Others The Mafia Survey

@Finalbeta thanks but I don't feel like killing the section by being strict
You sure you don't wanna step up?

A few guys spam so badly they make me feel like a noob, every SINGLE game I see people posting literally in the thousands. And this is not the Ground Floor. :josad:

It's not about the spam itself but I can't follow a single game anymore coz my university activity doesn't allow me to go through hundreds of pages constituted of one liners every damn Super Role Madness being played. I had to quit. It's not because I wasn't well seen by the majority of players, many WG users in general don't like me but I don't care too much. But I wanted to start playing games finally by properly reading and thinking through actions but that is not doable, regardless of how well I'm capable to read players. One thing is having solid reads, another is at least properly reading, processing and strategizing in order to play decent games.

Quantity is not always the key to have a section prosper, quality can make the difference too. Have never been so solid at this game but I can recognize such basic things such as the difference between a chit chat and a serious game where off topic and chatting should be limited much more in order to have the actual Mafia substance have the better hand over the useless content that has nothing to do with the spirit of the game which should mostly regard game solving and not unnecessary interactions that flood the game with unrelated content.

AL sama

Red Haired

A few guys spam so badly they make me feel like a noob, every SINGLE game I see people posting literally in the thousands. And this is not the Ground Floor. :josad:

It's not about the spam itself but I can't follow a single game anymore coz my university activity doesn't allow me to go through hundreds of pages constituted of one liners every damn Super Role Madness being played. I had to quit. It's not because I wasn't well seen by the majority of players, many WG users in general don't like me but I don't care too much. But I wanted to start playing games finally by properly reading and thinking through actions but that is not doable, regardless of how well I'm capable to read players. One thing is having solid reads, another is at least properly reading, processing and strategizing in order to play decent games.

Quantity is not always the key to have a section prosper, quality can make the difference too. Have never been so solid at this game but I can recognize such basic things such as the difference between a chit chat and a serious game where off topic and chatting should be limited much more in order to have the actual Mafia substance have the better hand over the useless content that has nothing to do with the spirit of the game which should mostly regard game solving and not unnecessary interactions that flood the game with unrelated content.
yeah there's a reason why you aren't running the section

btw I mean no offense

Good points here.

Was just highlighting how unfair things turned out to be for people unable to follow such long games that don't appear so organic, all considered. 45K+ posts is a sensational endgoal, it would feel so high as a magnitude on a Richter scale, just like a random SRM game easily bypassing the 15K range posts, but to what price? Having most of these made up of one liners with many of such not even belonging to the game solving sphere? Headache inducing one liner multi posting that could have been avoided, chatting, off topic.

The algorithm is clear enough: the more busy players will get in the future, the harsher it will be for them to still take part to the madness, I experienced it myself as I moved on in my life, and the rate by which some will become busier will most likely surpass the one by which things will naturally generally slow down in here as the section gets older; and when that happens, I hope those people will remember about my words today.

Survivors are boring because no one hunts them and they just claim survivor

Impose no claim policy on survivor and watch game drasticly change
I had a pro-town/survivor role in a previous game on nf (a members mafia) and p sure i havent claimed indie at the start, it was p fun, thats why i never get the hate for survivors

i was also kind of a doctor so i guess i had no need to really out myself lmfao, my role:
Trinity - INDEPENDENT

[Passive - Staff Sweetheart] - Staff players and players with staff roles cannot affect her with hostile actions or have their vote count for her.
[Posting Restriction - Tiny] - You must use the smallest font size possible.
[Active - Dont Lose Your Way!] - Protects a player from all hostile actions every night.
[One-Shot - Stepping Down] - You may give up on your abilities, including your Stand, and win condition and become a generic survivor.

Win Condition: You win with Town so long as at least half the staff roles are still alive.

--Id Stand--

[ID] - Id will ID you. I really don't know who this guy is. I'm sort of bullshitting roles. Every day you can learn the character name of one player. This will not reveal their alignment or abilities.
I did switch to survivor win con later on since too many staff roles died lol

One thing we could try is instead of having people just hosting games , having an area where players can suggest what they want to play, so hosts know that they will create a game that most of players are excited and more incline to invest time in, rather than trying to drag people in. Now ofc this would take away some of the fun of " oh i want to host that game " but it could be something to try and bring new people in
Idk, i personally like trying new themes, that's how i started reading ToG or playing genshin. If i get a cool/interesting chara or see someone that i vibe with, and have fun overall with game mechanics, etc. im happy (i didnt join the ToG game on oj back then, was just following a bit)

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I had a pro-town/survivor role in a previous game on nf (a members mafia) and p sure i havent claimed indie at the start, it was p fun, thats why i never get the hate for survivors

i was also kind of a doctor so i guess i had no need to really out myself lmfao, my role:
One of the best survivors roles I ever saw was SAD's Dimple in Monster Mafia

That role was the sole reason why some of us have PTSD for indies. It was mafia creation at its best

Funny you said this because this is exactly why I stopped playing as well. I remember getting annoyed at users for literally spamming in the thread the last game I played. Then I get labeled as scum when I can't even read the thread.

I aint even in school but I am not reading these threads no more. I might sign up for light games if I like the flavor but I will swerve all them huge games. Imma just ruin the game with my inactivity anyway.

Funny you said this because this is exactly why I stopped playing as well. I remember getting annoyed at users for literally spamming in the thread the last game I played. Then I get labeled as scum when I can't even read the thread.

I aint even in school but I am not reading these threads no more. I might sign up for light games if I like the flavor but I will swerve all them huge games. Imma just ruin the game with my inactivity anyway.
It is hard keeping up with big games lol

I also think smaller games are fun and we should have more!!

It is hard keeping up with big games lol

I also think smaller games are fun and we should have more!!
At one point I use to keep up with big games in OJ days, granted it was a lot of work but its awful here. I just can't do it. The longer I was here each game was more worst than the last and then I just got burned out and dip. Then I took a quick peep at some threads and I'm like yea yall probably wont see me play here again but I had some fun games. Especially ToL game with Kiwi. Watching TAC and Lind argue about who would be King is a top 3 mafia moment for me. I caused so much chaos that game that it was hilarious.

Games with about 20 - 25 players are manageable for me but role madness and the constant spam aint my style. I was always more into trad mafia since OJ days. I use to stay away from reg games because scum hunter Udell just don't shine in those and yet people look for it every game I played when its a super role madness game. Go figure kek.

At one point I use to keep up with big games in OJ days, granted it was a lot of work but its awful here. I just can't do it. The longer I was here each game was more worst than the last and then I just got burned out and dip. Then I took a quick peep at some threads and I'm like yea yall probably wont see me play here again but I had some fun games. Especially ToL game with Kiwi. Watching TAC and Lind argue about who would be King is a top 3 mafia moment for me. I caused so much chaos that game that it was hilarious.

Games with about 20 - 25 players are manageable for me but role madness and the constant spam aint my style. I was always more into trad mafia since OJ days. I use to stay away from reg games because scum hunter Udell just don't shine in those and yet people look for it every game I played when its a super role madness game. Go figure kek.
Games on OJ weren't that big

Or we got lazier i think 😂

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
26.Who is most likely to betray his faction?
"Flower" x10

"Flower and Shade"

"Betray as in buss or gamethrow? If buss I can see Light doing it if needed, gamethrow would be FB. If you mean change alignment if the occasion presents itself then its gotta be Flower lol."

"Flower. Also ez."

"flowa-scum"

"Flower, Flower, and Flower"

"Alibaba, zolo"

"ME"

"MANGO"

"alibaba aka blue"

"Rej"

"TAC"

"Not sure who game throws these days, maybe Midnight"

"Me, don’t fuck with me 😡"

"Mango, Finalbeta"

"Idk"

"Zara"
I would legit do it.

My indie self would surface and I would go rogue.

Truly magnificent