TV Show Recommendations

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Didn’t see a thread for this already, what are some of your favorite television programs? Anime included, although there’s definitely a thread for that.

Here are some of mine, in alphabetical order (after the first one):

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia - the show that has largely defined my life and personality, a group of the worst people on earth run a bar and get into trouble everywhere they go. That description doesn’t do it justice, but if you love watching terrible assholes terrorize everyone around them to extreme comedic effect, holy shit, this is the show for you.

Currently running - Atlanta, Barry, Better Call Saul, Black Mirror, BoJack Horseman (RIP), The Boys, Corporate, Fargo, Future Man, GLOW, The Good Place, I Think You Should Leave, Rick and Morty, The Righteous Gemstones, Shameless, Succession, The Umbrella Academy, Watchmen, What We Do In the Shadows

Completed (in no particular order) - Scrubs, Sons of Anarchy, Veep, You’re The Worst, 30 Rock, Community, Chuck, Detroiters, Justified, Kroll Show, Legion, Silicon Valley, Comedy Bang! Bang!, Arrested Development (seasons 1-3), Dexter (skip seasons 5 and most of 6), Breaking Bad, Trailer Park Boys, American Vandal, Santa Clarita Diet, Sense8...

I realize that if I don’t stop now, I may never be done with this list. Gimme some of your suggestions!!

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Breaking Bad rules supreme.
First season of True Detective.
Game of Thrones aside from the last 1-2 seasons.
House of Cards aside from last season without Spacey.
Lost, the ending may not be satisfying but ok overall.
Black Sails.
Chernobyl.
Yes, yes, never cared for it, ABSOLUTELY to both parts, nailed it again, never seen the last two but have heard VERY good things about Chernobyl.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
For the classics :

House MD is a must.

Dexter for the 5 first seasons (1,2 & 4 !!)

Ally Mcbeal

Scrubs

Buffy the Vampire slayer

Game of thrones first 5 seasons

Spin city with Michel J fox (awesome show)

(Obviously friends and HIMYM)

Current show :

- Watchmen

- good place (only watched season 1 and the beginning of season 2)

- you're the worst (quite fun and crazy)

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
For the classics :

House MD is a must.

Dexter for the 5 first seasons (1,2 & 4 !!)

Ally Mcbeal

Scrubs

Buffy the Vampire slayer

Game of thrones first 5 seasons

Spin city with Michel J fox (awesome show)

(Obviously friends and HIMYM)

Current show :

- Watchmen

- good place (only watch season 1 and the beginning of season 2)

- you're the worst (quite fun and crazy)
Wow, I honestly did NOT expect to find another YTW fan here...nobody else I know watched it, but I have not seen a finer representation of clinical depression set against a failing love story in my entire LIFE :cheers:

Also, who’s your favorite Dexter villain that ISN’T the Trinity Killer?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Wow, I honestly did NOT expect to find another YTW fan here...nobody else I know watched it, but I have not seen a finer representation of clinical depression set against a failing love story in my entire LIFE :cheers:
Haha yeah I fell randomly into that show and I binged the first two seasons and it was awesome. The writing is smart and original and completely crazy.

The couple is really good : I remember an episode when they party all the time because they feared to get bored and to be normal, except that a real and sain couple has to be good while doing nothing/chilling.

Also, who’s your favorite Dexter villain that ISN’T the Trinity Killer?
Dookes is the best ! But I don't really know if he is a real villain..

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Haha yeah I fell randomly into that show and I binged the first two seasons and it was awesome. The writing is smart and original and completely crazy.

The couple is really good : I remember an episode when they party all the time because they feared to get bored and to be normal, except that a real and sain couple has to be good while doing nothing/chilling.

Dookes is the best ! But I don't really know if he is a real villain..
Dude, Doakes was more of a threat to Dexter than the Ice Truck Killer or Lila! The only good villain in the last four seasons, in my opinion, was Sirko in season 7...I thought he and Dexter had a VERY interesting dynamic, he was just a monster of a different caliber than the others. He didn’t fall into murdering by accident like Prado, wasn’t doing it for personal reasons like the two I mentioned earlier and Lumen (who I loathed), and wasn’t a controlling maniac like Trinity and Travis - he genuinely enjoyed killing people as much as our favorite forensics guy. Really wish we’d gotten to see him across two seasons instead of Hannah :kriwhat:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Black Mirror - Current season trash is tho
Game of Thrones - Last 2 seasons were trash
Stranger Things
Rick and Morty
Skam
You
Sex Education
Elite
Merlin
Vampire Diaries
The Boys

All I can think about for now.
I’ve been lurking on the periphery of You, seems like something I might enjoy. The main character looks WAAAAY too much like one of the core members of the Always Sunny cast for me to get past, though.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Dude, Doakes was more of a threat to Dexter than the Ice Truck Killer or Lila! The only good villain in the last four seasons, in my opinion, was Sirko in season 7...I thought he and Dexter had a VERY interesting dynamic, he was just a monster of a different caliber than the others. He didn’t fall into murdering by accident like Prado, wasn’t doing it for personal reasons like the two I mentioned earlier and Lumen (who I loathed), and wasn’t a controlling maniac like Trinity and Travis - he genuinely enjoyed killing people as much as our favorite forensics guy. Really wish we’d gotten to see him across two seasons instead of Hannah :kriwhat:
I said Doakes was not a villain because ultimately he was a good guy and Dexter in the end wanted to set him free. And I loved Dexter and Doaks relationship. It was part of the best moments of the show.

I totally agree and Sirko could have been a good choice but I didn't really like the end of the season he was in.
The season began really well and he was different from what we were used to (the moment when Dexter trapped him in the Mexican bar was awesome) but the season had no real rythm and was quite plain in the end. I feel like his plot line was rushed and lead nowhere.

I agree it is one of mine guilty pleasure too.

I’ve been lurking on the periphery of You, seems like something I might enjoy. The main character looks WAAAAY too much like one of the core members of the Always Sunny cast for me to get past, though.
You is a really good show. I really love it when a show has a creepy MC, and make us wanna root for them even though they're fucked up.

I said Doakes was not a villain because ultimately he was a good guy and Dexter in the end wanted to set him free. And I loved Dexter and Doaks relationship. It was part of the best moments of the show.

I totally agree and Sirko could have been a good choice but I didn't really like the end of the season he was in it.
The season began really well and he was different from what we were used to (the moment when Dexter trapped him in the Mexican bar was awesome) but the season had no real rythm and was quite plain in the end. I feel like his plot line was rushed and lead nowhere.

I agree it is one of mine guilt pleasure too.
VD is a really great show tbh. One of the shows I've binged like crazy. They really have a way of keeping up the tension constantly. However I never finished it tho....once Elena died...I died.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
VD is a really great show tbh. One of the shows I've binged like crazy. They really have a way of keeping up the tension constantly. However I never finished it tho....once Elena died...I died.
The first three seasons are the best one (S03x19 !!!)
I didn't see the last two seasons. But in the end I think they ran out of ideas and the plot began to be average.

Team Delena !

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You is a really good show. I really love it when a show has a creepy MC, and make us wanna root for them even though they're fucked up.

If that kind of main character is what you like, DEFINITELY watch Always Sunny when you need to laugh.

If that kind of main character is what you like, DEFINITELY watch Always Sunny when you need to laugh.
Yh I might give that and the office a try

The first three seasons are the best one (S03x19 !!!)
I didn't see the last two seasons. But in the end I think they ran out of ideas and the plot began to be average.

Team Delena !
Team Stelena all day everyday.