Character Discussion Thoughts on Akainu as a character during the Marineford arc?

akainu was great because in terms of evil, he only has bb as equivalent from the pirates, but no other marine lives up to him. he alsmot ended the manga right there.
BB doesn’t really seem as evil as Akainu, like Akainu wanted to kill Luffy and Ace simply because of their blood and potential threat, he turned Whitebeards allies against him, killed other Marines for his own justice. He’s ruthless but BB is only doing things to advance his own goals most people just call him evil because of thatch and ace but we don’t know his true goals. ITS ALL FOR THE GREATER GOOD

BB doesn’t really seem as evil as Akainu, like Akainu wanted to kill Luffy and Ace simply because of their blood and potential threat, he turned Whitebeards allies against him, killed other Marines for his own justice. He’s ruthless but BB is only doing things to advance his own goals most people just call him evil because of thatch and ace but we don’t know his true goals. ITS ALL FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Whatever Blackbeard's goals are it's certainely not for the greater good, it's clear that the guy doesn't give a shit about others who aren't members of his crew and even he didn't hesitate to betray and murder those who had welcomed him and treated him as a friend/family member for decades which means that he'll treat you well only as long as you aren't an obstacle in his plans.

He was the last admiral to be introduced and that happened in this arc so he got the shine, for sure he was the one to shine the most in the marine side, even more than Sengoku who should have been the leader and main asset. Yet there was also WB introduced there and he had way more hype than Akainu so in the end Akainu was good and all but ultimayely used to hype WB as other characters like BB etc. Then WB died and that was also a reason to hype him more, first and last appearance of the strongest OP character alive.

Last edited:
Onigashima war will be dope too when colored
I dunno if it’s just me but some chapters on Wano don’t look that great to me like compare 1000 to other chapters. Chapter 1000 art and 1001 was meh for me besides like the final panel like most panels I couldn’t even see peoples faces just looked a bit off

Akainu was a great antagonist for the war, while he wasn't necessarely the strongest marine and wasn't sappred from being hindered by plot armor on Luffy and Whitebeard's side (with Whitebeard being stronger but very sick, Akainu could have killed him if he aimed for the head or the heart instead of the belly) he was certainely the most active and dangerous of the marines thanks to his serious nature, fanatism, cunning and his lava devil fruit. It was great to see a very serious and non-comedic antagonist who could darken the story and represent the dark side of the Navy with the fanatic "Absolute Justice" ideology.

Whatever Blackbeard's goals are it's certainely not for the greater good, it's clear that the guy doesn't give a shit about others who aren't members of his crew and even he didn't hesitate to betray and murder those who had welcomed him and treated him as a friend/family member for decades which means that he'll treat you well only as long as you aren't an obstacle in his plans.
I mean greater of the story my bad

I dunno if it’s just me but some chapters on Wano don’t look that great to me like compare 1000 to other chapters. Chapter 1000 art and 1001 was meh for me besides like the final panel like most panels I couldn’t even see peoples faces just looked a bit off
I liked it tbh
Keep in mind tha the landscape will look something like this
I'm pretty sure Onigashima will surpass even Marineford
:myman:

It was really cool to see an antagonist not being too handicapped by plot and being treated seriously for the entirety of an arc.
Post automatically merged:

I never hated him for killing Ace, I was honnestly never a fan of Ace and he wasted his chance to live and all his brother, friends and adoptive father's efforts for a petty and stupid reason.

And to this day there is still no source for this. Why even believe such bullshit? There's no way Sakazuki, the most intimidating and developed marine in the story, would have been killed in the same arc he was introduced. That arc set him up as a scary force that Luffy would ultimately face in the future, killing him would have wasted all his involvement in the first place. Not to mention that by his personality, you can already tell he'd last till the end, otherwise Oda would only have "good" marines left and there would be no pressure for the Strawhats.
Chill bud !

stupid.
pulling cowardly moves and then acting smug towards Ace.
instead of being at the frontline all the time hes off killing his allies.
also he attempted to murder Coby.
at least his fruit is ok.

pretty bad writing that Ace fell for his nonsense, but here we are.

pulling cowardly moves and then acting smug towards Ace.
Sengoku's plan. Not his own.

instead of being at the frontline all the time hes off killing his allies.
He was on the frontline at all hime, he went to 1V1 WB all by himself, never ran from anyone, was the first to lead the chase after Luffy/The commanders

also he attempted to murder Coby.
Yea so what?
Coby put his body and life on the line to DEFEND PIRATES.
They came to Marineford, no one invited them, they came and started a war, killing tons of Marines, and now Akainu should just let them leave like they've done no wrong? Lol fuck this.

Sengoku's plan. Not his own.
this does not matter at all.
He was on the frontline at all hime
did he have time to kill his own fellow Marines or not?
idk about you, but I do not think very highly of deliberate friendly fire.
Coby put his body and life on the line to DEFEND PIRATES.
Coby asked for all the fighting to stop. he tried to save lives indiscriminately, not just pirates. Coby was in the right and Sengoku agreed. he called the Marines off.
They came to Marineford, no one invited them, they came and started a war, killing tons of Marines
the Marines started this by making Ace execution a public affair. you try to twist facts here. the Marines openly challenged WB. they knew what was going to happen and accepted it.
Akainu should just let them leave like they've done no wrong?
like Akainu got away with murdering innocents?
Akainus actions were causing more casualties. the Pirates were about to retreat and the fighting would subside unless 1 side kept pushing it. which he did. of course he was supposed to stop. that was the whole point of Cobys interference.