General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

So you're saying that Tama has been canonically confirmed as the last nakama but Oda won't show that in the manga even after writing it himself?
:fujilaugh: funny cope
The worst part is that is not even stated that she needs to be a bewitching kunoichi (since it's her dream) but that she needs to learn ninjitsu. You know, powerful techniques like punching the dick of someone or flying a kite.
Post automatically merged:

people who think Mihawk can't cut Jozu are retarded. Jozu blocked an unnamed base level haki-less flying slash.

Yeah, the blade attack that Mihawks uses to see if he is at the same level of the strongest man in the world is just a un-named attack without haki. Mihawk is just a retarded egotistic troll and his own words mean nothing.

The worst part is that is not even stated that she needs to be a bewitching kunoichi (since it's her dream) but that she needs to learn ninjitsu. You know, powerful techniques like punching the dick of someone or flying a kite.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the blade attack that Mihawks uses to see if he is at the same level of the strongest man in the world is just a un-named attack without haki. Mihawk is just a retarded egotistic troll and his own words mean nothing.
Oda off paneled, but he sticked a post-it note on the slash, to put it on Jozu. "We're gonna have to posticipate" written on it.

I'm fine with the anime ignoring the little details that make the One Piece story special, to focus on making crazy animations to attract more mainstream people.

The way to really hook new fans in, is to create material for us to make clickbait AMVs and edits to post on Tiktok or Youtube. There's no point looking through the 1000 episode anime for the cute little foreshadows Oda leaves for us anyway. The manga will always be the real source for discussions and theories. Most anime watchers only watch like 10 episodes then skip to the fights anyway.

The King vs Zoro animated fight will probably attract a new batch of Zoro fans, it surpassed every fight in the story so far in my opinion. The only thing I'll treat as canon from it is the dialogue, and I assume Oda is the one writing it.

Enies Lobby and Water 7 are overrated. In fact I would say it's the part where One Piece starts to show cracks. It starts insanely good. We have character drama, mystery, cool new characters. But after the arc everything resets back to zero because this is a long-running shonen that still has to be milked for a long time.

Water 7 is amazing up until the point where CP9 want to kill Iceberg. Then everything falls apart. CP9 has Iceberg and Paulie tied up and the whole Strawhat crew is down. Their reasoning is that they want to pin the crime of killing Iceberg on the strawhats... but they don't kill him, they just leave him in a burning building with the strawhats and a bunch of people still around. These guys just lost all credibility as being serious villains. Which is funny, considering they are supposed to be a secret service type group that specializes in assassinations and other shady things. Iceberg can tell everyone that Strawhats are the good guys and the gubberment is evil, if he survives. Which of course he does... Depsite being tied up in front of 4 professional assassins.

Lucci is a horrible, boring character. His flashback is cringe. He kills Nero, his own comrade, but couldn't kill a defenseless Iceberg. Spanda is also horrible. This is the first arc where the main villains weren't amazing in a One Piece arc. The general story is a rehash of Nami's arc. Robin goes with the bad guys because she thinks her crew is in danger. And despite that the crew goes to save her against her wishes... Which is what happens with Nami. Not that it's a big deal, but I see people say all the time how Sanjis arc in WCI is a rehash of Robins arc... but never how Robins arc is a rehash aswell...

Anyway, this is also the first arc where the story seems to get dragged out with unneccessary bullshit. After the initial sequence in the town, did we really need the part where they chase Robin in the train and fight filler villains? That whole part could have been cut out. Make Sanji try to rescue Robin while they are still at the station, fail, and then let the crew regroup and go straight to Ennies lobby. While in Enies Lobby proper there also seem to be a lot of distractions and running around... Weird character designs also seem to appear in this arc, with the whole Franky family looking absolutely stupid.

The crew just loses against CP9 with no chance against them, only to completely wipe them out the next day. Luffy vs Usopp is great drama at the start, but ofc it doesn't matter in the end. Not only do the elite assassins not kill Iceberg, the elite 5 Vice admirals also have no chance of catching Luffy and his crew. The government/marines were a complete joke in this arc even though it was setting them up to be really dangerous and elite.

Just a rant, I don't hate Water 7/Enies lobby and they have a lot of great moments. But I think they are overrated and we can see things appear here that would plague most post-timeskip arcs aswell.

I don't like that Imu is just some rando king from the first 20 kingdoms who is still using his real name. Would've been more impactful if he was revealed to at least be related to something pre-established from the early parts of One Piece.

I mean I guess LOda could reveal later on that Imu was the king/queen of Goa or Dressrosa or even Drum, but that doesn't really seem as impactful as tying him directly to Alabasta.

I don't get what you mean with that
By that I mean it's implied that the WG were just tools to Doffy and Croco, who were inspired by Roger's death, we could see a phantom of a love tap most of the time, when the story starts we don't really see the actual backlash from this, like you could see inches of it actually happening but then it never goes through.

The series implies that most pirates are evil and were inspired by roger, but when we get near the meat, the story runs off from that.

By that I mean it's implied that the WG were just tools to Doffy and Croco, who were inspired by Roger's death, we could see a phantom of a love tap most of the time, when the story starts we don't really see the actual backlash from this, like you could see inches of it actually happening but then it never goes through.

The series implies that most pirates are evil and were inspired by roger, but when we get near the meat, the story runs off from that.
OK I thought you talked about increased number of Pirates and more danger for civilians etc

The series implies what?

And yet Roger being kinda of a dick is never mentioned, instead he's proto luffy...which is actually worse for his character.
Dude slaughtered Squard's crew, even if Squard isn't the best person, and an entire country army just because some of its soldiers were rude to his crew. To most Roger was certainly a scumbag who deserved to be in a cage rather than live free as a pirate.