Character Discussion The greatest enemy the SHs have faced was Kaidou.

Do you agree?

• Total voters
S

Sasaki Kojirō

By the way, ONE PIECE will finally enter Wano next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, "You said the same thing last year, right?" Yes, | did say that because | thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time I'd like to add new information. I'll introduce one of the legends which lurks in ONE PIECE world. The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Kaidou, you see, has connections with Whitebeard. He was literally introduced talking about how successful Whitebeard was in dying.

Kaidou had a connection with Whitebeard because they were both part of the same crew in the past.

"The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way."
Yes, he is. Stop and think, Kaidou told the SHs that he killed Luffy not just once, but twice.

On both occasions when Luffy was announced as dead, the SHs broke down and fell into tears:

In Big Mom's speech, she says: "Kaidou?! MAAA MA MA MA... Oh, that's not gonna happen. You'll never beat that thing...". Here, "that thing" is a reference to Kaidou, suggesting that he is extremely powerful and defeating him is nearly impossible.

In Oda's statement, he mentions that something in the future will make the Marineford Summit War look "cute" compared to "that". In this context, "that" refers again to Kaidou, indicating that he will be involved in some event or confrontation that will be even more grandiose and intense than the Marineford battle.

Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Other things that reinforce this is that Oda didn't know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou, such a powerful enemy.
Kaidou is mentioned by Green Bull as the pinnacle of terror, his presence scared not only the Emperors but also the Marine admirals, the World Government, and the Cipher Pols.
And indeed, he made Marineford look like child's play.

Kaidou not only endured more powerful blows than those used in Marineford but also his offensive power easily has the capacity to destroy Marineford with a casual stroll, and he easily sets the new metric when it comes to finishing attacks.

It's hard to believe there's anyone more challenging for the Straw Hats than the strongest guy in the world; facing Kaidou is an extremely arduous task, and we've seen it being shown repeatedly, whether on the rooftop through the SNS, stating that their attacks were not effective, or through Luffy's history against Kaidou, where he even ended up being killed in the process after countless attempts.

Well, I could add more things, but I won't make a long post.

@comrade @nik87 @ConquistadoR @MonsterKaido @Tejas @Kerkovian @Philosoraptor @Fleet Leader Fenaker @DJOMOLO @Geo

He who reigns supreme among all living beings among earth, sea and heaven, the personification of strength, who people bet on emerging victorious in any 1 vs 1 fight.

To be honest, I'm not even sure Imu can beat Kaido. You could've made a case at the beginning, where Imu was supposed to be a naturally immortal being and an ancient weapon, with people speculating (s)he might be the personification of the devil or creator of the devil fruits him- or herself. Turning out to be a fraud who got immortality through the Ope fruit and uses a weapon from Vegapunk that needs preparation by the elders.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Orochi was right, even if World Government wanted to crush him, they would fail because Kaido backs him up.
Imagine trying to invade a natural fortress like Wano and and island-sized magma dragon awaits you... :saden:
Not only that, but Kaidou's battleships were the best shown so far, with him possessing the finest weapons by his side, as Wano is Kaidou's great weapons factory. The government would be lucky to climb the waterfall. LOL

With these superior weapons, Kaidou's ships would outperform the small navy vessels.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Lurking
2. His Relationship to WB is Highlighted, meaning "Unique"
3. You hear only Legends about him
4. That was from Jump Festa December 2017 (Kaidou already got Introduced & appeared couple other times)

It's not Kaidou, it's "Man With Burn-Scar"
He has Road Poneglyph that was on Fishmen Island which belonged to WB
So there is some Story to be told between'em Two

He is indeed Lurking, and People only hear Legends & Stories about him, even BB Pirates & an Admiral didn't know much.
Do you realize what it means that this guy is Sailing without Marine HQ & Yonko being able to gather Info on him?
Just wait few Chapters & you will see him on Egghead, He is interested in meeting Nika

