- Viola plotline

Zou
- Curly Hat flashback plotline

WCI
- Vinsmoke plotline
- Cake plotline

Wano
- Black Maria plotline
I'm assuming Pre Timeskip isn't up for debate and only Post timeskip is being debated here.

- FMI
> Jinbe's flashback.
> Arlong, Nami's past and the importance of forgiveness.

I agree about PH and DR. Nami didn't get much during those arcs.

- Zou
> Made the decision to save the minks.

- WCI
> She was basically Luffy's guiding light as they went to get back Sanji.
> Lola and Big Mom plotline.
> She was leading the crew in his absence (fighting Katakuri)..
> Zeus plotline.

- Wano
> She also featured on Chapter 1000's cover alongside Luffy and Zoro. [This is really big since it basically reaffirms that despite not getting much plot relevance in Wano, she is still in Oda's top 3. Such an iconic chapter cover and he choses to put them.]
> Zeus plotline ended.
> She also got a major moment when she reaffirmed that Luffy will become the PK when faced against death alongside Ulti.

You can also argue that Sanji featured in Volume 100's cover with Zoro but why wouldn't Oda put Sanji there especially since he's the third most relevant strawhat after Luffy and Zoro when it comes to fighting and this is literally in the middle of the battle against the Beast Pirates.

And there's a good chance that in the arc leading to finding Laughtale, Nami will be the most important crew member since she's the one who's most involved in Navigation (finding Laughtale) and Treasure, probably the two biggest themes in that arc.

Supported another one of the main 3 characters's stance over her's.

Being captain or not isn't the discussion right? Nami has been given more character moments and is generally treated like a MC as opposed to Sanji.

Luffy, Zoro and Nami were the initial 3 strawhats. Infact Nami was there on the cover of chapter 1 for some reason. This trio handled most of the decision making for the majority of the pre timeskip and the post timeskip. This trio or atleast 2 of this trio has been given more shine in post timeskip arcs where the crew was split up. Once again, even in the Curly haired pirates, Nami voiced the reason to go to Zou, Nami made the decision to help the Minks.

More recently the cover of Chapter 1000 had Luffy, Zoro and Nami - the three MCs. The iconic panel in Jaya where Blackbeard says "A man's dream never dies" had again this trio.

The recent eye catchers in the anime had this trio. They were the first three strawhats. There is infact lots of evidence as Morj pointed out in that video.

She's also excluded from the iconic moments of Luffy being first recognized as Roger 2.0 in Loguetown whe he says goodbye to Zoro and Sanji thinking he will die with a smile on his face, or the TB moment when Zoro and Sanji try to sacrifice themselves for Luffy, or post time skip when only Zoro and Sanji witness Luffy's renewed vow to become the Pirate King in front of Rayleigh.

She's also not part of the Volume 100 Cover Page like Zoro and Sanji, and doesn't get to have the plot revolve around her story and her past in the two Yonko arcs post time skip like Zoro and Sanji.
I agree she is the female main character, but that basically just means that she's more of an MC than any other female :milaugh:

She get's featured a lot sure. I think she even has more panels than Zoro and Sanji who were about equal or Sanji had a bit of an advantage in that regard, but i think that in many aspects she's pushed behind them, including her authority in the crew. Because i've seen people attempt to push her as "Luffy's Left Hand" with this trio argument, and we have Oda go out of his way to officially name Zoro and Sanji as Luffy's Wings/Hands.

It's kind of like Chopper having by far most panel time after the East Blue top 5. You can say he's the 6th main character and superior to all the other SH's in that regard, but to what does that amount really.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
She's also excluded from the iconic moments of Luffy being first recognized as Roger 2.0 in Loguetown whe he says goodbye to Zoro and Sanji thinking he will die with a smile on his face, or the TB moment when Zoro and Sanji try to sacrifice themselves for Luffy, or post time skip when only Zoro and Sanji witness Luffy's renewed vow to become the Pirate King in front of Rayleigh.

She's also not part of the Volume 100 Cover Page like Zoro and Sanji, and doesn't get to have the plot revolve around her story and her past in the two Yonko arcs post time skip like Zoro and Sanji.

Nami does have more panel time than them, and i agree she is the female main character, but that basically just means that she's more of an MC than any other female :milaugh:

She get's featured a lot sure. I think she even has more panels than Zoro and Sanji who were about equal or Sanji had a bit of an advantage in that regard, but i think that in many aspects she's pushed behind them, including her authority in the crew. Because i've seen people attempt to push her as "Luffy's Left Hand" with this trio argument, and we have Oda go out of his way to officially name Zoro and Sanji as Luffy's Wings/Hands.

It's kind of like Chopper having by far most panel time after the East Blue top 5. You can say he's the 6th main character and superior to all the other SH's in that regard, but to what does that amount really.

I'm assuming Pre Timeskip isn't up for debate and only Post timeskip is being debated here.

- FMI
> Jinbe's flashback.
> Arlong, Nami's past and the importance of forgiveness.

I agree about PH and DR. Nami didn't get much during those arcs.

- Zou
> Made the decision to save the minks.

- WCI
> She was basically Luffy's guiding light as they went to get back Sanji.
> Lola and Big Mom plotline.
> She was leading the crew in his absence (fighting Katakuri)..
> Zeus plotline.

