The most dangerous situations you have been in...

kid me thought it would be funny to walk on the riverbed underwater.
I equipped myself with a garden hose and a piece of styrofoam to keep the hose above the water on 1 end.
figured I would need something to weigh me down and keep myself from floating upwards.
easiest solution was to stuff my pant pockets with sand and stones.
it worked good. too good maybe. I was thouroughly planted on the ground.

the first 10 or so meters where going smoothly, but then the hose slipped from my mouth.
sight under water was not so great. I was lucky to make it back to shallower water where I could jump up to reach the surface.
after the first desperate gasp my friends ran in and dragged me out of the water.

for the following underwater walks I used a large stone in my arms as weight. no problems henceforth.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
:nicagesmile: Lol I unfortunately have tons of stories to share, but I'll drop one from my childhood.

I was around 7 and my family and I lived in Florida. My dad was in the Navy and worked on the local base where we lived. One day he, my older brother and I made plans to go play mini golf however, before we went, my dad needed to stop by his office really quick to grab some paperwork that was due on Monday. When we pulled up to the office, he told us we could hang out in the front, but not the back because there was a waterway there and it was known to have alligators in it. Yikes and cool was our reaction.

We agreed to stay out front and after he went inside the office, my brother asked if I wanted to go check out the water, and of course I said "yup let's go"; (we were kids, so if you tell us not to do something we'd most likely do it anyway). We walked up to the waterway cautiously and looked for gators. All we saw were just a bunch of algae and logs floating on the surface of the water. Thinking the coast was clear, we started skipping rocks on the surface, and throwing large stones in the water. Well I got a little too close to the edge and ended up slipping and sliding down the river bank. The edge was like 9 feet off the ground with a muddy vertical face, so I couldn't just climb back up.

So my brother and I are laughing our asses off at me being stuck on the riverbank. Well, we were laughing until I saw his face turn from joy to fear. I was looking up at him at the time and when I turned around, I saw what was one of, what we thought was a log, moving towards my direction at a slow pace. We kind of stood in silence until we saw eyes peer up from the water... lol that's when I started freaking out.

I yelled and immediately tried to climb that slippery river bank, but kept slipping down. My brother went and got some branches for me grab ahold of but they were too short. So at this point the gator was about 8 car lengths away and moving steadily my way. I told my brother to just get dad and he replied, which is now something we laugh at "no bro, I'll never leave you", lol. I told him to shut up and go, and then I heard him run off yelling for my dad.

I think he was gone for maybe two minutes, but it felt like forever because all I could do was just watch that gator get closer and closer to me. Suddenly I heard my dad say "what the fuck son" and when I looked up and saw him, I started crying. He told me to calm down and that he'd get me out. So what he did was grab my brother by his belt and lowered him down the bank. I had to run and jump into his arms so he could grab me and they could both lift me out.

Since I was covered in mud, I kept slipping out of his arms. So my brother said "grab my shirt idiot" (gotta love siblings). I jump, grabbed his shirt by the neck and held on for dear life. Lol I was holding so tightly, I started choking him out. In between breaths he told my dad to pull, and that's when dad yanked the hell out us and we landed on the riverbank.

"Holy shit" was all that escape my dad's mouth, because when I turned and looked back at the river, the gator was in the spot where I just was. I just stared at it, because if I was there any longer, I'd be gator chow.

So yeah, we both got our butts chewed out, were grounded for 3 months, and hated gators ever since.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
:nicagesmile: Lol I unfortunately have tons of stories to share, but I'll drop one from my childhood.

I was around 7 and my family and I lived in Florida. My dad was in the Navy and worked on the local base where we lived. One day he, my older brother and I made plans to go play mini golf however, before we went, my dad needed to stop by his office really quick to grab some paperwork that was due on Monday. When we pulled up to the office, he told us we could hang out in the front, but not the back because there was a waterway there and it was known to have alligators in it. Yikes and cool was our reaction.

We agreed to stay out front and after he went inside the office, my brother asked if I wanted to go check out the water, and of course I said "yup let's go"; (we were kids, so if you tell us not to do something we'd most likely do it anyway). We walked up to the waterway cautiously and looked for gators. All we saw were just a bunch of algae and logs floating on the surface of the water. Thinking the coast was clear, we started skipping rocks on the surface, and throwing large stones in the water. Well I got a little too close to the edge and ended up slipping and sliding down the river bank. The edge was like 9 feet off the ground with a muddy vertical face, so I couldn't just climb back up.

So my brother and I are laughing our asses off at me being stuck on the riverbank. Well, we were laughing until I saw his face turn from joy to fear. I was looking up at him at the time and when I turned around, I saw what was one of, what we thought was a log, moving towards my direction at a slow pace. We kind of stood in silence until we saw eyes peer up from the water... lol that's when I started freaking out.

I yelled and immediately tried to climb that slippery river bank, but kept slipping down. My brother went and got some branches for me grab ahold of but they were too short. So at this point the gator was about 8 car lengths away and moving steadily my way. I told my brother to just get dad and he replied, which is now something we laugh at "no bro, I'll never leave you", lol. I told him to shut up and go, and then I heard him run off yelling for my dad.

I think he was gone for maybe two minutes, but it felt like forever because all I could do was just watch that gator get closer and closer to me. Suddenly I heard my dad say "what the fuck son" and when I looked up and saw him, I started crying. He told me to calm down and that he'd get me out. So what he did was grab my brother by his belt and lowered him down the bank. I had to run and jump into his arms so he could grab me and they could both lift me out.

Since I was covered in mud, I kept slipping out of his arms. So my brother said "grab my shirt idiot" (gotta love siblings). I jump, grabbed his shirt by the neck and held on for dear life. Lol I was holding so tightly, I started choking him out. In between breaths he told my dad to pull, and that's when dad yanked the hell out us and we landed on the riverbank.

"Holy shit" was all that escape my dad's mouth, because when I turned and looked back at the river, the gator was in the spot where I just was. I just stared at it, because if I was there any longer, I'd be gator chow.

So yeah, we both got our butts chewed out, were grounded for 3 months, and hated gators ever since.
Sweet Jesus. Gator are scary man :/
Never run from one so I only can Imagine how scary it was.

I only run from a german shepherd and half-grown wolf:sabogood:

Was young, first time riding a snowcycle, the instructor was explaining to us how to ride. Everyone was listening. Not me. I was impatient to start driving. And so he started by telling us how to accelerate. That’s all I needed to know. I pushed the button and went flying. It was fun up until I saw a bunch of trees in front of me, I didn’t know how to brake nor how to steer. I rammed head first into them. Ended up with a scar on my forehead. The scary thing is, that’s not the worst that could’ve happened to me. Because right after the trees was a frozen lake. If the trees didn’t stop me, I would’ve gone into the lake and possibly died.

we were supposed to play football but since me and one of my friends got there pretty early and were tired of waiting we came up with a briliant idea
We found a small rope on the ground and tied it to the goalposts and decided to run and try to cut the rope with our belly like the runners do in tv :kayneshrug:
He went first and failed but i succeded i cut the rope and fell on the ground with my face but when i turned around i saw the goal is coming towards me ( for some reason we didn't check if it's stuck to the ground or not and since it wasn't even half the size of a normal soccer goal it fell ) the crossbar would have squashed my head if it was 1 cm closer i was lucky it just scratched it and caused just a bit of bleeding and a few stiches
Post automatically merged:

Jesus that is scary
I saw a gator once when i was swiming it was maybe 30 meters away i came out of the water immediately and told my dad but he didn't believe me and told me to get back in there :josad:
Spoiler alert i didn't and that's why i'm still here :cheers:

Last edited:

Melontonin

Blood Manipulation
I was young and couldn't swim and i wanted to use the springboard (I think that's what you call it in english) in a community pool. I didn't know that I wouldn't touch the bottom of the pool until I was already in the water.

The lifeguard didn't realise i was panicking in the water and assumed i didn't want to move out of the way so the next person could use the springboard safely. She was waving at me to move tf out, while she was on her little high lifeguard seat. I felt pretty insulted ngl i was legit drowning 😅 but i managed to panic myself to the edge of the pool and a different lifeguard took care of me and checked if I was ok.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I was young and couldn't swim and i wanted to use the springboard (I think that's what you call it in english) in a community pool. I didn't know that I wouldn't touch the bottom of the pool until I was already in the water.

The lifeguard didn't realise i was panicking in the water and assumed i didn't want to move out of the way so the next person could use the springboard safely. She was waving at me to move tf out, while she was on her little high lifeguard seat. I felt pretty insulted ngl i was legit drowning 😅 but i managed to panic myself to the edge of the pool and a different lifeguard took care of me and checked if I was ok.
:S Jesus

That must have been terrible

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
It was during the burial of a kinsman when I was very young. It was raining that day and I just came to the event with my uncle's family so I ran to my dad and sat on his lap. I saw his plate of food there and so I ate the whole thing. Turns out someone poisoned the food. My stomach grew twice the size of my little body and I was on the verge of death. Even being very young, I knew death was close because I was groaning it as a I slept.

All I can say is that prayers genuinely saved my life that night. My family says that god put me there to eat the food instead of my dad because due to his immune system being compromised at the time, he may have died if he ate even a spoon of it.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
I think it was somewhere in 2013 back in Vietnam, me and my dad were driving on a motorbike on the country side. We were drove at slow speed at the moment and then we pass by a bunch of water buffalo on the street and then suddenly one of them start charging at us. I looked back and screamed to my dad that the buffalo is chasing after us. And then my dad start freaking out and speed up but the buffalo still keep charging at us for no reason. The buffalo was like 5 meters behind us:crazwhat:And then fortunately, the buffalo started to slow down and walk away to the grass field. Here's how me and my dad looks like after that encounter

I think it was somewhere in 2013 back in Vietnam, me and my dad were driving on a motorbike on the country side. We were drove at slow speed at the moment and then we pass by a bunch of water buffalo on the street and then suddenly one of them start charging at us. I looked back and screamed to my dad that the buffalo is chasing after us. And then my dad start freaking out and speed up but the buffalo still keep charging at us for no reason. The buffalo was like 5 meters behind us:crazwhat:And then fortunately, the buffalo started to slow down and walk away to the grass field. Here's how me and my dad looks like after that encounter
Wow that sounds like quite the jumpscare

I'm glad all ended properly ~