Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiruzen led the village through three, possible 4 wars and 1 natural disaster. And it kept bouncing back stronger than before. No Hokage has done as much as him.

This is the most info we're given on who Orochimaru experimented on within Konoha and yes, it is a failing of Hiruzen's.. He should've fought and killed Orochimaru but couldn't get over his personal feelings at the time. Hashirama came from an era where most of his siblings died before he was ten, Hiruzen was born and raised in Konoha—so while a failing it is, comparing it to someone who was more accustom to family and close bonds dying is a little unfair.

The Uchiha fucked themselves. Plot a coup 7 years after war ends, the Kyuubi attacks and kills your Hokage and 4 years after you barely evade war with Kumogakure? What sensible person even negotiates with the Uchiha like Hiruzen did? They're a massive risk to the village—more than Orochimaru—and Danzo forced his hand on this because if you let the Uchiha Clan attempt their coup, Konoha is being invaded within the year.
Can we say any Hokage fucked up as much as him though?

We have to weigh the negative and the positive

He led them through the wars while also leaving Naruto (the village Jinchuuriki) with nothing, letting Orochimaru get away with experimentation, and putting the village in jeopardy because of that decision (it also led to Sunagakure losing their Kage as well lol)

Danzo was forced to stand up and take action as Hiruzen was incapable of handling everything that was left to him (he stated this himself)

Hiruzen himself admits he made mistake after mistake as the Hokage. Now I'll cut him some slack since he was the Kage for much longer than everyone else but we have to call a spade a spade.

Now I'll kinda give you the Uchiha part now that I'm looking back at it. A lot of what happened IS partially their fault but letting Danzo move them away from their original position in the village was definitely a bad move. Which brings me back to the Danzo point

He needed a shadow Kage to maintain his rule. Others did not.. that's all I'm saying

No, but his three biggest impacts were;

Chuunin Exams — Caused the deaths of children
ANBU — Good and bad, it's been abused maliciously by those who followed Tobirama.
Police Force — Created discrimination and disdain for the Uchiha.

So in his short time period he establishes a shady group that causes problems down the road, creates a root cause for Uchiha discrimination and has the Chuunin exams lol. Then dies.
Chuunin exams- The kids have to learn to be strong through adversity. It's much better than them learning through war.

Anbu- it ain't Tobirama's fault that dicks like danzo fucked it up. And that whole fuck up along with the uchiha massacre was on the watch of Third hokage. He didn't do anything to prevent it or spiraling out of control.

Uchiha- The uchiha, as explained in the series, were a dangerous group. And he gave them purpose. The main problems that lead to the uchiha massacre were Hiruzens inactions and letting danzo do as he pleases, and the distrust of the uchiha during the nine tails incedent, which was orchestrated by obito, and uchiha.

Its not like tobirama did those things with the intention of harm. Just like the justsu's he developed like the reanimation jutsu, they were used by bad people for bad things. Doesn't mean they haven't had good effect on the leaf.
Who knows where the leaf would be without Tobirama laying the ground work for a more structured and organized village.

Status
Not open for further replies.