Character Discussion To what extent have the Yonko delivered thus far?

What's your take?

• Total voters

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Yes. Zoro and sanji will make short work of them and defeat them lower end of high diff lol
Post automatically merged:

I agree if you are talking about in terms of character. Watching the anime now I think Kaido was OK. Oda didn't allow him to do anything pre war like he did with doffy and his backstory was meh and nothing special. Still I think he was okayish

In terms of feats he was amazing imo
Post automatically merged:

You think MF WB showed better feats than Kaido? LMFAO
Old, sick and weakend Whitebeard not only far stronger than clownfish Crydo he also has better endurance than seiryu Zoan empowered Crydo and soul empowered Bigger Meme

Horrible, Big Mom is ugly and annoying, her only purpose is being a plot device that changes her personality the instant the straw hats need to get bailed out.

Kaido is boring, his figthing style is just swinging his giant club around, Luffy carried that fight against him and him having PTSD because Oden cut him once was pathetic, couldn't even kill the waste of space scabbards

Shanks is weird, he just shows up every 400 chapters and has a moment Oda thinks is cool when it just feels forced, I really dislike his presence in the story, also 70% of his character is just Luffy cheerleading

Bb is neutral, if he kills Law he will be great and I will love him

Horrible, Big Mom is ugly and annoying, her only purpose is being a plot device that changes her personality the instant the straw hats need to get bailed out.

Kaido is boring, his figthing style is just swinging his giant club around, Luffy carried that fight against him and him having PTSD because Oden cut him once was pathetic, couldn't even kill the waste of space scabbards

Shanks is weird, he just shows up every 400 chapters and has a moment Oda thinks is cool when it just feels forced, I really dislike his presence in the story, also 70% of his character is just Luffy cheerleading

Perfectly said. Shanks can be redeemed if Oda focus. Kaidoj potential was heavily ruined because of Oda samurai fetish.
Blackbeard is good. Atleast he is consistent with his personality. He is not giving typical edgelord villain vibes. He is more of a true pirate. Yeah, he should kill Law but I wonder Oda will have guts to let Law a fan favorite character die. I mean he did in the past with Ace but ofcourse it is very important for the story but hope he kills Law and get Immortal surgery. That way stakes will be very high.

Not sure why people think Shanks is cheerleading lol. Anyone whos actually read the scene on my profile pic (Chapter 902) should get that his intent with Luffy isn't all good...which then he meets with tye Gorosei to talk about a "certain pirate"

The one post-Wano is even weirder, because now he has explicit intent to go afrer Luffy's fleet and One Piece.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Not sure why people think Shanks is cheerleading lol. Anyone whos actually read the scene on my profile pic (Chapter 902) should get that his intent with Luffy isn't all good...which then he meets with tye Gorosei to talk about a "certain pirate"

The one post-Wano is even weirder, because now he has explicit intent to go afrer Luffy's fleet and One Piece.
Headcaon

Big Mom was initially set up as scarier/more intimidating than Kaido.
But once Oda wrote the words "his hobby is suicide" I feel he put all his stocks into Kaido hype, in the process dehyping Big Mom any chance he got.

And she's a woman in One Piece, which means she can't ever be as strong and imposing as the men. Kuina was right all along.

Thé Gokage aren’t that interesting at all

Tsunade is cool and explored, Gaara was cool but soon became bland as hell, Onoki was nice too but overall not an insane group at al

WB, Shanks, and BB are better than them and Yonko are better as a group
I wasn't referring to which was more enjoyable to read as that is subjective, I was referring to which was written better and that is clearly the kages.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I wasn't referring to which was more enjoyable to read as that is subjective, I was referring to which was written better and that is clearly the kages.
Don’t think so really

Ay/Onoki/Gaara (as a Kage)/Mei aren’t that greatly written.

They are okay character writing wise or totally bland. Gaara once he became nice became soulless as hell. Mei has nothing to her character. Ay and especially Onoki were okay and even nice. But nothing amazing character and writing wise.

Danzo is a far better character than all combined for exemple.

Don’t think so really

Ay/Onoki/Gaara (as a Kage)/Mei aren’t that greatly written.

They are okay character writing wise or totally bland. Gaara once he became nice became soulless as hell. Mei has nothing to her character. Ay and especially Onoki were okay and even nice. But nothing amazing character and writing wise.

Danzo is a far better character than all combined for exemple.
Wait huh? Gaara isn't well written? Gaara if anything is one of the best written characters in Naruto by far. The backstory of being the same as Naruto, overcoming that, becoming Kage, Gaara vs Deidera, dying, then leading the entire shonibi army all while giving an epic speech? If Gaara isn't a well written character then we simply have different defintions of well written characters.

Danzo I agree is a great character.

Onoki I agree there wasn't much to his character. But Tsunade, Gaara, Danzo, Raikage are clearly better written than Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Wait huh? Gaara isn't well written? Gaara if anything is one of the best written characters in Naruto by far. The backstory of being the same as Naruto, overcoming that, becoming Kage, Gaara vs Deidera, dying, then leading the entire shonibi army all while giving an epic speech? If Gaara isn't a well written character then we simply have different defintions of well written characters.

Danzo I agree is a great character.
I was clearly talking to Gaara as a Kage. Gara overall is a nice character and I like his progression. But once he became Kage and nice he became farrrrr too nice and level headed. His character became soulless for me.

bad guy Gaara >>> Kate Gaara

They forced his nice nature.

Onoki I agree there wasn't much to his character. But Tsunade, Gaara, Danzo, Raikage are clearly better written
For me Onoki > Raikage writing wise.

A wasn’t that great.

So among the Gokage : Tsunade and Onoki were nice the rest not that great. (Danzo isn’t part of the Gokage)

WB, BB and Shanks are better for me

Law is way to popular.Oda will never kill that guy

Big mom was uninteresting, boring and her attack damage was non existent for yonko standards. It would be far better if she never came to Wano. Kaido should be the sole villain and luffy kid and law would team up to beat him.
The fights could be the following:
Luffy, kid, law vs kaido
Zoro vs king
Sanji vs queen
Jinbei, vepo vs jack
Killer vs hawkins

Kaido was ok, not as bad as many think he was. Although when i first learned his name in thriller bark, i pictured a far cooler character in my mind and not the overused barbaric brute.
Good think is all the next villains are far better characters than kaido and obviously big mom.

I expected more from Kaido and BM, especially BM. They were introduced as mortal threats and BM become a meme in her own arc, WCI, basically being herself the main problem for the BM pirates. In Wano maybe she was even worse beating Ulti and Page 1 for Nami and Usopp and giving away Zeus. Then her defeat, along with Kaido, especially, was underwhelming, really bad done.

Kaido had to fight again disgusting amounts of plot power, mainly in his last fight with Luffy, was cool as a dragon zoan but didn't even get awakening.. not to talk about his flashback story.

Then there are still Shanks and BB keeping the fort. Shanks was hyped left and right in Wano just to end with him lol diffing an admiral miles away (maybe Oda exaggerated it this time, I would like more to not see such an huge difference in power). And BB still seems to be the final villain, even if he sweating at old Ray plus we have to see how his fight with Law ends (and how the hell he suddenly gets so much panel time?).

The problem is that it is the manga as a whole which failed with the end of Wano so even if Shanks and BB still seem promising it is the whole story that has fallen with Jesus Luffy. I hope and think that Shanks will have a good voyage (flashback, hype, power etc.) before he exits the story somewhat but about BB I fear he will get in the end a fight as the Luffy vs Kaido one, and that is bad.