Character Discussion The way Oda portrays Luffy/Zoro duo is totally different from Zoro/Sanji duo

why people hate sanji

• he fights opponents has the same level of zoro's opponents

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • he loves women in a speechless way

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • he kicks luffy to protect jeff and others

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • he looks weak but still strong at the end

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
I know most of members here are zorofans, every post hypes zoro receives lots of likes, comments
i'm also a zorofan but really like sanji's personality :halt:
Some of us are too sensitive and even aggressive that make us have a poor look about sanji. :sanmoji:
It is understandable cause they are dichotomy personalities. Love one side and hate the other end :fullmom:

However, sword man fans outnumber the foolish but romantic cook lead sanji fall into a pitiful condition, especially in wano, where the fights of beasts and swordmen, there is no room for a dreamy prince:hope:

round 1 luffy and zoro
luffy and zoro usually fight together or at least faced the same villain but the viewers did not receive much information about their power correlation :sighting: oda never gives a specific number about them:okay:

scenario 1: when they fight the same boss at the same time
in water 7, the villain handled both of them, which means they were both temporarily weaker than the opponent. (before that Oda let luffy dear and receive more damage from lucci than that of zoro. )

we have nothing to compare between them,
scenario 2 : they fight same villain but different time
i know it was not fair for zoro but he did not have a chance to beat him :seriously:

scenario 3 they fight shoulder to shoulder with weaker opponents :ronalaugh:

it is really hard to compare because luffy just did some subordinates and zoro took all the rest

scenario 4 : they fight each other:lumazed:

this was a good one, both are bleeding, for me which means zoro is on luffy level, if they want to find who is stronger it would be a very serious fight:kata:
but this happened a long time ago and not so frequently in the whole story, sadly :josad:

my conclusion: zoro could be on luffy level but it is hard to prove, not because zoro is weak but Oda does not spend time on this:choppawhat:

round 2, zoro and sanji duo
first thing, sanji sometimes does stupid things (mostly related to girs), shows signs of weakness even loses some matches and then in the end of the day he is right there, side by side with awesome zoro, :sanmoji::queenhear::luuh:

Oda likes to give a specific number of between zoro and sanji (and never does this to luffy/zoro duo) 2020 vs 2180, 320 mil vs 330 mil, 1.32 mil vs 1.39 mil
chapter 1023 there was some hints about sanji's flame and the next chapter there was someone looks like zoro :luuh::luuh:

it isn't fair at all but just the way Oda does, he wants us to fight each others, the more we argue the more he becomes famous

sometimes, the distance between their opponents is too small makes me think sanji can totally handle zoro's opponent. and sanji usually looks good after fights (not like luffy who can barely talk) :bamathink:

back to current event, zoro receives double damage but sanji also received lots of that from black maria and king-queen duo. if Oda ( or zoro fans ) wants to cut him out of trio-monsters, it is a great opportunity: :youcraz:
1. zoro defeats king sooner than sanji and goes up to the roof => this war will end :zosmug:
2. zoro and sanji face the same difficulty and win king-queen at the same time => speechless, Form is temporary, class is permanent :sanmoji:

Last edited:
I know much of members here are zorofans, every post hypes zoro receives lots of likes, comments
i'm also a zorofan but really like sanji's personality :halt:
Some of us are too sensitive and even aggressive that make us have a poor look about sanji. :sanmoji:
It is understandable cause they are dichotomy personalities. Love one side and hate the other end :fullmom:

However, sword man fans outnumber the foolish but romantic cook lead sanji fall into a pitiful condition, especially in wano, where the fights of beasts and swordmen, there is no room for a dreamy prince:hope:

round 1 luffy and zoro
luffy and zoro usually fight together or at least faced the same villain but the viewers did not receive much information about their power correlation :sighting: oda never gives a specific number about them:okay:

scenario 1: when they fight the same boss at the same time
in water 7, the villain handled both of them, which means they were both temporarily weaker than the opponent. (before that Oda let luffy dear and receive more damage from lucci than that of zoro. )

we have nothing to compare between them,
scenario 2 : they fight same villain but different time
i know it was not fair for zoro but he did not have a chance to beat him :seriously:

