General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Ace had grown really reliant on his df to fight and he neglected to train his physical abilities and haki further. This was shown against Blackbeard where he didn't use his physical abilities and haki and instead used new techniques with the Mera to fight Teach after he revealed that he could negate Ace's power by touching him and against Akainu.

Ace had grown really reliant on his df to fight and he neglected to train his physical abilities and haki further. This was shown against Blackbeard where he didn't use his physical abilities and haki and instead used new techniques with the Mera to fight Teach after he revealed that he could negate Ace's power by touching him and against Akainu.
And despite that he made it to YC2 level apparently or close that ~

Hahaha isn't this just the truth?
If you think about it: most devil fruit users are like this, too reliant on their powers. Luffy would be as well if he didn't realise through the struggle with Ace and Kuma that it simply isn't enough.

I'm betting this will be Blackbeard's downfall as well.

Hahaha isn't this just the truth?
If you think about it: most devil fruit users are like this, too reliant on their powers. Luffy would be as well if he didn't realise through the struggle with Ace and Kuma that it simply isn't enough.

I'm betting this will be Blackbeard's downfall as well.
Yes Blackbeard's claim about most df users who are too reliant on their df is both true and hypocrital since it's clear that he has become himself very overconfident and reliant on his df powers with him only dropping his guard very easely and choosing to get two df instead of developping his physical abilities and haki. That makes him the total opposite of Shanks who has no df and got extremely powerful through years of hard training and battles and mastery of haki and swordsmanship.

Yes Blackbeard's claim about most df users who are too reliant on their df is both true and hypocrital since it's clear that he has become himself very overconfident and reliant on his df powers with him only dropping his guard very easely and choosing to get two df instead of developping his physical abilities and haki. That makes him the total opposite of Shanks who has no df and got extremely powerful through years of hard training and battles and mastery of haki and swordsmanship.
Yeah, but still I'm unsure of it, as he did eventually make Ace bleed a lot despite him being actual fire. Not to mention he managed to cut (??????) Shanks even without the devil fruit.
But then his overall look makes him seem like physically unfit.

I'm suspicious that Oda might be hiding his superior haki abilities.

Van Auger actually said that Ace was an excellent fighter even without his DF powers

Well Oda didn't do a good job at putting it in action since for the rest of the fight we only saw Ace using his df in new ways instead of using anything else against Blackbeard.
The fated confrontation against Akainu only confirmed it with Ace once again relying on his df against a much superior foe.

Yeah, but still I'm unsure of it, as he did eventually make Ace bleed a lot despite him being actual fire. Not to mention he managed to cut (??????) Shanks even without the devil fruit.
But then his overall look makes him seem like physically unfit.

I'm suspicious that Oda might be hiding his superior haki abilities.
He did make Ace bleed though it was thanks to him being physically stronger than Ace. Also the fact that he chose to get a second df after his misadventures against Ace, Luffy, Magellan and Whitebeard tell me that he hasn't really learnt his lesson and that instead of trying to retrain his haki and physical abilities to become stronger and overcome his weaknesses he instead chose to believe that it was because the Yami alone wasn't powerful enough and to get the Gura too to be sure to be stronger.

Well Oda didn't do a good job at putting it in action since for the rest of the fight we only saw Ace using his df in new ways instead of using anything else against Blackbeard.
The fated confrontation against Akainu only confirmed it with Ace once again relying on his df against a much superior foe.
Yeah, most of the fight is offpanelled after Auger's statement there, which is just after Blackbeard reveals what it is his DF can do.
Well I can't be certain that the translation is spot on, but a sentence starting with "I suppose" is an assumption. I don't know.
I've always taken it to be more "ah, I shouldn't be surprised Ace is this strong even without his DF powers, given he's a WB pirate." Sort of like Auger had never really thought about it, but having seen Ace in action realised it made sense.

He did make Ace bleed though it was thanks to him being physically stronger than Ace.
Yeah, that's why I think it's a bit misleading how Oda drew Blackbeard, as opposed to all these guys drowning in muscles.
I've always taken it to be more "ah, I shouldn't be surprised Ace is this strong even without his DF powers, given he's a WB pirate." Sort of like Auger had never really thought about it, but having seen Ace in action realised it made sense.
I've always taken it as throwing a bone that Ace actually put up a fight, and not just utterly crushed.

That also makes the fact that BB chose to recruit Moria ironic since Moria too had grown too reliant on his df despite his excellent mastery of it, and neglected to maintain and train further his other powers, and that it looks like he finally learned his lesson during the timeskip and began to redevelopp them whereas Teach may be making the same mistake that he did.

That also makes the fact that BB chose to recruit Moria ironic since Moria too had grown too reliant on his df despite his excellent mastery of it, and neglected to maintain and train further his other powers, and that it looks like he finally learned his lesson during the timeskip and began to redevelopp them whereas Teach may be making the same mistake that he did.
It still might be misleading that Blackbeard's relying on it too much because he is greedy for da fruit.

After all, the #1 mistake both Whitebeard and Ace made was underestimate him. (as well as Ace being too confident with his fruit)

It still might be misleading that Blackbeard's relying on it too much because he is greedy for da fruit.

After all, the #1 mistake both Whitebeard and Ace made was underestimate him. (as well as Ace being too confident with his fruit)
Maybe but that would also make it particulary karmic if he ends up doing the same mistakes that Ace and Whitebeard did concerning him and that like them it either causes his capture or his death.