Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Nah

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • ZKK

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
I don’t doubt Koby having CoC. But if that was the case why did he yield to Alvida. Ace, Doflamingo, Luffy as kids were prepared to die, got tortured and still defied adults and stronger people.
Back to Luffy. He bounced back with 3 weeks. He had people there for him that raised him up. That way he was able to prepare for the future by laying a solid foundation through Haki training, Gear 4, CoC, etc. This type of coincidental leisure training wasn’t there for the other Supernova.
Luffy is just dumb. He is facing Aokiji pre timeskip when Aokiji didn't wanted to fought them. But later he is saying for his crew to run against Kuma and Kizaru. After timeskip he is running from BM after accepted a plan to kill her and stood a foot against her.

Every try to think logically towards One Piece will fail because Oda is doing random things on his work.

Luffy is just dumb. He is facing Aokiji pre timeskip when Aokiji didn't wanted to fought them. But later he is saying for his crew to run against Kuma and Kizaru. After timeskip he is running from BM after accepted a plan to kill her and stood a foot against her.

Every try to think logically towards One Piece will fail because Oda is doing random things on his work.
I agree with the last part. Trying to think logically in One Piece standards is not how it works. That’s why I started this thread by saying, “What I am talking about, doesn’t exist maybe”.

I love democracy.

But seriously good post. I won’t say that none of them are stretches, but even if a few are it seems obvious that Oda’s philosophy in the story is to reward characters who risk it for their dream and punish characters when they aren’t.

Ussop’s fights are a good microcosm I think. He always starts off running from his problem instead of facing it and then he pays for it with a serious beating even after he takes his stand. Oda resets his karmic balance so to say before he’s allowed to be rewarded.

Oda is a romantic so it makes sense for the world of his story to reward the actions of the bold.

Last edited:
I love democracy.

But seriously good post. I won’t say that none of them are stretches, but even if a few are it seems obvious that Oda’s philosophy in the story is to reward characters who risk it for their dream and punish characters when they aren’t.

Ussop’s fights are a good microcosm I think. He always starts off running from his problem instead of facing it and then he pays for it with a serious beating even after he takes his stand. Oda resets his karmic balance so to say before he’s allowed to be rewarded.

Oda is a romantic so it makes sense that the world of his story to reward the actions of the bold.
Usopp is a phenomenal character.
He reminds me of the biblical David who went up against Goliath the Giant.
David was a little shephard boy, the king asked his army of true soldiers to fight Goliath. And David was the only one who stood forth despite being small, weak, and a child.

With one slingshot fire, he killed Goliath. The King married David to his daughter and David soon became King.

Just having the bravery and action of taking on Goliath earned him a position as King. That's why I believe Usopp is destined to have Conqueror's Haki. No matter the odds, he rises up in the occasion to challenge his limits.

Usopp is a phenomenal character.
He reminds me of the biblical David who went up against Goliath the Giant.
David was a little shephard boy, the king asked his army of true soldiers to fight Goliath. And David was the only one who stood forth despite being small, weak, and a child.

With one slingshot fire, he killed Goliath. The King married David to his daughter and David soon became King.

Just having the bravery and action of taking on Goliath earned him a position as King. That's why I believe Usopp is destined to have Conqueror's Haki. No matter the odds, he rises up in the occasion to challenge his limits.
Ussop being rewarded by the story with CoC would be the ultimate example of this paradigm you’ve laid out. Between that and his lies propensity to come true, I think the argument for him unlocking CoC is a well grounded one.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Amazing job man, great parallel with HxH. Tag me in your next thread. :kata:

Just one detail, maybe I need to read again Fishman Island, but the part with sanji giving up on his dream would be a gag wouldn't it? As for Whole Cake I agree. He, like Ussop, is a character that still has several points to work on.
Ussop having CoC it's perfect.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The Roger Pirates had several CoC users, Oden could be accounted as only at traits a factual member however. The ones we know of were Roger and Ray, now we have Luffy and Zoro. Perhaps Yamato could have it and join and represent the paradigm for Oden. Assuming Oda cares about this parallel.

great post n very very interesting concept :pepelit:

however i try to defend Ace in here
see,Ace never really want to became pirate king or continue roger legacy
he is just want to know "do i deserved to be born?"
"do i worth to live?"
thats the only question hanging since ace young n marineford proved that he is worth to live :pepemotion:

so he bend his knee to white beard because of that he found his "family' his reason to live for ...
proof is he smiles when he died protecting luffy he is not live by regret but live with satisfied because his question answered ...

great post n very very interesting concept :pepelit:

however i try to defend Ace in here
see,Ace never really want to became pirate king or continue roger legacy
he is just want to know "do i deserved to be born?"
"do i worth to live?"
thats the only question hanging since ace young n marineford proved that he is worth to live :pepemotion:

so he bend his knee to white beard because of that he found his "family' his reason to live for ...
proof is he smiles when he died protecting luffy he is not live by regret but live with satisfied because his question answered ...
I love Ace too. But he did sacrifice his abilities as a Conqueror