Character Discussion Thoughts on Akainu as a character during the Marineford arc?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
He certainly had a presence. Oda gave him a lot more respect than his fellow Admirals, just in how he was drawn and withheld. I'm generally positive towards Akainu here, because he's a very effective bad guy for the arc. He takes charge when he has to, his ideology is fairly simple to see and understand what motivates him. Likewise his powers are devastating and his temper unrestricted on who he'll lash out on. Routinely getting in Whitebeard's way and then murdering Ace, later pursuing Luffy with a Slasher Villain mentality only to be halted by the combined efforts of the Whitebeard pirates? Yeah, that's a little cool.

I like Akainu more than the average character. Doesn't crack my top 12. Maybe my top 15.

I have heard that Oda wanted to kill him but later changed his mind. I guess that's why he was shown so reckless against WB. However he was the most unforgotten character from Marine side...
It’s fake. Akainu possesses Devil Fruit with the most destructive power. And he has potential and power to end One Piece in one year if he is the main character. Oda wouldn't let him be killed by an old timer pirate.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Epitome of greatness!
Killing Ace is the best thing that a character did in this manga, Papakuzi is the hero we need but not the hero we deserve (?) Or something

I have heard that Oda wanted to kill him but later changed his mind. I guess that's why he was shown so reckless against WB. However he was the most unforgotten character from Marine side...
And to this day there is still no source for this. Why even believe such bullshit? There's no way Sakazuki, the most intimidating and developed marine in the story, would have been killed in the same arc he was introduced. That arc set him up as a scary force that Luffy would ultimately face in the future, killing him would have wasted all his involvement in the first place. Not to mention that by his personality, you can already tell he'd last till the end, otherwise Oda would only have "good" marines left and there would be no pressure for the Strawhats.