was unironically amazing lol. 4Kids intros and music were really good! They did Pokemon and Shaman King I believe too, but definitely Sonic X too? Their VAs were actually really good too imo, really passionate/charismatic and such! 4Kids tone ended up reflecting the series pretty well especially after Gear 5th and Odas recent comments too.
It was just the insane censorship that was the real major issue too, they made unforgivable, series ruining changes.

G

Gorosei Informer

With the breaking bad anime intro you spoiled yourself 30 times over
Lmao I know quite a few major spoilers of Breaking Bad as the internet kept spoiling me here and there so I gave up and just went with it haha. Sometimes spoilers actually get me to check out shows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.