Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Sukuna, Hollow Ichigo/Shirosaki, Kurma/Kyuubi, oh lord...

And a lot of self declared major fans were saying Luffy wasn't getting possessed, he hadn't changed and his DF isn't influencing him lmfao.

DFs are meant to be an eternal curse for as long as you live I mean, so it's fitting such a legendary, literally godly even fruit would be the most cursed potentially or close to it.

I think the Yami is the most cursed though as that would be more fitting and it's called the most evil fruit too.

Nika being more of an anti hero, more morally grey or "edgier" and thus more unpredictable, crazier, dangerous etc would be interesting.

Could even necessitate Shanks, Dragon or Garp for example to conflict with Luffy and feel they have to stop him or "Nika" technically.

I'd love for Nika to be a more nuanced and not truly heroic/pure/goody two shoes character.
One Piece LOVES subverting expectations and making certain characters ironic subversion of their real life counterparts and given Joyboy is based on King Joyoboyo/JAYAbaya IRL, an Indonesian king, this could get VERY interesting potentially too.
You are asking for good writing , thats not allowed here

G

Gorosei Informer

Who knows, the only thing we know about the nika fruit is it makes the user laugh. Literally, his heartbeat alone sounds hilarious to him, which forces him to laugh.
Crack theory time. Smile fruits originate from Luffys DF.
We know Caesar made an artifical DF a Zoan specifically. Smile users can only laugh too like Joker gas from Batman's Joker got them.
Mayve Luffys awakening can make others laugh too potentially? Or its meant to since hes Joyboy ofc? But what if he can force you to laugh?! Or he can only laugh and not express other emotions?

Now Luffy has been retconned to a Zoan, I feel this might actually have weight to it.

Imagine Luffy being like the Smile eaters and can only laugh? So if Sabo is God forbid actually dead or Shanks/Garp/Dragon die, he can only laugh?

Its a repeat of Tokos situation but Oda may do it for the horror of it happening to a Straw Hat and especially not just any but Luffy himself too and thus not needing them to eat a Smile to achieve a similar scenario then?

Idk though. I don't want Sabo to be dead and if Luffy is being turned into a laughing maniac, maybe he will become Sadistic like how he clowned Kaido like a toddler playing aggressively but excitedly with a toy or unfortunately a pet in range too.

Oda could go full Looney Tunes or especially Who Franed Roger Rabbit here. Or even Meatcanyon somewhat lol.
Maybe not as extreme but something like a truly energic, childish, impartial God toying with their victims and going on whimsical rampage kind of thing?

It makes me all the more curious to know what Xebec was like and he compares in being a threat, in being complete anarchy and thus unpredictable and such too.

Last edited by a moderator:
and given Joyboy is based on King Joyoboyo/JAYAbaya IRL, an Indonesian king, this could get VERY interesting potentially too.
From Wikipedia: King Jayabaya was known for his just and prosperous rule, and reputed to have been an incarnation of the Hindu deity Vishnu. King Jayabaya epitomized the archetypal Ratu Adil: the just king reborn in the dark age of suffering "Jaman Edan" (Madness Era) to restore the Jaman Raharja: social justice, order, and harmony in the world
If Oda really modeled Joy Boy after this king, wouldn't JB then be exactly this righteous character we think he is, and NOT a subversion of our expectations?

To put it all together, we have 3 lines of spoilers,

- Kaidou appears.
- Sabo is not dead.
- No break next week.
Post automatically merged:

Well it's clearly been proven wrong.
False.
The translation of the latest tweet was not that Sabo is not dead.
It is a psych out tweet. Cultural humour. Rough translation of what he said is "I did not write Sabo is dead XD". Which means he can be either alive or dead in 1054, no one knows.

For all we know, the whole account could be a meme, dont take it as a gospel.

False.
The translation of the latest tweet was not that Sabo is not dead.
It is a psych out tweet. Cultural humour. Rough translation of what he said is "I did not write Sabo is dead XD". Which means he can be either alive or dead in 1054, no one knows.

For all we know, the whole account could be a meme, dont take it as a gospel.
That Doragon guy is proven to be legit. Sure he trolls sometimes.

Crack theory time. Smile fruits originate from Luffys DF.
We know Caesar made an artifical DF a Zoan specifically. Smile users can only laugh too like Joker gas from Batman's Joker got them.
Mayve Luffys awakening can make others laugh too potentially? Or its meant to since hes Joyboy ofc? But what if he can force you to laugh?! Or he can only laugh and not express other emotions?

Now Luffy has been retconned to a Zoan, I feel this might actually have weight to it.

Imagine Luffy
This is too long for me to write down here lmao, the whole thing is literally an essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.