News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

Oda doesn’t always include everyone who is important during the volume, but I get the rationale. Though I wouldn’t speak too soon on the Scabbards being in the next volume. Maybe they are, maybe they aren’t. I think it’s more likely the Beast Pirates feature, similarly to the Big Mom Pirates.
I think people are severely underestimating where we are in Wano. If the F6 were just put on the cover this volume, its very unlikely 98 is a beasts pirates cover entirely, especially since we know next to nothing about the Numbers, which seem to be integral to Kaido's crew, given their card rankings.

I dont expect a BP vs. SH pair of volumes for a few more volumes at least. Next one seems like Yamato, Momo, Kanjuro, Orochi and the Scabbards tbh.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I think people are severely underestimating where we are in Wano. If the F6 were just put on the cover this volume, its very unlikely 98 is a beasts pirates cover entirely, especially since we know next to nothing about the Numbers, which seem to be integral to Kaido's crew, given their card rankings.

I dont expect a BP vs. SH pair of volumes for a few more volumes at least. Next one seems like Yamato, Momo, Kanjuro, Orochi and the Scabbards tbh.
We’ll just have to wait and see, because I have very different expectations for how much longer the arc will go. And last thing I want to do right now is debate on what ifs and take aways.

We’ll just have to wait and see, because I have very different expectations for how much longer the arc will go. And last thing I want to do right now is debate on what ifs and take aways.
Understood. I'm just looking at it from how much as yet to even be addressed from a story content point of view:

1. Missing Characters: Tengu, Hiyori, Tama, Onimaru,and Caribou are all conspicuously missing from Onigashima.

2. Plot: There have been hints from Kaido, especially with this "New Onigashima" plan, that much of these conflicts may yet fold back to mainland Wano. What is Onigashima's and Wano's importance to the world and the past? Much more that follows this with individual characters, including Big Mom and Kaido's relationship respectively.

3. Character Plotlines: This is the biggest one. The Calamities are only just starting to be shown off, if slightly. Only 2 Numbers have been shown. 3 of the F6 have been MIA for some time now. The fates of Orochi, Kanjuro and Hawkins are all in limbo right now. The possibility of the BMP coming through along with Pero and Marco's alliance. Along with the fact that who knows what other factors get injected into the arc. Not to mention how Oda even ties all this up together in a conceivable and digestible way (which he will). Kaido and Yamato's flashback is all but guaranteed too.

So yes, still certainly an if, but considering how much Oda still needs to address and not even from an action point of view, I think its going to be a long time before we reach the conclusion of the arc.