The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

Holy shit, I just found the wind temple completely by accident…what do I even do here? I haven’t talked to any NPCs or investigated the regional phenomena lol, I was just exploring and found these ruins in the sky and kept climbing and all of the sudden…boom, wind temple lmfao
You can’t actually do the temple without Tulin so you gotta head to Rito village and recruit him

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Sentinel @EmperorKinyagi @Toby D. Dog @Nikuzi @Buusatan94 etc..

Alright, I just completed the wind temple after being epically denied access at the entrance due to not officially investigating the Regional phenomena yet.

This my friends is what I have officially dubbed “a Hylian cock-block” (also known as a Zonai cock-block).

Anyway, I’ll spoiler tag this post for any who have not visited the temple yet. Here are my thoughts.

THIS BOI!!! This is what I wanted from Breath of the Wild!! Holy Fucking shit I loved it!!

Alright, let’s calm down for a second and calmly and rationally discuss this dungeon.

So, immediately the aesthetic and lore of this place being a legendary Rito (or maybe Zonai?) ship floating in the sky amidst a giant tornado that no Rito (yet somehow my confused and aimless ass) could’ve reached was incredible. Having to launch myself from ship to ship flying through the air was a really fun idea for a wind temple and I thought this conceptually was just pulled off so much better than Breath of the Wild’s version of this same idea. If this mechanic accomplished anything for me, it was nailing the sense of massive scale that exists around this temple, and I never really felt that in Breath of the Wild.

The puzzles in this temple were…fine. Okay. Passable. Once again these just feel like shrine puzzles thrown together in one temple. I still miss the days of freeing all of the monkeys in the Ordon Temple or the interconnectivity of the Great Bay temple but really these puzzles weren’t bad. I did enjoy having to fly around the temple to locate the locks, that was easily the best part and matched up with the “wind” theme well enough.

And then there’s Colgera. Oh, Colgera.

First off, the sound track to this shit was amazing. Second of all, the exhilaration of this entire boss fight taking place mid air while I damaged the boss via nose diving through his weak points like a Hylian missile was amazing. Third, I felt despite all of the spectacle, he wasn’t walk in the park easy and there were still plenty of attacks that he threw out that kept me on my toes and gave me serious trouble dodging them.

Comparing Colgera to Thunderblight Ganon…I’m not even going to finish that sentence.

Last but not least, Tulin. Tulin Tulin Tulin.

So this is where the Temple really came alive for me, and Tulin in his own way is a microcosm of why I find this game far superior to Breath of the Wild.

Let’s compare Tulin to Rivali, the character Tulin is meant to replace. Now, I have no problem with Rivali. He was cool, he had a fun champion’s power that I enjoyed using, and lorewise he was pretty hype.

However, I didn’t really care much about Rivali. He was just kind of there, I found like he and Link had this off screen history that I really couldn’t see or fully understand.

Tulin on the other hand, is pretty much far superior to Rivali in every way. You actually see and experience Link’s history with Tulin if you pay attention to him and do his quest in Breath of the Wild. Back then he’s just some kid in awe of Link who wants to live up to his father’s name, so him coming back in Tears as a companion to fight alongside Link is just perfect, because it seems like I know this kid much better than I knew Rivali.

Not only that, but Tulin actually travels and fights with you long before you reach the temple itself and throughout the Temple. Rivali shows up just to speak to you and then to grant you his power after you beat the Temple. Tulin is by your side throughout the entire thing, granting you his sage power as well as fighting enemies himself alongside Link. As soon as I heard that Tulin was the only Rito who could summon a Gail, I thought to myself “huh. That’s like Rivali. So I’ll probably get his power after the dungeon.” But NO, he travels with you the entire time and fights alongside you! That shit was amazing!

Tulin feels like a character I know truly well and have connected with. I got to see pretty much his entire journey from young aspirational kid to Rito hero and wind sage. I’m completely amazed that they pulled this off from both a story and game design perspective.

Tulin utterly takes a humongous dump on Rivali as both a character and a companion, and the difference between Rivali and Tulin pretty much incapsulates how I felt about Breath of the Wild vs how I feel about Tears of the Kingdom. Breath of the Wild was great, but also extremely safe and just really took no risks, and it was obvious where the shortcuts were taken. Tears of the Kingdom is a completely fucking shocking slam dunk that seemingly cannot miss with me.

And then the entire Rito landscape reverting back to normal after I cleared the Temple??? I am just completely in shock. Tears once again just completely flabbergasts and knocks me on my ass.

@Sentinel @EmperorKinyagi @Toby D. Dog @Nikuzi @Buusatan94 etc..

Alright, I just completed the wind temple after being epically denied access at the entrance due to not officially investigating the Regional phenomena yet.

This my friends is what I have officially dubbed “a Hylian cock-block” (also known as a Zonai cock-block).

Anyway, I’ll spoiler tag this post for any who have not visited the temple yet. Here are my thoughts.

THIS BOI!!! This is what I wanted from Breath of the Wild!! Holy Fucking shit I loved it!!

Alright, let’s calm down for a second and calmly and rationally discuss this dungeon.

So, immediately the aesthetic and lore of this place being a legendary Rito (or maybe Zonai?) ship floating in the sky amidst a giant tornado that no Rito (yet somehow my confused and aimless ass) could’ve reached was incredible. Having to launch myself from ship to ship flying through the air was a really fun idea for a wind temple and I thought this conceptually was just pulled off so much better than Breath of the Wild’s version of this same idea. If this mechanic accomplished anything for me, it was nailing the sense of massive scale that exists around this temple, and I never really felt that in Breath of the Wild.

The puzzles in this temple were…fine. Okay. Passable. Once again these just feel like shrine puzzles thrown together in one temple. I still miss the days of freeing all of the monkeys in the Ordon Temple or the interconnectivity of the Great Bay temple but really these puzzles weren’t bad. I did enjoy having to fly around the temple to locate the locks, that was easily the best part and matched up with the “wind” theme well enough.

And then there’s Colgera. Oh, Colgera.

First off, the sound track to this shit was amazing. Second of all, the exhilaration of this entire boss fight taking place mid air while I damaged the boss via nose diving through his weak points like a Hylian missile was amazing. Third, I felt despite all of the spectacle, he wasn’t walk in the park easy and there were still plenty of attacks that he threw out that kept me on my toes and gave me serious trouble dodging them.

Comparing Colgera to Thunderblight Ganon…I’m not even going to finish that sentence.

Last but not least, Tulin. Tulin Tulin Tulin.

So this is where the Temple really came alive for me, and Tulin in his own way is a microcosm of why I find this game far superior to Breath of the Wild.

Let’s compare Tulin to Rivali, the character Tulin is meant to replace. Now, I have no problem with Rivali. He was cool, he had a fun champion’s power that I enjoyed using, and lorewise he was pretty hype.

However, I didn’t really care much about Rivali. He was just kind of there, I found like he and Link had this off screen history that I really couldn’t see or fully understand.

Tulin on the other hand, is pretty much far superior to Rivali in every way. You actually see and experience Link’s history with Tulin if you pay attention to him and do his quest in Breath of the Wild. Back then he’s just some kid in awe of Link who wants to live up to his father’s name, so him coming back in Tears as a companion to fight alongside Link is just perfect, because it seems like I know this kid much better than I knew Rivali.

Not only that, but Tulin actually travels and fights with you long before you reach the temple itself and throughout the Temple. Rivali shows up just to speak to you and then to grant you his power after you beat the Temple. Tulin is by your side throughout the entire thing, granting you his sage power as well as fighting enemies himself alongside Link. As soon as I heard that Tulin was the only Rito who could summon a Gail, I thought to myself “huh. That’s like Rivali. So I’ll probably get his power after the dungeon.” But NO, he travels with you the entire time and fights alongside you! That shit was amazing!

Tulin feels like a character I know truly well and have connected with. I got to see pretty much his entire journey from young aspirational kid to Rito hero and wind sage. I’m completely amazed that they pulled this off from both a story and game design perspective.

Tulin utterly takes a humongous dump on Rivali as both a character and a companion, and the difference between Rivali and Tulin pretty much incapsulates how I felt about Breath of the Wild vs how I feel about Tears of the Kingdom. Breath of the Wild was great, but also extremely safe and just really took no risks, and it was obvious where the shortcuts were taken. Tears of the Kingdom is a completely fucking shocking slam dunk that seemingly cannot miss with me.

And then the entire Rito landscape reverting back to normal after I cleared the Temple??? I am just completely in shock. Tears once again just completely flabbergasts and knocks me on my ass.
Glad you liked the wind temple chief.

Colgera is the best boss since Koloktos in Skyward Sword.
:christnally:

I recommend you book it to the water temple and get that trash out of the way so you can save the absolute peak that is the lightning and fire temples for last.

I'm really enjoying Tears of the Kingdom.

Completely reignited my interest in Zelda. I'll probably go back and play Wind Waker and Majora's Mask after I'm done with iTOTK and a few other games.
Same, I also finally understand why people use emulators.

If I wanted to play OoT and MM legally (the only ones I haven’t played) I would have to spend like $500-$600 total on an N64, a memory cartridge, the OoT and MM cartridges, an old TV that can support the N64, and all the associated cables.

All just to get 30 fps at 240p.

Fucking Nintendo lol. Why aren’t old Zelda games just on the eShop. Would be free money and makes no sense.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Same, I also finally understand why people use emulators.

If I wanted to play OoT and MM legally (the only ones I haven’t played) I would have to spend like $500-$600 total on an N64, a memory cartridge, the OoT and MM cartridges, and an old TV that can support and N64.

All just to get 30 fps at 240p.

Fucking Nintendo lol. Why aren’t old Zelda games just on the eShop. Would be free money and makes no sense.
Console/Platform exclusive shit pisses the living fuck out of me.

If this and previous Zelda were on PC I would probably play the fuck out of it.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Rank the following games:
OoT, MM, WW, TP and SS

For me it’s:
1. TP
2. WW
3. OoT (I don’t have the nostalgia bonus)
4. MM
5. SS
1. MM
2. TP
3. OoT
4. SS
5. WW

The big question in my mind while playing Tears is whether it will be able to surpass Majora for me. It’s almost completely unfair to compare a Behemoth like Tears to a 30 year old game like Majora, but Majora just has that completely untouchable atmosphere to me that no Zelda has matched.

Tears is right up there with Majora for me atm, I’m still undecided.

1. MM
2. TP
3. OoT
4. SS
5. WW

The big question in my mind while playing Tears is whether it will be able to surpass Majora for me. It’s almost completely unfair to compare a Behemoth like Tears to a 30 year old game like Majora, but Majora just has that completely untouchable atmosphere to me that no Zelda has matched.

Tears is right up there with Majora for me atm, I’m still undecided.
I feel you
I had the same problem with Botw and TP
Tears of the Kingdom, Botw and TP are like my holy Triforce.
MM atmosphere is peak
I have a huge MM poster on my wall

@Elder Lee Hung @EmperorKinyagi @Cross_Marian @Toby D. Dog @Playa4321 @Buusatan94 @TheKnightOfTheSea

This video shows one of the most impressive and craziest vehicle builds in TotK:

The creativity was already huge in BotW but if I see this video, I can definitely realise how much TotK even shits on BotW in terms of creativity. Seriously, the physics engine is probably the best I've seen in a video game. That's some small engineering work in there.
Post automatically merged:

There are also some heavy menancing torturing stuff against enemies and even Koroks lol. Some straight up show their sadistic tendencies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Elder Lee Hung @EmperorKinyagi @Cross_Marian @Toby D. Dog @Playa4321 @Buusatan94 @TheKnightOfTheSea

This video shows one of the most impressive and craziest vehicle builds in TotK:

The creativity was already huge in BotW but if I see this video, I can definitely realise how much TotK even shits on BotW in terms of creativity. Seriously, the physics engine is probably the best I've seen in a video game. That's some small engineering work in there.
Post automatically merged:

There are also some heavy menancing torturing stuff against enemies and even Koroks lol. Some straight up show their sadistic tendencies.
The physics and combo videos on Breath of the Wild still blow my mind, I can’t imagine what Tears shit people will come up with.

I completed all the memories. DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU HAVEN”T DONE SO YOURSELF!!!

idk about you guys, but if I were link I’d be beyond upset. If my gf were to turn into an immortal fucking dragon and had been flying around for who knows how many thousands of years with a sword stuck to her head I’d be fucking broken.
I think it’s hot because I have a lizard fetish