- Wano
> She also featured on Chapter 1000's cover alongside Luffy and Zoro. [This is really big since it basically reaffirms that despite not getting much plot relevance in Wano, she is still in Oda's top 3. Such an iconic chapter cover and he choses to put them.]
> Zeus plotline ended.
> She also got a major moment when she reaffirmed that Luffy will become the PK when faced against death alongside Ulti.

You can also argue that Sanji featured in Volume 100's cover with Zoro but why wouldn't Oda put Sanji there especially since he's the third most relevant strawhat after Luffy and Zoro when it comes to fighting and this is literally in the middle of the battle against the Beast Pirates.

And there's a good chance that in the arc leading to finding Laughtale, Nami will be the most important crew member since she's the one who's most involved in Navigation (finding Laughtale) and Treasure, probably the two biggest themes in that arc.
FI: Thats not a plotline.

Zou: That flashback was of the Curly hats. Hence Sanji in charge. Sanji led them to Zou, decided to save the minks after Nami’s plea and Pedro’s begging. Faced Bege with Brook. Then his Vinsmoke lineage and wedding is brought up. He ends up saving the rest of the Curly Hats. Sanji is the lead in that plotline. Nami was his supporting character.

WCI: Again im talking about times where she led the plotline. Not shared same lvl of importance as another SH or be overshadowed by another SH. She shared it and was overshadowed by Luff..

Wano: Lol she got cucked by Tama in importance in her own plotline.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
She's also excluded from the iconic moments of Luffy being first recognized as Roger 2.0 in Loguetown whe he says goodbye to Zoro and Sanji thinking he will die with a smile on his face, or the TB moment when Zoro and Sanji try to sacrifice themselves for Luffy, or post time skip when only Zoro and Sanji witness Luffy's renewed vow to become the Pirate King in front of Raylegh.
All three were moments which involved fighting. Nami is never put up in those moments.

I agree about Volume 100. But its too quick to jump the gun on her plotline being there in the Yonko Saga. I think she's getting it when the crew finally goes to Laughtale since she's the SH associated with Treasure and Navigation, incredibly important themes for Laughtale arc.

Yeah Wings as in their importance to the crew when it comes to fighting. Oda reaffirmed in that SBS that Sanji and Zoro are the wings of the PK so as to have his back in fights. I'm not disputing that at all don't get me wrong. Oda is subtle but drops a lot of hints where Nami features with Luffy and Zoro as the MCs.

And regarding the panel time, I think Sanji is the #2 right now after WCI iirc. I'm not sure though.

i don't see zoro in that robin panel
Yet she mentions Sanji with someone else worthy enough to be Luffy’s wings. Then Stephen Paul confirms that its Zoro and Sanji, then the editors confirm that its Zoro and Sanji. And Oda himself literally said so in a SBS.

Honestly you and other Ztards became so pathetic why deny it when its literally right in your face.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Yet she mentions Sanji with someone else worthy enough to be Luffy’s wings. Then Stephen Paul confirms that its Zoro and Sanji, then the editors confirm that its Zoro and Sanji. And Oda himself literally said so in a SBS.

Honestly you and other Ztards became so pathetic why deny it when its literally right in your face.
of course sanji is part of the monster trio so naturally he is the wings together with zoro that doesn't change the fact that og trio are the real MCs though with luffy being the main one.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
FI: Thats not a plotline.
Her past with Arlong is not an important Plotline in an arc which deals with slavery and racism? Cool.

Zou: That flashback was of the Curly hats. Hence Sanji in charge. Sanji led them to Zou, decided to save the minks after Nami’s plea and Pedro’s begging. Faced Bege with Brook. Then his Vinsmoke lineage and wedding is brought up. He ends up saving the rest of the Curly Hats. Sanji is the lead in that plotline. Nami was his supporting character.
Bruh, you can neglect every fighting scene lol. Nami took the decision to save the minks, formed a bond with Wanda.

The Vinsmoke lineage and wedding is prep for the next arc. Infact for the rest of the Zou arc, with the entire debate going around whether to go after Sanji or not was between two viewpoints, one from Zoro and another from Nami. The same thing which happened when Usopp left the crew, we again had a debate between two viewpoints, one from Zoro and another from Nami.

WCI: Again im talking about times where she led the plotline. Not shared same lvl of importance as another SH or be overshadowed by another SH. She shared it and was overshadowed by Luff..
Lola and Big Mom? Her leading the crew when Luffy's fighting Katakuri? Zeus?
In every arc all the strawhats are overshadowed by Luffy. That really isn't the point of discussion.

Wano: Lol she got cucked by Tama in importance in her own plotline.
Well your point for Sanji's plot relevance in Wano was the Black Maria plotline. So did Robin cuck Sanji in his own plot?
I'm just using your logic that you used to take away from Nami's moment in Wano.
And the Big Mom - Zeus plotline was played again.

Don't even bring up fight sequences bro. That's not even a contest.
It's the plot moments where Nami overtakes Sanji in relevance.

of course sanji is part of the monster trio so naturally he is the wings together with zoro that doesn't change the fact that og trio are the real MCs though with luffy being the main one.
Wings has nothing to do with strength tho. If it did….it confirms Zoro = Sanji as 2 wings would be equal. Wings is to do with rank in the group and importance within it. Not strength…

Status
Not open for further replies.