General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Just look at the opening sentence of the intro :"power wealth fame..bla bla The man who achieved.."Pirate king Roger
Pirates want all this bc they are egoistical and ruthless
That's the implication
Proves that Luffy's goals>>>the other pirate's goals because Luffy doesn't want to achieve all these things for himself alone or for his crew only but for everyone

You don't have to be a Literature teacher to know that you won't get this all by being a nice gentle guy
Also in the opening there a bunch of ships setting sail (=competition)
Didn't realize that there was only nice gentle guys and evil guys and nothing in-between.
Are you implying competition is evil...

He left her with a child despite knowing his future and being a wanted criminal
She knew both those things aswell and she wanted the child. Not his fault at all nor hers

BM had the strongest df amongst the top-tiers until Nika fruit was revealed. Just like ope ope, it felt like Oda was deliberately nerfing her df usage in some situations. For example, she only healed her arm instead of a full regen (or even her broken ribs when she mentioned it), another one is why did she only use 1 year of her lifespan? Right now, we can chalk it off to that being limits of her fruit and that sucks ass.

Misery never hit anybody in the manga, it would have been so much better if her final move was launched like a shockwave before it turned sentient. She was capable of doing much more destructive aoe back in WCI. Oda really rushed the entire fight to not overshadow Luffy’s fight, such a shame…

Anyways, her df still remains to be one of Oda’s most creative designs with crazy potential. It’s in the same tier (personal ranking) as the vague dfs like ope-ope, paw-paw, and nika fruit.

Big Mom has overall been such a poorly handled and rushed character, which hurts even more for me because she was the yonko I was looking forward to the most. After all that's happened things might've been better off if she had just literally died from happiness after eating the tasty wedding cake, which really served no purpose other than to restore her stamina and waste chapters.

I think Ace's death wasn't bwell written and its importance was only retroactively inflated by the flashback arc.
Up until his death, Ace was very much a background character with barely any appearances to the reader. The exact nature of his and Lufy's relationship was mostly unknown. To me it felt almost like Oda just wanted to up the stakes on a whim and decided to kill a character (which he rarely ever does) close to Lufy (but before showing us how close exactly).

Sure, the flashbacks contextualized it but at the time Ace actually died I had a hard time caring for the guy.

I think Ace's death wasn't bwell written and its importance was only retroactively inflated by the flashback arc.
Up until his death, Ace was very much a background character with barely any appearances to the reader. The exact nature of his and Lufy's relationship was mostly unknown. To me it felt almost like Oda just wanted to up the stakes on a whim and decided to kill a character (which he rarely ever does) close to Lufy (but before showing us how close exactly).

Sure, the flashbacks contextualized it but at the time Ace actually died I had a hard time caring for the guy.
Agree 100%. I also felt that introducing Sabo kind of nullified the impact of Ace's death since he's just been Ace 2.0 since his introduction, even using Ace's DF and acting as the big brother. If Ace had at least been more prominent and fleshed out before then, Oda might've been able to make him and Sabo more distinct. And if Sabo had at least been mentioned before Marineford I may have been a bit less annoyed, but it just feels like he was jammed in there right before the flashback arc, making it feel forced rather than like a natural part of the narrative. Even then the explanation for why he never contacted Ace nor Luffy until after the execution also felt really lazy what with his amnesia being cured only after seeing Ace's death in the paper, even though Ace was probably in the news dozens of times before that. Best response I get to that one is "yeah but Ace dying triggered him emotionally" not buying it. It just feels like Sabo was created at the last minutes before the timeskip.

Crocodile is better than Doffy
Even part of Doffy's crew and their devil fruits are just Baroque Works copycats.

Well not like i didn't expect disagreements

We have our own lenses that prioritise certain notions.

It is what it is

But some don't get that and resort to hate smearing
Like this

This bait is..
4/10
The transphobia really bumps it up (as people can fall for it easier if it has bigoted beliefs) but it's still shitty bait ngl.
Like what's me wanting a different dynamic that actually fits the bravado theme of 2 brothers as vessels of the Daimyo cherishing brotherhod on battle field gotta do with me hating trans folk.. It just naturally resonates with the audience unlike what was portrayed

I still like Izou's just planely more for the same reason

Duh the underlying reason is that the dynamic is unconventional and the whole transvestite feminine theme doesn't suit it.

And I'm transphobic for it 💀

Last edited: