Status
Not open for further replies.
Five stages of grief.

1. Denial: "There is no way Big Mom got defeated in the upcoming chapter."

2. Anger: "Wtf Oda! This is how you treat a Yonko fight? Your writing is trash and so is Big Mom!"

3. Bargaining: "Come on Oda please have the fight continue in the following chapter, if you do that I promise I will never say anything bad about the Wano arc."

4. Depression: "Why Oda! Seriously why did you this, why did you have to make this fight feel so underwhelming."

5. Acceptance: "You know what it's time to move on, I'm happy that Law and Kid had their big moment against Big Mom and I do think the next arc will hopefully be better."
Don't make the same mistakes

DR flopped (colloseum & G4 is the only good thing)
WCI second half flopped
Wano flopped
Next arcs won't be better either
( unless Oda takes a long hiatus and rethink his choices )

If you guys can't recognize that there's a massive disconnect between the build-up for Big Mom and how she's been handled this arc then we have literally no common ground and there's no point in continuing a discussion.
She's not the main villain:lawsigh:

It's like you just read through my words and only see your take. Big Mom didn't take over country and terrorize a samurai prince.

We spent 8 years gathering scabbard allies every single arc, all relevant to Kaido. She's a drop in the bucket compared to his relevance in the story. "There's no discussion"

Guys , did you see any impressive fight in the onigashima ?
Zoro vs King was good. As was a few pages of Jinbe vs WsW.

Yamato vs Kaido had good paneling, as has Luffy vs Kaido in 1010, 1011, 1026 and 1037. There have been great double spreads all over the arc.

I wouldn't say any fight was "consistently" top notch. But overall not bad this arc. Far better than the DR fights where there were barely any attacks, just offscreened fights and final moves.

Chapter 1039 Spoilers (source Wedon on Arlong Forums)
Title: すべてが一時的なものです
*The Impermanence of All Things*

- In the cover story, Pedro fights Oven to rescue the Germa brothers
- Big Mom is KO’d by Kidd’s bull, beast pirates look on in shock
- Kaido and Luffy sense her defeat, gets angry about Law+Kidd beating Big Mom before him, Kaido laughs
- Kaido asks Luffy if he knows about awakening -> chapter ends

And she's not a random side villain either.:seriously:

Stop being blind Paper, no matter how you look at it she was still a major villain throughout the post timeskip.
You can read the comment again to know why.

I'm not blind. Like I said, Momo has been on Luffy's boat since Punk Hazard, an arc related to Kaido. Dressrosa is an arc related to Kaido. Zou is an arc related to Kaido. Wano is Kaido's arc. We gathered scabbards for years.

Big Mom had very literally relevance outside of a road poneglyph and Sanji's wedding. She had her arc, and even there she was relegated to background noise because of her son. Luffy defeated her without even trying to defeat her. He ruined her castle, stole her poneglyphs and defeated her commanders. She also didn't need to be removed from her territory.

These are facts in the story, so you stop being blind and stop exaggating the relevance of her character.

Zoro vs King was good. As was a few pages of Jinbe vs WsW.

Yamato vs Kaido had good paneling, as has Luffy vs Kaido in 1010, 1011, 1026 and 1037. There have been great double spreads all over the arc.

I wouldn't say any fight was "consistently" top notch. But overall not bad this arc. Far better than the DR fights where there were barely any attacks, just offscreened fights and final moves.
I never really understood the "It was a set up arc" excuse people had for Dressrossa.

No Set up arc is 100 Chapters. If anything Punk Hazard is DR's set up arc which makes things worse

Status
Not open for further replies.