Controversial The defenitive thread about swordsmanship skills and titles.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
skill alone don't provide potency..

zoro had Coc imbued in his All out attack

we dont even know if even with superior skill if he had Acoc or even adequate potency to do that

zoro literally has modes.. which go beyond what mere skill does
So zoro hasn't improved his sword skill since his intro since he's still using the same moves and according to your genius haki and strength don't count

Ushimaru clashed with Kaido - Kaido walked away clean.
Shanks clashed with Kaido - Kaido walked away clean.
Zoro clashed with Kaido - Kaido walked away with a scar.
Who's got the best copium among anti-Zolo pirates? :zosmug:
Zoro is on trajectory to becoming the WSS.. How about you compare Vista and Shanks..

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
No you said Mihawk having greater Swordsmanship Skills than Shanks doesn't mean Shanks can't be overall stronger as a pirate..
No, I was asking how Mihawk having greater skill than Shanks—which is what this thread proves—implies Mihawk isn't stronger than Shanks, which is what he thinks he's proving.

This thread does establish swordsmen with greater skills can still be weaker than swordsmen with less skill via Vista and Zoro or Vista and Shanks because we know both are stronger than Vista. But the thing he's trying to prove is Shanks is stronger than Mihawk and he didn't prove it because Mihawk is both more skilled than Shanks and is also the strongest swordsman.

Nah. Zoro has far better feats against the same opponent and that was before his power-up. Zoro is stronger. Vista is also a Grandmaster and Zoro mollywhops him at this point.
But then..

Mihawk Yoru > Ryuuma Shusui

Higher graded swords makes the difference in power too.. Still Swordsmanship, Ushimaru>Zoro

But one of the main arguments was "Mihawk's title can't be fake because Shanks is included in Zoro's dream" now that this isn't valid this means that Mihawk's title can proven to be fraudulent and this wouldn't make Zoro's dream fake since Zoro only cares about being strongest Dai-Kengo.
Good, good.
Well that was never my argument. Do you have any way of proving Mihawk's title is fraudulent?

So far 'World's Strongest' titles have been absolute until we are told otherwise, e.g - WB was the World's Strongest Man at the time he was given the title, until we were told otherwise repeatedly on MF due to illness and old age.

Mihawk is young, healthy, has a Yonko level bounty and no reason for us to doubt him. As far as I'm concerned, he's sitting pretty.

No, I was asking how Mihawk having greater skill than Shanks—which is what this thread proves—implies Mihawk isn't stronger than Shanks, which is what he thinks he's proving.

This thread does establish swordsmen with greater skills can still be weaker than swordsmen with less skill via Vista and Zoro or Vista and Shanks because we know both are stronger than Vista. But the thing he's trying to prove is Shanks is stronger than Mihawk and he didn't prove it because Mihawk is both more skilled than Shanks and is also the strongest swordsman.
l see in that case.. Why Vista has better Swordsmanship than Shanks, yet Shanks is still Stronger than Vista as a Yonko?..

Sandman said Zoro wants to be strongest Dai-Kengo, he knows more about translations than I do and I cba to scour through 1058 chapters for a panel of Zoro saying he wants to be Sekai Saikyo no Kenshi specifically. So I'll take his word for it.

Meaning Shanks isn't included in Zoro's dream as he isn't a Dai-Kengo.

However, Shanks is included in Mihawk's title as Mihawk is the strongest swordsman. So Mihawk is overall stronger than Shanks, and when Zoro surpasses Mihawk he will inevitably surpass Shanks as a result.
@Shanal @ConquistadoR

apparently Shanks isn't included in Zoro's dream anymore and people are agreeing with it, so Shanks being stronger than Mihawk doesn't make Zoro's dream fake since Zoro wants to be strongest Dai-Kengo and Shanks isn't one.
You should agree with this right? Doesn't go against one of the MC's dream.
:cheers::finally:

Vista Swordmanship >= Shanks
Vista Swordmanship > Zoro

Dai Kengo > Sword Master
And that's why the lookouts said that Mihawk's swordsmanship is EVEN higher than Shanks'? Why didn't the patrollers compare Mihouk and vista if the top 2 is a swordsman? Why didn't the lookout say mihawk's swordsmanship surpasses EVEN WHIST? Top 1 swordsman Mihouk > top 2 swordsman Shanks whose duels are legend. The end

also since we are using not the manga but vivre cards dont forget mihawk's VC mentions he's waiting for someone stronger than shanks which these candyboys will have to accept that Mihawk>Shanks now because vivre card
Because Shanks had as much potential than Mihawk before he lost his arm.. When they were both YC1..

Well that was never my argument. Do you have any way of proving Mihawk's title is fraudulent?

So far 'World's Strongest' titles have been absolute until we are told otherwise, e.g - WB was the World's Strongest Man at the time he was given the title, until we were told otherwise repeatedly on MF due to illness and old age.

Mihawk is young, healthy, has a Yonko level bounty and no reason for us to doubt him. As far as I'm concerned, he's sitting pretty.
Final enemy being WG, Gorosei having a sword and title like "strongest" being immedietly debunked as a common pattern in mangas.

Whitebeard never fought to the death against Roger while Garp did several times and marines even thought Garp soloed Rocks which proves that according to fodders in one piece Garp was above Whitebeard (for reputation) but they still gave the title to WB (who's actually stronger between Garp and Whitebeard is debatable).

King telling Kaido to keep being the strongest even when Prime Whitebeard was around, so meh titles are just reputation.