scenario 3 they fight shoulder to shoulder with weaker opponents :ronalaugh:

it is really hard to compare because luffy just did some subordinates and zoro took all the rest

scenario 4 : they fight each other:lumazed:

this was a good one, both are bleeding, for me which means zoro is on luffy level, if they want to find who is stronger it would be a very serious fight:kata:
but this happened a long time ago and not so frequently in the whole story, sadly :josad:

my conclusion: zoro could be on luffy level but it is hard to prove, not because zoro is weak but Oda does not spend time on this:choppawhat:

round 2, zoro and sanji duo
first thing, sanji sometimes does stupid things (mostly related to girs), shows signs of weakness even loses some matches and then in the end of the day he is right there, side by side with awesome zoro, :sanmoji::queenhear::luuh:

Oda likes to give a specific number of between zoro and sanji (and never does this to luffy/zoro duo) 2020 vs 2180, 320 mil vs 330 mil, 1.32 mil vs 1.39 mil
chapter 1023 there was some hints about sanji's flame and the next chapter there was someone looks like zoro :luuh::luuh:

it isn't fair at all but just the way Oda does, he wants us to fight each others, the more we argue the more he becomes famous

sometimes, the distance between their opponents is too small makes me think sanji can totally handle zoro's opponent. and sanji usually looks good after fights (not like luffy who can barely talk) :bamathink:

back to current event, zoro receives double damage but sanji also received lots of that from black maria and king-queen duo. if Oda ( or zoro fans ) wants to cut him out of trio-monsters, it is a great opportunity: :youcraz:
1. zoro defeats king sooner than sanji and goes up to the roof => this war will end :zosmug:
2. zoro and sanji face the same difficulty and win king-queen at the same time => speechless, Form is temporary, class is permanent :sanmoji:
What exactly is the point of this thread? Isn't there already a similar one?

yes sir, now fodder fights with 1.32 bil and super hero with 1.39 bil
Ah I get it, you want zoro and sanji to be equal. Sorry mate, that won't happen. Even if they have a rivalary zoro will always end up being on top of Sanji. It doesn't matter if they fight opponents together with a similar bounty. Zoro still end up doing more than Sanji, for example fight the main villain like Kaido, he already did and he will do it again after King.

the point is that zoro is strong, even can compare to luffy
and sanji seems weak sometimes but at the end of the day he stands side by side with zoro, and has some sign of same level
Sanji is nowhere near weak, he is the 3rd strongest after all. But that doesn't put him on the same level as a 2nd strongest who has a potrayal as the vice captain and who acts like a vice captain as well. The only thing where they are equal is in terms of importance towards luffy. Thats why they are called wings of the pirate kings. I am not hating on sanji whatsoever. I am just going by facts.

Sanji is nowhere near weak, he is the 3rd strongest after all. But that doesn't put him on the same level as a 2nd strongest who has a potrayal as the vice captain and who acts like a vice captain as well. The only thing where they are equal is in terms of importance towards luffy. Thats why they are called wings of the pirate kings. I am not hating on sanji whatsoever. I am just going by facts.
why oda does not give king stand out of queen like king 1.69 bil, or king 1.39 and jack 1 bil queen 1.05 bil or something like that

why oda does not give king stand out of queen like king 1.69 bil, or king 1.39 and jack 1 bil queen 1.05 bil or something like that
I guess the reason for it is simple. Its really hard to increase a bounty past 400million. So every difference on the billion mark is like a huge gap, even if it seems like otherwise. Oda confirmed that King is leading the Beast Pirates in the absence of Kaido and that only Kaido is stronger than him on the vivre cards. King also was on his way with Kaido to MF, there was no Queen or Jack.

I guess the reason for it is simple. Its really hard to increase a bounty past 400million. So every difference on the billion mark is like a huge gap, even if it seems like otherwise. Oda confirmed that King is leading the Beast Pirates in the absence of Kaido and that only Kaido is stronger than him on the vivre cards. King also was on his way with Kaido to MF, there was no Queen or Jack.
i agree with you king are leader for sure but we have big mom, kaido and shank over billions and they have some millions difference in bounty. but it really hard to tell who is stronger