News Volume 96 coming on April 2020

Well, black people probably do, for one...do you need to have whitewashing in anime/manga explained to you? Because it’s really not my place based on my ethnicity, but it’s definitely an issue across the industry.
Again who cares, I am more interested in the Story and character development, rather than enthnicity, race, gender and the other BS that is forced in the western media like in movies and Comics (like the "new" new Warriors)

J

Jo_Ndule

Again who cares, I am more interested in the Story and character development, rather than enthnicity, race, gender and the other BS that is forced in the western media like in movies and Comics (like the "new" new Warriors)
You probably wont understand a thing

Btw Your statement smells just as lame as trolls that say " I dont care about race/colour " yet will make racist comments or be mad when they cast a character with different tone as supposed.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Great, so we’ve covered everything you care about...one individual down, the entire fandom left to go. Some people like to see themselves portrayed in a respectful manner when it comes to their favorite series, and One Piece draws an extremely diverse audience, so it’s not unreasonable to want Oda to at least be consistent with the racial makeup of characters HE created.

Since I’m sure this just sounds like SJW shit to you, I’ll conclude with this - if you’ve been reading this series for any length of time and don’t see the clear ethnic/racial themes in a lot of arcs, then you’re definitely not getting the same message a lot of us are.

Because we care!

Oda is just like most artists out there thinking black people lips are that way.
I mean Aokiji's who is dark-skinned if I'm not mistaken is one of the most handsome sexiest characters on the show "Specially post-timeskip design" which is more detailed and muscular/vainy...etc.
So don't be too sensitive... Usopp and Blackbeard both of them somewhat had similar features EVEN BEFORE THIS cover page... in fact, many theories popped up about them being related because of how similar they look during the Orojackson time...

The colouring of the entire volume seems a bit off there. Like it's been filtered or something. Everyone looks paler/whiter than they have in other times Oda coloured them.

But Blackbeard is not dark skinned. And never had been.

I'd be very wary of throwing around accusations of white washing when Oda has quite consistently kept his characters with the same skin tone.

To be honest I can't think of a single dark skinned character in the series. Fishmen and merfolk are his analogue for racism, not skin colour, which is rather homogenous throughout.

There's maybe an argument that aspects of Ussop and Blackbeard's designs have aged... unfortunately since the late nineties and early 2000's when he thought them up. But considering the messages throughout One Piece I'm quite confident in saying Oda is the furthest thing from a racist.

The colouring of the entire volume seems a bit off there. Like it's been filtered or something. Everyone looks paler/whiter than they have in other times Oda coloured them.

But Blackbeard is not dark skinned. And never had been.

I'd be very wary of throwing around accusations of white washing when Oda has quite consistently kept his characters with the same skin tone.

To be honest I can't think of a single dark skinned character in the series. Fishmen and merfolk are his analogue for racism, not skin colour, which is rather homogenous throughout.

There's maybe an argument that aspects of Ussop and Blackbeard's designs have aged... unfortunately since the late nineties and early 2000's when he thought them up. But considering the messages throughout One Piece I'm quite confident in saying Oda is the furthest thing from a racist.
You have to read Whiskey Peak with coulor XD