Others The Mafia Survey

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
Funny you said this because this is exactly why I stopped playing as well. I remember getting annoyed at users for literally spamming in the thread the last game I played. Then I get labeled as scum when I can't even read the thread.

I aint even in school but I am not reading these threads no more. I might sign up for light games if I like the flavor but I will swerve all them huge games. Imma just ruin the game with my inactivity anyway.
I mean, to be fair - you say that, but even in the Light game when there was no spamming and the game was rather slow, you were still inactive. I do understand the complaint, and it can make games hard to follow, but I think it's a little disingenuous to say it's the spamming that's turning you away and dampening your activity, when that would be your output regardless of whether or not the threads have a high volume of posts.

I mean, to be fair - you say that, but even in the Light game when there was no spamming and the game was rather slow, you were still inactive. I do understand the complaint, and it can make games hard to follow, but I think it's a little disingenuous to say it's the spamming that's turning you away and dampening your activity, when that would be your output regardless of whether or not the threads have a high volume of posts.
I was busy and the day start and ending was random. I literally signed up for this like a month or more ago. Why you out here acting as if I am lying, my output would not be the same. Clearly you seem heated from that game's activity but that wasn't my fault. I already told Flowa I regret signing up because I had stuff to do. I got pulled in because I'm a TOG fanboy that is literally it and yall angleshoot my flavor talk and no one played the game while I was online. You are 100% wrong for saying my output is the same regardless based on one game. My statement stands regardless of how you feel about activity last game.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
I was busy and the day start and ending was random. I literally signed up for this like a month or more ago. Why you out here acting as if I am lying, my output would not be the same. Clearly you seem heated from that game's activity but that wasn't my fault. I already told Flowa I regret signing up because I had stuff to do. I got pulled in because I'm a TOG fanboy that is literally it and yall angleshoot my flavor talk and no one played the game while I was online. You are 100% wrong for saying my output is the same regardless based on one game. My statement stands regardless of how you feel about activity last game.
The game lasted 4 Day Phases and you made 17 posts, 4 of which came after the game ended. I'm not "heated", though your insistence I am is noted. You were not the only player whose poor activity hurt the game, but you were one of larger contributing factors to that, and I think it's pretty silly to be complaining about how the high volume of posts have drove you away from playing when your activity was poor even when said complaint didn't apply here. If you'd like to see more slower paced games, then it's probably a good idea to make some degree of effort when you're playing one.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
Funny you said this because this is exactly why I stopped playing as well. I remember getting annoyed at users for literally spamming in the thread the last game I played. Then I get labeled as scum when I can't even read the thread.

I aint even in school but I am not reading these threads no more. I might sign up for light games if I like the flavor but I will swerve all them huge games. Imma just ruin the game with my inactivity anyway.
In the past I had enough time at disposal to bypass the spam matter but on the one hand life caught up and on the other I decided that if I tagged along again and played some more games I would make a robust effort to read better and spend more time to think through actions cause many players weren't liking my style; but all what happened is that the spam in the section increased so all the wind steered towards an unfavorable direction for me and I had to quit.

Overall I feel like avoiding unnecessary interactions and post inflation isn't going to kill the section, but if too many people will become busy like me that might be the greater paradigm shifter that could make players drop in that feeling oppressed by the volume of work playing a serious Mafia game demands, and the truth is the most interesting games are the ones with more powerful roles which usually happen to be the longest.

AL sama

Red Haired
β€Ž
In the past I had enough time at disposal to bypass the spam matter but on the one hand life caught up and on the other I decided that if I tagged along again and played some more games I would make a robust effort to read better and spend more time to think through actions cause many players weren't liking my style; but all what happened is that the spam in the section increased so all the wind steered towards an unfavorable direction for me and I had to quit.

Overall I feel like avoiding unnecessary interactions and post inflation isn't going to kill the section, but if too many people will become busy like me that might be the greater paradigm shifter that could make players drop in that feeling oppressed by the volume of work playing a serious Mafia game demands, and the truth is the most interesting games are the ones with more powerful roles which usually happen to be the longest.
if you can't keep u[p then you can choose not to as no one is forcing you to play simple

restricting players kills a game

Rej's game was the last game I played here that I enjoyed. The game after that was pretty bad. Sad thing is the set up was fun but I just couldnt read 50 pages daily. I don't even remember what game it was but you kicked the bucket early and Fuji brought me back. Everything else is a blur and I usually remember big games.

Maybe someone can host a small scale weeb game I dunno. I mean I probably won't play but it will spark some love in people again.

I agree that it won't kill games but people tend to get edgy when they are told they can't do this and blah blah so better to just play on your PS5 or PC or whatever you have. You can always go to do general chat to talk to mafia peeps anyway.
Host a Jestermania game :amazing:

Rej's game was the last game I played here that I enjoyed. The game after that was pretty bad. Sad thing is the set up was fun but I just couldnt read 50 pages daily. I don't even remember what game it was but you kicked the bucket early and Fuji brought me back. Everything else is a blur and I usually remember big games.

Maybe someone can host a small scale weeb game I dunno. I mean I probably won't play but it will spark some love in people again.

I agree that it won't kill games but people tend to get edgy when they are told they can't do this and blah blah so better to just play on your PS5 or PC or whatever you have. You can always go to do general chat to talk to mafia peeps anyway.

Host a Jestermania game :amazing:
I wanna play it not host it

:kriwhat:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
@Nana

I had warned you all guys about those spammers, but my proposals were all brushed off and now players feel more and more free to get wild in the forest each passing game.:josad: There's no way to contain their hunger for unnecessary posting.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
β€Ž
The problem about spamming and big games is...noone wants to host small games anymore and idk why it is the case. Clearly haΓΆf of the SRM hosts are barely able to handle it, no matter where they come from. Why is noone hosting smaller games we could easily host 2 games parallel and everyone would have their fair shares and turns as host.
Big games should remain special ._.
With all this SRMs being normalized, how will you distinguish a special game from it?
You burn out players on a regular SRM and then they wont be able to play special games.

I know I cant restrict the hosts, but I wish for more frequent and smaller games, I am tired of playing SRM outside of special games. And I feel bad for hosting SRM and contributing to the burn out whem everyone is doing it ._.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
β€Ž
I am glad I was the hero of the day when I went live with Kaguya-sama Love is War. First I didnt want to host it but afterwards it felt good.