The reconciliation package in the United States need to pass or Climate Change is going to get worse and worse

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Just

A matter of habit. Some use water btw.
Implying that the only alternative to toilet paper are lEsVeS -aka calling ppl who don't use it uncivilized- is lowkey garbage.
Toilet paper is essentially rainforest trees. We just flush the rainforest down the toilet. Just think about it
I will not scratch my butth*le against a tree, even if it's supposed to be the same thing at the start.
I'm not saying that people using leaves are uncivilized. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who are using leaves in poorest countries would like to use toilet paper or water.

B

Ballel

I will not scratch my butth*le against a tree, even if it's supposed to be the same thing at the start.
I'm not saying that people using leaves are uncivilized. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who are using leaves in poorest countries would like to use toilet paper or water.
Kinda didn't read my comment huh
You use toiletpaper bc you were taught to. It's actually unhygienic ya know

So my comment gets edited because I said something factually true but the other dude who wished death upon millions of people doesn’t get edited? How does that make sense?
Hey you didnt reply about the question if you are ready to say goodbye to airplanes and to eat meat. Because thats are some of the actions we should do to fight climate change.

hardly any individual decision would make the changes we need to see , it would have to come via legislature particularly to keep corporations in check. I am not aware of what climate change plans they adressed in the bill @lee33 but the parliamentarian is only an advisory role. if democrats really want it to pass, by all means they can and should proceed. The issue is reps like manchin and sinema are funded by industries directly responsible for large amount of emissions in the country. I would presume its the same in other regions where politicians are in essence funded with the industries responsible.

the acceleration of the development of electric cars should help but they also have to come at an affordable price for the general population should be a major help imo.
Post automatically merged:

Unhygienic? I didn't know.
Using water is more hygienic?

yes
:milaugh:

I

Indigo

No offense. I like you as a user but you seem to be a prime example of those people who have already given up and submitted to this system. This is ine of the reasons we are not making sufficient changes. Because ppl who COULD contribute to positive changes rather chose to be depressed about the situation than to even try chaning something.
You have already accepted what you consider the 'inevitable '.
It is inevitable only in your mind tho.
No offense..
I have already given up and submitted yes, because it is inevitable by my decisions and life choices.

Sufficient change won't come from the individuals, there are already studies showing that a single person making a complete perfect life change to help the climate crisis (I'm talking about not eating meat ever, only going to work by using a bike or walking and installing solar panels as your primary source of electricity) in 70 years of effort would only help save a single second of the world's climate crisis clock.

Individuals won't be able to help save the planet with little changes in their life style. It has to be a systemic change in all parts of governament and industries. The only thing we as individuals can do is vote for people who have this in mind in the elections, but nobody is doing that shit, elections always end up being a dumb popularity contest (in my country especially). There's actual 0 candidates with a chance of winning that have real plans for climate change. and Brazil, my country which is completely fucked btw, is one of the worst regarding climate change.

So yeah, throwing responsability into the individuals and how they have to change their life decisions to save the planet has been a shitty tactic used by companies since the 90's, because it's easy for them to do that and it doesn't actually solve anything.

:kayneshrug:

If you wanna know more, here you go:

B

Ballel

I have already given up and submitted yes, because it is inevitable by my decisions and life choices.

Sufficient change won't come from the individuals, there are already studies showing that a single person making a complete perfect life change to help the climate crisis (I'm talking about not eating meat ever, only going to work by using a bike or walking and installing solar panels as your primary source of electricity) in 70 years of effort would only help save a single second of the world's climate crisis clock.

Individuals won't be able to help save the planet with little changes in their life style. It has to be a systemic change in all parts of governament and industries. The only thing we as individuals can do is vote for people who have this in mind in the elections, but nobody is doing that shit, elections always end up being a dumb popularity contest (in my country especially). There's actual 0 candidates with a chance of winning that have real plans for climate change. and Brazil, my country which is completely fucked btw, is one of the worst regarding climate change.

So yeah, throwing responsability into the individuals and how they have to change their life decisions to save the planet has been a shitty tactic used by companies since the 90's, because it's easy for them to do that and it doesn't actually solve anything.

:kayneshrug:

If you wanna know more, here you go:

Society as a whole consists of multiple individuals. Giving up by saying 'all the others don't change, so i won't change either' is a bad choice imho
If everyone thinks like this it just becomes a never ending circle of missed opportunities. People are more likely to show responsible behavior when they feel supported by another's actions.
I'd say , better be a good example rather than a bad one.

Maybe you're just feeling resignation because you live in Brazil. Brazil has regions that are pretty much a modern version of the wild West. Environmental activists are being murdered in that country and your president is a complete maniac

I

Indigo

Society as a whole consists of multiple individuals. Giving up by saying 'all the others don't change, so i won't change either' is a bad choice imho
If everyone thinks like this it just becomes a never ending circle of missed opportunities. People are more likely to show responsible behavior when they feel supported by another's actions.
I'd say , better be a good example rather than a bad one.

Maybe you're just feeling resignation because you live in Brazil. Brazil has regions that are pretty much a modern version of the wild West. Environmental activists are being murdered in that country and your president is a complete maniac
My biggest problem is that i do believe society can change, but it just takes too fucking long.

for how many years have we been dealing with racism, homophobia and misogyny for example? sure, we got a lot of improvements in the last 70 years in these fronts, yet look at where we are right now.

No matter how many bad examples (Nazi Germany) or good examples we give to people out there, there are still to this day a huge part of the population that defends those ideals, in fact a huge part of those people are the ones that put people like Trump and Bolsonaro in power. Just take a look at this forum for example, there are quite a few users here that fall under those problematic ideals. Last fucking year the whole world watched in horror as police officer killed a black man in the middle of the street like it's nothing, yet the scariest thing for me was that people were acting like that was crazy / shouldn't happen, when it's happening on the daily everywhere, they were just blind to it.

The Climate Crisis needs changes now, not in 70~80 years, by then it will be way too long. Yet changing the way we eat, move, do things is A LOT harder to change than just accepting women and black people as equals for example, don't you think? at least i think so, seems way easier to change that then what we eat as a society. yet i don't see how we can change that drastically in the next 5~7 years, when it has taken centuries to improve a little bit on so many of these other problems. Climate Change has been a thing science has warned us about since the 80s and 90s, yet we haven't improved at all at solving those problems, in fact many countries have gotten worse at it.

Especially when so many of those same people that have given power to mad man like Trump and Bolsonaro also believe the Climate Crisis is fake and just another agenda by the left for some shit.

Individual acts matters. Some people just want Daddy State to force a global dictatorship where every country abolish airplanes and meat just because even them wouldnt live a lifestyle like that if not "forced to".

the world has been ending every year since I first turned on the television.
this will not be any different.
according to the telly I am dead 3 times over by now.

climate politics are a great way to keep the developing countries from developing.

heres food for thought.
the biggest carbon footprint have... humans.
a human life.
each human not born has more impact than any measures an alive human can take.

so, why is there no huge campaign to reduce birthrates in africa to fight global warming?