Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Only mentally retarded people who've had their brains corrupted by Zorotardism are the ones who think that Shanks fits the established criteria of ''swordsmanship''

Shanks, like Roger, beat their opponents by shooting haki, they don't use cutting skills, anyone who doesn't understand this should at least go back to elementary school
You are fucked in the head.

Everyone in the New World uses Haki. The only thing people differ from each other is the fighting style they use to whip out their Haki reserves.

Shanks uses Swordsmanship to channel his Haki. He is not sending any fucking Haki bars or shooting Haki.

You may need that Elementary School run, not us.

But then if you go with that you must keep it a hundred and think the same for Zoro and Sanji lol..
That’s a different situation, no?

I love Sanji more than the next guy but even I can see why Zoro fans don’t want them to be equal or relative

At the end of the day Sanji is a cook that just so happens to be strong

Zoro is a prodigal swordsman that’s been working his ass off since he was young to reach the top

Hell, look at what they do on the ship

Zoro trains all day while all Sanji does is cook

I can see how the idea of them being equal or relative is off putting

Zoro v Monet.
A perfect vertical slash, cleanly cuts her in two.
Perfect Slash.

Zoro v Pica
Perfectly and cleanly cuts through a mountain horizontally.
Perfect Slash.

Mihawk in Marineford.
Cleanly slices a giant iceberg in two, not one single crack in an entire mountain.
Perfect Slash.

Shanks v Kid
Chunks and pieces of broken metal flying all over.
Visible cracks and destruction on the metal structure.
Metal is bent and crumbled.
Not a perfect slash, more closely related to smashing something with a sword.
There is a difference between oden,zoro and kinemon or people who use swords like gol d roger and shanks. True swordsmen like zoro always announce their sword style like oden nitoryu and zoro santoryu kinemon fox fire. It’s different, swordsmanship is a way of life for true swordsman. While shanks and roger use a sword and have good sword skills with the blade but its a just a tool to transmit their power

There is a difference between oden,zoro and kinemon or people who use swords like gol d roger and shanks. True swordsmen like zoro always announce their sword style like oden nitoryu and zoro santoryu kinemon fox fire. It’s different, swordsmanship is a way of life for true swordsman. While shanks and roger use a sword and have good sword skills with the blade but its a just a tool to transmit their power
Lmao i didn't know the "tRuE SwOrDsMAn" argument still existed:kailaugh::kailaugh::lulz:

What's your thoughts on this my friend :endthis:
He's 100% a swordsman and Mihawk is the WSS. The only way this ever "changes" from a pure power perspective is if Oda either randomly decides to have Shanks fight without a sword, or that we've somehow been lied to the entire story, thereby ruining Zoro's dream and Mihawks purpose.

My "guess" is that Shanks either ultimately loses to Luffy at or near Laugh Tale (yes, Luffy imo, not Blackbeard) before Zoro even fights Mihawk (at the EoS), thereby supporting the standard idea of the WSS, or that both Shanks and Mihawk are fought at the absolute end of the series are considered "rough" equals by some contradictory Oda logic (similar to how Shanks just obliterated Kid while the WSC and his apparent equal couldnt even do in a quicker timeframe). I do keep bringing up 199 cm vs 198 cm half assedly, but I merely am poking fun at the fact that it is not beneath Oda to somehow make Shanks "edge out" Mihawk on some technicality. Do I believe it? Not currently, no, but I just can see him doing it because thats what he does.

I personally dislike using Shanks (or any swordsman) feats to prove Mihawk is stronger though, but thats really just Oda's fault with how he portrays Shanks vs any other character in the story, and not the fault of the Mihawk/Zoro fanbase.

I really still think Mihawk cutting the tidal wave casually is still one of the most impressive things Oda has shown in this manga. Sure, Law has cut PH with his powers, but Mihawk cut a wave the size of Marineford purely through finesse alone, and without effort. I feel like this is still the only argument Mihawk fans need, that and the fact that he seems to be the only living black blade user (assuming Ryo is not one).