Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Who is gonna be the new Headmaster of the Sanji Fandom!?

• Total voters
Hey now, even if Sanji vs Queen might not be the best fight choreography wise, Sanji's character development were expanded even more. He finished his resolve of Germa by accepting who he is and by defeating Queen who is literally what Sanji is against for (using Germa technology that Sanji hates, wasting food/glutton, hitting a woman, doesn't care about his allies, etc.)
The whole forced Germa nonsense ruined the whole fucking fight...

Nah. I think that was very poetic imo. Sanji overcome his past (by defeating Queen) seals off the deal with Germa.
It should have been sealed back in WCI with his actual family and not this forced germa wannabe. Those germa abilities didn't do shit in this fight and honestly just annoying to see how Oda has to forcefully squeze in his Germa BS in everything and everywhere since the WCI Arc. It didn't even had any effect on Sanji emotionaly, he didn't even gave a shit about Queens rivalry with Judge. Queen hitting the woman was what triggered him - the germa was a side story that should have not been part of this fight.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
My final take on Sanji vs Queen is:
Sanji's fighting style is as solid as ever. Dude is now doing DBZ speed and flying around and shit, Ifrit Jambe, while underwhelming, might be a little better flashed out going further, either way, the ass kicking with the slick suit is back. I just hope that, with Ifrit Jambe, both legs ignite consistently, instead of just 1.

As for Queen, despite loving Queen as character, Oda really doesn't know how to hype these mecha fights. Hopefully he satisfied his inner "mecha-loving" author and can go back to giving Sanji cool fighters like Kuroobi, Gin and Jabura.
Queen is definitely the biggest reason this fight feels bad and clunky. He just spams lasers, then occasionally he does something else, then it's back to laser spam, then, on the last chapter, we get him using the germa stuff (not even using Reiju's or Judge's, btw).
In the end, the fight ended with Queen being, 90% of the time, a big and slow target, instead of the mecha-godzilla-dr. octopus that he could have been.

Hyped for Sanji vs Lafitte.
:moonwalk:
Post automatically merged:

NEW SHOKUGEKI NO SANJI CHAPTER IN JANUARY LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Sanji development is one of the best this arc. Don't let people make you believe otherwise.. this fight was amazing for Sanji. One of the bests actually.

Yes the fight should been little harder for Sanji. Oda could have worked on panels better and made Queen octo-self more agile rather than spamming lasers most time but that's not what fight is all about.

Sanji core characteristic is not just getting stronger like Zoro's is. Rather it's his character, his beliefs and his wanting to help Luffy become PK. And this fight achieved exactly all that.

First of all Queen represented everything Science was and powers Judge spent all his life working-on and Sanji overwhelmed all that that with his own skills and body that was deemed failure by Judge. That itself is better theme than all the fights combined in Wano :absojustice:

Then Sanji faced the biggest dilemma of his life i.e believing he had lost himself and had ruthlessly hurt a female. To others this might not mean but to Sanji this was unbecoming of everything he was. Sanji at this moment showed us his resolve by asking the last person he'd ask favour from i.e Zoro to kill him after the fight.

That is not all. While Sanji was in the heat of battle against an Calamity his selfless self first thought was which Sanji would his Captain Luffy prefer him to be. Which showed us how high Sanji priorities towards helping Luffy lies and his dedication to his Captain is.

Oda also rewarded us with some of the best moves Sanji ever did in One Piece i.e back during the Arlong arc. Don't know about others but that is coolest Sanji fight i have seen, and Sanji final combos on Queen look the same. This fight is gonna be Fire🔥 in the anime.

Oda also shut the haters by establishing Sanji importance, position and strength in the crew by announcing Sanji is the Wing of PK. Him being cook, not exclusively training like Zoro or not getting fight focus everytime is not going to change any of that. Oda already had Luffy say this back in WCI arc that without Sanji he cannot hope to become the PK. This reaffirms that.
I also didn't mention in the cool PUs he got this arc. Speed boost being my favourite thing which is what i always wished most from Sanji.
Saved the best for last.
Fooking Raid Suit is destroyed!!

The queen fight was imo pretty great

Character wise it was a 10/10 with his whole accepting his fate and finding his resolve

Power up wise it was pretty great, hell memories coming back was hype and with the context it makes the attack more impactful given how it embodies sanji's will

The exoskeleton was pretty cool

The Invisibility with super speed even better

And this seems to be an unpopular opinion on this thread but imo, ifrit jambe is pretty cool, I actually like this more than the flammes just changing colors because Diable Jambe itself changed and now has new properties, it makes me even more hyped to see a hell memories version of ifrit jambe

Queen was a great vilain, I loved the symbolism, he represents sanji's family and overall the only thing I was disappointed is him not using his plagues more

But I really loved his fighting style, he was really versatile and he was tanky af

Imo it's refreshing to see something like that, usually in OP we don't have these kind of fights where the opponent tanks every hit and won't go down no matter happens to him

Queen was surprisingly badass and I didn't really expect him to be that strong

He is a walking arsenal with an insane amount of strengh

He's like a mini kaido

He got burned alive multiple times, slammed around, took attacks from YC level fighters and still wouldn't slow down until hell memories

It was definitely sanji's best fight so far thanks to the development he went through

Last edited:

Doggo

Queen not using his plagues is realllllyyyy bad

I didn’t like the Germa powers into Queen. Not original enough. I don’t understand how Queen doesn’t have his own thing.
But he does.
NOt only he has the "non-Ichiji" beams, his Brachio-shenanigans, his dr ock claws, retractable teeth.
The plagues just seemed like Oda didn't know how to make Sanji deal with them, so he chose not to use them.
But a self Ice Oni with him being immune to it seemed like a no brainer, but whatever.
I feel really disappointed at how Oda went for cool stuff, just to brush them off half way.
But I'm still up for the Evil Sanji since I thought it could have been better if it happened AFTER the fight against Queen, otherwise the win would be Evil Sanji's, and not Sanji's.
But the "queen was the one who hit the geisha" part was stupid as fuck.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
But he does.
NOt only he has the "non-Ichiji" beams, his Brachio-shenanigans, his dr ock claws, retractable teeth.
The plagues just seemed like Oda didn't know how to make Sanji deal with them, so he chose not to use them.
But a self Ice Oni with him being immune to it seemed like a no brainer, but whatever.
I feel really disappointed at how Oda went for cool stuff, just to brush them off half way.
But I'm still up for the Evil Sanji since I thought it could have been better if it happened AFTER the fight against Queen, otherwise the win would be Evil Sanji's, and not Sanji's.
But the "queen was the one who hit the geisha" part was stupid as fuck.
Yeah but the whole monitor : the plagues : was discard during the whole fight. No viruses, no plagues, no new chemical weapons : 0.

Yeah obviously Queen cyborg stuff are his own things but really the Germa stuff powers were boring and uninspired.

I agree about the whole Osome fiasco and the I hit the girl / i didn’t hit the girl stuff. Was super weird.

Yeah let’s hope Evil Sanji is still a thing soon. Sanji fainted and then when he wakes up he is evil mode

Doggo

Sanji vs Bon Clay remains Sanji's best fight in the manga in terms of careography

Sanji vs Queen is Sanji's best fight in terms of its development, depth and power-up... but the careography was a bit cheap.
Idk...I like first DJ more than IJ, just like I like first gear 2nd use more than whatever BS Oda throws later.
DJ was something completely new and unique. Spinning so fast and converting all that kinetic energy into heat to overcome Tekkai? Fucking awesome.
IJ is just that but stronger.
I don't appreciate these "level up" techs that much. They are cool, but very cliché.

Sanji vs Bon Clay remains Sanji's best fight in the manga in terms of careography

Sanji vs Queen is Sanji's best fight in terms of its development, depth and power-up... but the careography was a bit cheap.
sanji vs mr2 in anime also godlike

1 thing i kinda dislike is nostalgia bait oda by making ifrit and beef burst mix kuroobi and jabura fight
i want more original choreofight art:josad: