News Top 10 Oricon 2020

Does anyone here actually understand why One Piece's total sales are down? It only released 30 or so chapters this year, at bare minimum this is 3 volumes. One Piece was pushing 4 or 5 when it was at the top of its sales.

Also, it being 3rd or lower when it still sells 7+ million between 2-3 volumes means virtually nothing to Shueisha, it still will bank always for them.

Not only this, but once Wano ends and the series starts propelling towards its endgame plot, you know increased hype will generate additional sales, however long that takes (5-10 years).

Aka, One Pieces sales will never put it in jeopardy of being canceled or having any issues releasing properly, it just releases 20-30% slower than it used to now.

Does anyone here actually understand why One Piece's total sales are down? It only released 30 or so chapters this year, at bare minimum this is 3 volumes. One Piece was pushing 4 or 5 when it was at the top of its sales.

Also, it being 3rd or lower when it still sells 7+ million between 2-3 volumes means virtually nothing to Shueisha, it still will bank always for them.

Not only this, but once Wano ends and the series starts propelling towards its endgame plot, you know increased hype will generate additional sales, however long that takes (5-10 years).

Aka, One Pieces sales will never put it in jeopardy of being canceled or having any issues releasing properly, it just releases 20-30% slower than it used to now.
One piece ain't coming back
New series are there for the new generation to watch

?
Its still number 3 on oricon dude and was number 1 for over a decade. It doesnt matter if it falls to under top 10, it will always complete its serialization.

And don't be shocked when volume sales do increase dramatically towards series end. A lot of one pieces major story hooks are backlogged and dependant on the the endgame plot.

Yes the series won't be in trouble,but the series has a steady decline for a while. Leaving the backlog aside ,these are the numbers for the volumes published in this year.
ONE PIECE 95 - 2.054.642

ONE PIECE 96 - 1.898.453

ONE PIECE 97 - 1.806.133
Only one volume managed to surpass the 2m mark .

The decline in sales continue and it is big assumption to assume that the sales will increase just because it it nearing its end game.
The editors already tried hyping Wano without their efforts bearing any fruit until now.

Yes the series won't be in trouble,but the series has a steady decline for a while. Leaving the backlog aside ,these are the numbers for the volumes published in this year.
ONE PIECE 95 - 2.054.642

ONE PIECE 96 - 1.898.453

ONE PIECE 97 - 1.806.133

The decline in sales continue and it is big assumption to assume that the sales will increase just because it it nearing its end game.
The editors already tried hyping Wano without their efforts bearing any fruit until now.
Isn't this a general decline for all series this year?
Only KNY has individual volume sales higher than OP. OP is declining but I think this applies to all manga series released this year.

ONE PIECE 95 - 2.054.642

ONE PIECE 96 - 1.898.453

ONE PIECE 97 - 1.806.133

Are those total sales? Because uh, that'd make sense since 95 was released in January and 97 was released in September. It takes months to do a couple hundred thousand beyond the initial sale, which makes sense considering 96 is right in the middle of sales.

Its not dropping in sales the way you think, there are less releases this year due to covid, and later releases in the year will ALWAYS see less numbers than those released in the beginning. There have been less releases every year since 2014.

Lmao
Kny will drop significantly
Kingdom was at the climax of a 150 chapters long arc last year so i don't expect it to do that good again this year
One piece only had 2 volumes and it was bullshit now that the battle has started the sales are gonna go high again
One piece will sell atleast 10-12 million this year and will be N1 again

Last edited:

When you put it like that...:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year I expect JJK to rank even better. Whilst obviously not to KnY levels, it could potentially even beat OP considering how well the backlogs are selling already and OP's sales decline.

I see CSM making it in top 10 too.

When you put it like that...:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year I expect JJK to rank even better. Whilst obviously not to KnY levels, it could potentially even beat OP considering how well the backlogs are selling already and OP's sales decline.

I see CSM making it in top 10 too.
'Demon Slayer' set to bestow nearly $2bn on Japan's economy

Really? I watched the first arc in the anime and I loved it. Should I continue the manga or should I continue reading kingdom since you say the later arcs are meh?
I would try to explain without giving any spoilers.
I think the later arcs decline in quality because the main character just gets too naive and the friendship cliche plays role in the later arcs. The same thing that happened to one piece too, but we know one piece also has several strong points too. Anyway, i don't want to talk too much to spoil it to you.

But by all means, if you really love it, you should continue reading/watching it and judge it by yourself. Everyone has different preference, after all.

I would try to explain without giving any spoilers.
I think the later arcs decline in quality because the main character just gets too naive and the friendship cliche plays role in the later arcs. The same thing that happened to one piece too, but we know one piece also has several strong points too. Anyway, i don't want to talk too much to spoil it to you.

But by all means, if you really love it, you should continue reading/watching it and judge it by yourself. Everyone has different preference, after all.
Alright