General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

I've said it some time ago in this thread, and I'll say it again, the 9 Red Scabbards have been the best characters in Wano, imo. It feels like the plot and stakes of Wano matter so much more through their lens. If I had to choose anyone to save Wano and defeat Kaido, it would be them. That obviously won't be the case, but it's what I believe atm.
The Scabbards are ok and I actually like Nekonamushi but they are characters that are taking way too much screentime from the Straw Hats much like the the Supernovas and DR alliance. Most of them are not that good.

For some reason, I have never been invested in their stories or design :kayneshrug:

Characters like Smoker and Tashigi literally caught my attention in a matter of four chapters.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The Scabbards are ok and I actually like Nekonamushi but they are characters that are taking way too much screentime from the Straw Hats much like the the Supernovas and DR alliance. Most of them are not that good.

For some reason, I have never been invested in their stories or design :kayneshrug:

Characters like Smoker and Tashigi literally caught my attention in a matter of four chapters.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not bothered by their focus. Nor do I think it's at the detriment of the Strawhats. I think Oda could do with giving them better things to do, is all. That's the real problem.

-Akainu would have lost to Old Whitebeard had their fight continued
-Zoro still can't beat an opponent like Vista comfortably
-Luffy is still barely stronger than confirmed YC1 like King or Marco. He has at best a 50% chance of winning
-Big Mom is faster than Kizaru :milaugh:

The only one confirmed to have Ryou other than Scabbards and Hyouguro is Luffy. And I don't think he's soloing Kaido. Neither Zoro not Sanji has been confirmed to have it. Same is the case with Kidd and Law. Maybe they gained it during the 2 week time skip.

A zoro hater that doesn’t know how to read a children’s story . Why am I not surprised :seriously:

Gamma Knife was not such a big deal for Doflamingo and it didn't weaken him enough given how Doflamingo's wounds never opened during his fight with Luffy after and just the fact that he was still alive and able of thinking which means that his brain wasn't affected by it. Plus first aid shouldn't have been enough to help Doflamingo if his organs were really in pieces.

Gamma Knife was not such a big deal for Doflamingo and it didn't weaken him enough given how Doflamingo's wounds never opened during his fight with Luffy after and just the fact that he was still alive and able of thinking which means that his brain wasn't affected by it. Plus first aid shouldn't have been enough to help Doflamingo if his organs were really in pieces.
Yes they weren't completely destroyed, that was even shown on panel inside his body

However something bugs me

Ace's organs were supposed to be annihilated yet he survived for several minutes

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not bothered by their focus. Nor do I think it's at the detriment of the Strawhats. I think Oda could do with giving them better things to do, is all. That's the real problem.
Yes, that's exactly the issue. For instance, Kinemon in DR does nothing of real substance except dressing like DD and rescuing a Snitch. You could have easily deleted him out of that arc and you would not notice. To make matters worse he is not really cool, handsome, likable, and his fart jokes are awful. He is more of a joke character. He possibly has the most screen time aside from Luffy in the TS and he never made to the top 100 ( he might after this arc) in the character polls. I have no idea why Oda loves his character so much. I think the only time I actually connected with him was with the whole Tsuru thing when he was being reckless, irresponsible, and stupid.

Tashigi being in DR would have been my choice. She is attractive, likable , and has a really high degree of chemistry with any of the straw hats without breaking the hierarchy of strength and status of the crew (looking at you Jinbe). DR is the equivalent of Alabasta, Tashigi actually winning a fight and succeeding in saving the royal family would have brought actual character development, and stakes instead of Fujitora doing nothing and looking confused asf. I don't know maybe Oda is saving this for another arc.

To put it simply

If you only had one spot for a supporting character in Dressrosa... Who would you pick between between Kinemon and Tashigi ?

For the Sanji rescue arc, who would bring most stakes and depth between Carrot and Robin ?

The answer to both questions is pretty obvious :kayneshrug:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Who would you pick between between Kinemon and Tashigi ?
I think you know the answer to that.

But to be clear, I did not care for Kin'emon during Dressrosa. I didn't care for him or his fellow retainers and Momo. The point is that Wano changed my stance on most of them (not Raizo, he's still quite boring). The fact that Kin'emon isn't the strongest, isn't the best looking, nor smartest, but fights so fiercely in the name of his lord because of the opportunity he gave him to be so much more. That's what makes Kin'emon for me. Oden deferred to him an important task which he planned on carrying out alone. Kin'emon strived to give back to a man he always struggled to give back to. Just because Oden was such a pillar of a man, what was someone like Kin going to do in return? Finish the most important task his lord left him. Even if the odds are insurmountable, even if he has no allies by his side, he'll still fight hard for the cause his lord believed in.

That resonates with me a lot.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I think you know the answer to that.

But to be clear, I did not care for Kin'emon during Dressrosa. I didn't care for him or his fellow retainers and Momo. The point is that Wano changed my stance on most of them (not Raizo, he's still quite boring). The fact that Kin'emon isn't the strongest, isn't the best looking, nor smartest, but fights so fiercely in the name of his lord because of the opportunity he gave him to be so much more. That's what makes Kin'emon for me. Oden deferred to him an important task which he planned on carrying out alone. Kin'emon strived to give back to a man he always struggled to give back to. Just because Oden was such a pillar of a man, what was someone like Kin going to do in return? Finish the most important task his lord left him. Even if the odds are insurmountable, even if he has no allies by his side, he'll still fight hard for the cause his lord believed in.

That resonates with me a lot.
Kinemon kiku and denjiro are my favorite out the scabbards

Doflamingo low diff'd Law.
Law only landed blows thanks to outside help or by taunting Doffy.
Doffy didn't even use his Awakening and still manhandled him.

Prime Garp is not equal to WB/Roger. He's weaker than them. Buggy was on Roger's ship during his prime and his prime ONLY and never witnessed anyone other than WB fighting Roger as an equal. WB is WSM for a reason, Sengoku himself thinks WB > Garp.
Garp was = to Roger before Roger hits his prime, not after.

Yonko=Admirals. Not sure how unpopular it is as of right now but back when I shared this opinion around 2012-15 it was widely unpopular.

Im is not the final villain, he's less relevant than Sakazuki and Blackbeard. He will be Dragon's foe, not Luffy's

Mihawk > Shanks. Unpopular but it really shouldn't be as It's factual.