The reconciliation package in the United States need to pass or Climate Change is going to get worse and worse

I am frightened in our complete neglect of the climate crisis. No developed country thus far have taken any serious mitigation policies to combat it. We are heading toward the 2 degree Celsius catastrophe threshold, which at that point the damage will be irreversible. The oil industry continues to pollute and they continue to spend billions of dollars trying to prevent any type of climate mitigation policies. I don't think the public really understands the disaster we are heading to. What are your thoughts?

Oh no it’s gonna get hotter!!
:kuzanope:
Jk I like tropical temperatures and water, im Floridian
:ace:
You do know that climate change isn't just temperature right? Oceans will become more acidic and will rise causing flooding, meaning those coast lines will be under water. If we continue to ignore climate change, there will be no Miami in 75-100 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course someone from Florida wouldn't know the basic consequences of climate change. Florida is one of the dumbest states. Just a bunch of retired old right wing lunatics in that state. You do know that climate change isn't just temperature right? Oceans will become more acidic and will rise causing flooding, meaning those coast lines will be under water. If we continue to ignore climate change, there will be no Miami in 75-100 years.
Awe cry some more you goofy tree hugger. Of course you manage to drag politics into this lmao, im not political nor do I care about Miami.

I hope climate change happens faster just to spite you.

Of course someone from Florida wouldn't know the basic consequences of climate change. Florida is one of the dumbest states. Just a bunch of retired old right wing lunatics in that state. You do know that climate change isn't just temperature right? Oceans will become more acidic and will rise causing flooding, meaning those coast lines will be under water. If we continue to ignore climate change, there will be no Miami in 75-100 years.
You do realize its the opposite and florida is being hurt by climate change NOW?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's over. The Earth is done.

Just focus on your economics and relations in order to place your descendants in a good enough position to get onto one of the ships to go to the space colony. It's time for God to reset the planet for the next dominant species.

Last edited:
China can control the weather. The first experiments were succesful. In around 10 years they will control the technology better,and US will have developed it too. We're fine.
Otherwise,if you dont believe in technology advanment: are you ready to delete airplanes forever? To delete cars for good? To come back to the nuclear (and that would be good)? Do dont eat meat anymore? Because thats what you should do,in that case. Its your responsibility,dont blame politics

B

Ballel

We're fucked, it's over.

It's not gonna change beacause it's not profitable, that's it.

Welcome to Capitalism!

All we can do is hope Oda finishes One Piece before it all goes to shit.

:kayneshrug:
No offense. I like you as a user but you seem to be a prime example of those people who have already given up and submitted to this system. This is ine of the reasons we are not making sufficient changes. Because ppl who COULD contribute to positive changes rather chose to be depressed about the situation than to even try chaning something.
You have already accepted what you consider the 'inevitable '.
It is inevitable only in your mind tho.
No offense.

It's over. The Earth is done.

Just focus on your economics and relations in order to place your descendants in a good enough position to get onto one of the ships to go to the space colony. It's time for God to reset the planet for the next dominant species.
I already booked tickets to another planet.
Who the actual f... really wants to live in a space colony?? I'd never want to. Even if it were my only chance of survival.

B

Ballel

That shit scary to think about people fought even over toilet paper
In France, people were fighting for Nutella.
And then there are ppl / cultures who dont even use toilet paper at all. Its crazy how ppl fight over shit that is actually unimportant. Toiletpaper, f..ing Nutella (no one should eat this sh.t) . but somehow i'm not surprised. Most ppl are sheep who don't use their brains and fear leaving their comfort zone

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
And then there are ppl / cultures who dont even use toilet paper at all. Its crazy how ppl fight over shit that is actually unimportant. Toiletpaper, f..ing Nutella (no one should eat this sh.t) . but somehow i'm not surprised. Most ppl are sheep who don't use their brains and fear leaving their comfort zone
I can't live without toilet paper. If you want to use leaves to clean your ass, you do what you want.
I don't eat Nutella. The only chocolate I eat is dark chocolate.