S

Sasaki Kojirō

If Oda really was referring to Kaidou, what a letdown. Instead Wano looked cute compared to MF war. Tension, fights, Legends you name anything. It was fake hype

Post ts Oda has degraded down so much that i don't even have high hopes for the final war.
Actually, I find MF cute to be honest:
  • The biggest destructive feat in MF was Whitebeard splitting part of the island, but Kaidou lifted the entire island, already surpassing him in this aspect.
  • The two deaths in MF were Ace and Whitebeard, while Kaidou temporarily killed Luffy. I classify killing the series' protagonist above both deaths, not to mention the deaths of Ashura and Izo, Kanjurou.
  • Whitebeard has interesting feats of endurance against attacks, but Kaidou made him look cute, taking hits all night while getting up with a smile.
  • The war in Marineford took place on a normal island, while the war in Onigashima happened on a flying island, which is eerie. Just imagine fighting on a flying island. LOL
So, it depends on each person's perspective, for me, Wano was much crazier than Marineford.
Post automatically merged:

1. Lurking
2. His Relationship to WB is Highlighted, meaning "Unique"
3. You hear only Legends about him
4. That was from Jump Festa December 2017 (Kaidou already got Introduced & appeared couple other times)

He is indeed Lurking, and People only hear Legends & Stories about him, even BB Pirates & an Admiral didn't know much.
Do you realize what it means that this guy is Sailing without Marine HQ & Yonko being able to gather Info on him?
Just wait few Chapters & you will see him on Egghead, He is interested in meeting Nika
Yes, you're absolutely right, but I think Oda just rushed to say that.
His Relationship to WB is Highlighted, meaning "Unique"
Being honest, this person's relationship with Whitebeard is not described as being unique.
You hear only Legends about him
Not entirely, Garp is someone legendary, and not everything said about him is a legend, like the recent incident, for example.
On the other hand, the stories of the Rocks Pirates were indeed legends.
In this context, even though Big Mom has never been referred to as a legend before her supposed death, the sentence here indicates that the world sees her that way, which makes sense considering that her daughter mentions "If Mama were here," and the response is: "How's a new era supposed to get going if all the old legends are still kicking around?"

And this could mean that Kaidou is also seen as a legend.
That was from Jump Festa December 2017 (Kaidou already got Introduced & appeared couple other times)
You are right here, Kaidou was introduced in 2015, and the interview is from 2017, Oda might have made a mistake too, who knows.
Well, there's a great chance it's Saul, and I don't know why he would be the SHS's greatest adversary.
Kaidou as well, and not only that, but apparently control over the country of Wano is crucial to the story, with Big Mom suggesting that the "One Piece" is also here in this country, the issue of borders, and everything else.
Perhaps, we had a short story of Kaidou vs WB, in terms of going to Wano and waging a war, which Marco only revealed in ch-999.
Idk. But yes, we need to wait to know more about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, ONE PIECE will finally enter Wano next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, "You said the same thing last year, right?" Yes, | did say that because | thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time I'd like to add new information. I'll introduce one of the legends which lurks in ONE PIECE world. The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Kaidou, you see, has connections with Whitebeard. He was literally introduced talking about how successful Whitebeard was in dying.

Kaidou had a connection with Whitebeard because they were both part of the same crew in the past.

"The greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats will hinder their way."
Yes, he is. Stop and think, Kaidou told the SHs that he killed Luffy not just once, but twice.

On both occasions when Luffy was announced as dead, the SHs broke down and fell into tears:

In Big Mom's speech, she says: "Kaidou?! MAAA MA MA MA... Oh, that's not gonna happen. You'll never beat that thing...". Here, "that thing" is a reference to Kaidou, suggesting that he is extremely powerful and defeating him is nearly impossible.

In Oda's statement, he mentions that something in the future will make the Marineford Summit War look "cute" compared to "that". In this context, "that" refers again to Kaidou, indicating that he will be involved in some event or confrontation that will be even more grandiose and intense than the Marineford battle.

Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Other things that reinforce this is that Oda didn't know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou, such a powerful enemy.
Kaidou is mentioned by Green Bull as the pinnacle of terror, his presence scared not only the Emperors but also the Marine admirals, the World Government, and the Cipher Pols.
And indeed, he made Marineford look like child's play.

Kaidou not only endured more powerful blows than those used in Marineford but also his offensive power easily has the capacity to destroy Marineford with a casual stroll, and he easily sets the new metric when it comes to finishing attacks.

It's hard to believe there's anyone more challenging for the Straw Hats than the strongest guy in the world; facing Kaidou is an extremely arduous task, and we've seen it being shown repeatedly, whether on the rooftop through the SNS, stating that their attacks were not effective, or through Luffy's history against Kaidou, where he even ended up being killed in the process after countless attempts.

Well, I could add more things, but I won't make a long post.

@comrade @nik87 @ConquistadoR @MonsterKaido @Tejas @Kerkovian @Philosoraptor @Fleet Leader Fenaker @DJOMOLO @Geo
False.

Kaidou was Luffy opponent, not SHs opponent. Thus, Kaidou was only Luffy's greatest enemy so far, not SHs' greatest enemy so far.

All the strawhats didn't even get opponents to beat so it can't be that difficult.only people that got pushed were Luffy and Zoro. Usopp and Nami didn't even beat their opponents or show any new arsenal. I can't remember if brook fought anybody named. Neither did chopper. I think Oda confuses random arc civilians with strawhats since they do about half the work of defeating the enemy post timeskip.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
  • The biggest destructive feat in MF was Whitebeard splitting part of the island, but Kaidou lifted the entire island, already surpassing him in this aspect.
WTf does this even have to do with a "destructive" feat, this would tie to lifting strength if that?
  • The two deaths in MF were Ace and Whitebeard, while Kaidou temporarily killed Luffy. I classify killing the series' protagonist above both deaths, not to mention the deaths of Ashura and Izo, Kanjurou.
what exactly did "luffys death" make you feel ?

'cause people still til this day have a hard time watching Ace's death as it was meaningful and an act of selflessness and sacrifice. there was no real death in wano and Luffy's was so poorly written.. along with Big Moms if shes actually gone. Wano 2 worst "deaths" in the series meanwhile MF still holds the most impactful deaths in the series..
  • Whitebeard has interesting feats of endurance against attacks, but Kaidou made him look cute, taking hits all night while getting up with a smile.
Kaido was looking for a true brawl so it makes sense for him to take as many hits as he can his scales are proof of that and he's only been scarred twice si his durability/endurance have specifically been highlighted since his introduction so it wasnt a surprise or anything of interest and we expected as such when he one shot luffy like 5 times prior to the rooftop while also being 100% healthy and still well in his prime evidently shown with no restrictions meanwhile WB was the most hard nerfed character to ever exist he was old and sick and dying literally dying from a sickness, evidently shown when he was unable to use CoC barely even used base haki and was highlighted multiple times by multiple big names as such, while also underutilizing his DF abilities and took a gut shot from Squardo the one shot character who hasnt even been mentioned since.. Yet this is the dude you think looked worse in a battle of endurance and durability. In a one on one Kaido was never confident he couldve beat WB hence why Kaido waited until MF to finally make any move against him. That is even further proof fort he very little left that WB had in his tank Kaido pales in comparison to him.

This is endurance at its finest:

back to the original question no, no he wasn't not even close to being in top 5 of the SH's greatest enemies, Luffy's possibly even then I have Katakuri being higher than him, the stakes were higher and there was purpose and meaning and emotion in that fight. kaido was simply a fan service shonen fight and nothing more. hell i enjoyed Robin's fight more than the main event.

But the greatest enemy to the SH's is til this day is Kizaru on Saboady the dude was an absolute menace and the SH would've been legit wiped there if wasn't for old man Rayleigh and Kuma, followed by Enel, the crew was completely one shot and toyed with and force into a culling game where Luffy was only able to win and save his crew due to DF properties..​