General & Others The readers very low expectations (manga)

The current chapter had a rating of either 4/5 or 5/5 among over 75% of readers even though the chapter was literally 9 pages of fodder, two page of stupid ass pull medicine for Zoro, and then five pages of dialogue, after 25 years of writing, about Luffy's devil fruit. Most of the readers here are males in their 20s and this is considered 4/5 or 5/5? I seriously try my best to see how this is enjoyable but I can't see how yall like this crap. No tension, plot conveniences after plot conveniences--first it was queen helping the alliance then Big Mom helped the alliance, then some magic medicine to heal Zoro and now the walking plot device Tama is helping the alliance and much more, like how many conveniences will it take for yall to see how badly written this arc is?

The current chapter had a rating of either 4/5 or 5/5 among over 75% of readers even though the chapter was literally 9 pages of fodder, two page of stupid ass pull medicine for Zoro, and then five pages of dialogue, after 25 years of writing, about Luffy's devil fruit. Most of the readers here are males in their 20s and this is considered 4/5 or 5/5? I seriously try my best to see how this is enjoyable but I can't see how yall like this crap. No tension, plot conveniences after plot conveniences--first it was queen helping the alliance then Big Mom helped the alliance, then some magic medicine to heal Zoro and now the walking plot device Tama is helping the alliance and much more, like how many conveniences will it take for yall to see how badly written this arc is?
why do you care how other people visualize the manga? Most people here know that you hate Wano arc, but every week you make another point of how crap Wano is... What do you want to achieve? A global consensous that OP is mid in a OP forum? A bit contradictory at the very least. You and Sky should start a web page of your own telling people to not read this crap-ass manga... Grow up dude.

Continuing Sky's legacy i see
Yes he was my role model. I cant let him down.
Post automatically merged:

why do you care how other people visualize the manga? Most people here know that you hate Wano arc, but every week you make another point of how crap Wano is... What do you want to achieve? A global consensous that OP is mid in a OP forum? A bit contradictory at the very least. You and Sky should start a web page of your own telling people to not read this crap-ass manga... Grow up dude.
I want to know why people like this? Tell me what do you enjoy about Tama chapters and fodder chapters? I genuinely want to know why y’all like this?

Aight, we’re veering into whiny territory at this point…you’re entitled to your opinion, and I agree this chapter was not nearly as entertaining as most, but doesn’t this belong in the chapter discussion thread? You needed to make a separate one just to say this? :lawsigh:
my man Jew boy not cursing at me for once. Thanks for not cursing at me this time. But I thought it should be part of chapter discussion but it’s more of a general question on readers expectation which doesn’t have to pertain to this chapter. I just used this chapter as an example.

Because people who still watch it and care enough to rate it has high tolerance of Oda’s writing problems, those who can’t already stopped watching.
but why? Like are they brainwashed by all the one piece marketing? I want to know why so much of the fanbase like this nonstop fodder chapters.

Last edited:
Yes he was my role model. I cant let him down.

I want to know why people like this? Tell me what do you enjoy about Tama chapters and fodder chapters? I genuinely want to know why y’all like this?

my man Jew boy not cursing at me for once. Thanks for not cursing at me this time. But I thought it should be part of chapter discussion but it’s more of a general question on readers expectation which doesn’t have to pertain to this chapter. I just used this chapter as an example.

but why? Like are they brainwashed by all the one piece marketing? I want to know why so much of the fanbase like this nonstop fodder chapters.
I liked
  • Queen's hybrid form is super cool
  • Tama ordering fodder so the real fights can begin
  • Chopper's side effect is hilarious
  • Zoro being able to fight soon hype
  • Jinbei vs. Who's who backstory + fight
  • The hybrid form of Who's who is badass as well
  • Origins of Gomu Gomu No fruit
So there you go, I liked the chapter a lot so I gave it 5/5. Still got a problem?

Submit a 2500 word essay to Bogard and Pan on the inadequacies of the general user-base of Worst Gen.

Harvard referencing required, double-spaced, font Times New Roman, size 12.
Is that all? I will get that to you prompto. Looking forward to being the next worstgen moderator.

I liked it too before it became just a money making machine.

I liked
  • Queen's hybrid form is super cool
  • Tama ordering fodder so the real fights can begin
  • Chopper's side effect is hilarious
  • Zoro being able to fight soon hype
  • Jinbei vs. Who's who backstory + fight
  • The hybrid form of Who's who is badass as well
  • Origins of Gomu Gomu No fruit
So there you go, I liked the chapter a lot so I gave it 5/5. Still got a problem?
I like Queen's design too, Oda doesn't lack in talent in creating designs and art but that doesn't make the chapter 5/5

Tama ordering fodder should NOT have 9 pages devoted to it. We have so many unanswered subplots and yet Oda wants to devote so much time in irrelevant shenanigans like this. Also, it shouldn't take Tama and 107 chapters for the "real fights to begin". Also, odering fodder doesn't make a chapter a 5/5.

Chopper looks the exact same. Also, that doesn't make it a 5/5.

Zoro being able to fight soon came at a cost to the story. Oda scarified the quality of the story just so he can have this plot convenience of Zoro fighting. Why even put Zoro in a position where he needs an ass pull to get him to fight again? This isn't an opinion, this is fact that this is not good writing.

Jinbei + Who Who backstory that he was a former CP9 agent? Like hasn't this whole narrative of characters being secret former world government agents or marines been overused? X-Drake, Vergo, Caser Clown, Rosinate, and other characters that I am forgetting? Also, it was a very generic background.

Origins of Gomu Gomu fruit? We are 25 years into One Piece. There has been nothing about Luffy's devil fruit that makes it special. The only special fruit that has been talked about having some weird intrinsic characteristic is Black Beards Yama Yama devil fruit.

Dude, your rating is off. That isn't an opinion, it is fact.

Last edited:
I just rate the chapters off of my gut on how i enjoy them, i'm not gonna do a critical analysis of every panel to see what is and isn't "objectively" good about it, this is not some professional reviewer forum.

To me:
5/5 - Absolutely loved everything about the chapter
4/5 - Enjoyed the chapter a lot - This is where i put 1017
3/5 - Liked it but not much
2/5 - Meh, tolerate the chapter
1/5 - Actively dislike it

Last edited: