Anime Discussion Top 5 Best Anime

AL sama

Red Haired
Baccano! - Probably the most rewatchable series out of what I have listed. So many great characters who could all be the lead of their own series. Great comedy, drama, and action with some supernatural elements in a realistic setting. I know it has a lot going on but it makes it all work in an amazing way. I cannot count how many times I have seen this series so writing this makes me want to watch it again.
that's a really good one
Post automatically merged:

Akira - I am sure that most of you know but this is one of the most iconic anime of all time! Amazing anime and the reason we have anime in the west today. I love everything about this movie from the first time I saw it as a child. If you have not seen it do yourself a favor and check it out.
that's a given tbh

1. NANA
2. HxH
3. Aot
4. Fruit Basket
5. Death Note

All of them are well written with great characters and good drama!
Post automatically merged:

not counting movies

my list won't match with any of you I guess bur here goes

1 your lie in april/clanned
2 monogatari series
3 angel beast
4 legend of the galactic heoes
5 nana/monster
Wow another intellectual person who knows Nana's greatness

Last edited:
1. Major (baseball anime) : the best sports anime ever. No Cap
2. Reborn : so much enjoyable to watch
3. Phi Brain
4. Conan
5. HxH

Honorable mention that makes up top 10-12: Big 3, Getbackers, Inazuma Eleven, Kenichi , Eyeshield, Prince of Tennis.

--Long running

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. One piece
4. Yu yu hakusho
5. HxH

--Short

1. Death note
2. Code geass
3. Jojo ( Part 2/5/6/7)
4. FMA B
5. Fate stay series

--New

1. Demon slayer
2. JJK
3. Black clover
4. MHA
5. Seven deadly sins

Modern

--To ar majutsu no index
--Strike the blood

Then there is harem anime too

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena—Kunihiko Ikuhara is the Japanese version of David Lynch. Utena is about our titular character whose parents died when she was young. She falls into a deep depression and is saved by a mysterious prince. Utena is so grateful towards her prince that she decides to become a prince and save others. Fast forward 10 years and Utena is a student at Ohtori academy where she becomes entangled with the prestigious student council, a group of student who are all fighting to take possession of the Rose Bride. In my opinion Utena is the best anime and it literally only had like a $100 budget. It’s full of symbolism and literary references. Also episode 34 is my favorite episode in the series, and so far it’s my favorite episode in any media. Yes, it’s a shojo but I highly recommend it.

2. Neon Genesis Evangelion—I recently rewatched Evangelion, and I appreciate it so much more as an adult. I love how it starts off as a monster of the week type anime but then it becomes dark af as you learn more about the Evas, Nerve, Seele, and the Angels.

3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann—Gurren Lagann is Evangelion on antidepressants. The characters never give up hope even when all is lost. I enjoyed watching Simon grow from an outcast to a leader. The relationship between Simon and Kamina is beautifully written. The animation is awesome and the soundtrack is amazing. I love how the characters go from living underground in oppression to hurling planets at their enemy. It was an amazing ride!

4. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood—I followed the monthly FMA manga and was an active participant in an FMA forum. I was so excited when Brotherhood was announced. The anime did such a great job adapting the source material. I will always be invested in Ed and Al’s journey toward atonement and regaining what they lost.

5. Paranoia Agent—A short but brilliant anime from the legendary Satoshi Kon. This anime requires viewer patience but it is so worth it. The premise is that a young boy on rollerblades is attacking random people with a baseball bat. Who is this figure and what is his motive? Once it is revealed that emotional despair connects our victims, things take a turn for the worse.

*Honorable Mention: Yu Yu Hakusho—I feel like everyone knows about my Yu Yu Hakusho obsession. The Dark Tournament is the best tournament arc of any anime and I will die on this hill.