News Volume 96 coming on April 2020

You read the SBS question right? The question mentions who this person is that Oda was referring to in that previous SBS and tries to connect it to the Kouzaburo business.

Then Oda says yes that the person who wrote the question had got the clues right.

Geez.
And you're just ignoring the bits where they talk about how this relates to Zoro's lineage by saying it is Oda 'trolling"

Geez

@EtenBoby
Could you translate the Nami one? And also what is the Shinobu part about and who is that person under her?
I translated it myself.

Reader : Nami likes all fruits, but among them she likes tangerines even more.
Shouldn't she also like oranges and similar citrus fruits as much? Yet it seems to be tangerines, and only tangerines.
She has special feelings for that fruit... please tell me why!

Oda : Okay! Nami's love for that fruit is related to her upbringing! You'll understand if you read the Arlong Park arc (volume 7 - 10). She grew up on a tangerine grove. Tangerines make her remember memories related to her deceased mother and this is why that fruit is special to Nami. Thanks for sending that question.

Last edited:
Are you aware that Zoro's current backstory where his entire motivation in the series is laid out consists of a grand total of seven pages
Yup. And thats the beauty of character conception. Simplicity carries so much weight when you're creating the conception of a character

I asked What would a five page backstory do NOW for Zoro. Get it? 1000 chapters of Zoro's character have passed and we are millions of letters passed Conception.

Btw I'm actually asking this question. Like I want to know what you can do in five pages of backstory to somehow create a new aspect or highlight an existing aspect of Zoro that the last 1000 chapters have not enough for it to mater to Zoro even a little bit in this arc or just mater to the arc itself.

Im not petty enough to dismiss something good if you can actually present said good thing. I'm all ears

Because he did troll the readers in the manga already. Why would I expect him to be serious in this SBS section where it's dick jokes galore
He gives both serious and jokey answers in SBS. This is a serious answer. And nowhere in the manga has he "trolled" us about Zoro's past.
Yup. And thats the beauty of character conception. Simplicity carries so much weight when you're creating the conception of a character

I asked What would a five page backstory do NOW for Zoro. Get it? 1000 chapters of Zoro's character have passed and we are millions of letters passed Conception.

Btw I'm actually asking this question. Like I want to know what you can do in five pages of backstory to somehow create a new aspect or highlight an existing aspect of Zoro that the last 1000 chapters have not enough for it to mater to Zoro even a little bit in this arc or just mater to the arc itself.

Im not petty enough to dismiss something good if you can actually present said good thing. I'm all ears
First of all, you keep running with the assumption that it's only going to be a five page flashback. Doesn't have to be the case.

As to what it brings Zoro, well, I'm not expecting something totally earth shattering. But it could lead to us understanding a bit more about him as a character, and given he's my favourite character- that excites me.

For example- we don't know why he wanted to be WSS. That's a dream he had prior to Kuina dying. Now we can get an answer. Maybe he wants to be WSS because he heard stories about Ryuma. Maybe we'll get to see his family, and see if they had an effect on him becoming the man he became. It adds a bit more karmic justice if a long lost immigrant son of Wano plays a key role in opening the borders to the world. Itcan add an extra layer to his relationship with Yasu, why he took his death so personally and wants to take down Orochi because of it.

There's plenty of room for Oda to develop Zoro with this. And you've for some reason decided before it even happens that it'll be shit regardless.

Why are some Zoro fans so salty about the fact that Zoro might be a shimotsuki ? ?? Tf
Because they want him to be a normal human who become the strongest like shanks, mihawk, wb, rayleigh, kaido. They didn't come from strong family but at the end they wrote their legends. We already have luffy and sanji coming from famous family so i kinda understand their point of views.

But zoro is zoro, he is not normal human. A guy who wants to be the strongest since he was a child, showing superhuman things and related to demon stuff is not common :)

I translated it myself.

Reader : Nami likes all fruits, but among them she likes tangerines even more.
Shouldn't she also like oranges and similar citrus fruits as much? Yet it seems to be tangerines, and only tangerines.
She has special feeling for that fruit... please tell me why!

Oda : Okay! Nami's love for that fruit is related to her upbringing! You'll understand if you read the Arlong Park arc (volume 7 - 10). She grew up on a tangerine grove. Tangerines make her remember memories related to her deceased mother and this is why that fruit is special to Nami. Thanks for sending that question.
So Oda wasted a whole side to explain to ONE PERSON something which everyone should know since the beginning of the Story???